Which JN Poster Would make the best GM and why?

jgb

Which JN poster should be in the big chair and why?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Introducing the next Jets GM...

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Like taking Nelson 6th and then trading our two 2nd rounders to get back into the 1st for McGlinchey is a bad idea?!

Love Nelson,, but if Chubb there you have to go Chubb as pass rush demons are rare as hell

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

I want Mayfield, or Chubb/Nelson/Trade Back (in that order) if all QBs gone by 6

Trade up w/ Giants for Rosen is my #1 option.  Would be good w/ Mayfield though.  I don't draft a G at 6, no matter how good he projects to be.  Chubb's athletic #s scare me a bit.

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

Trade up w/ Giants for Rosen is my #1 option.  Would be good w/ Mayfield though.  I don't draft a G at 6, no matter how good he projects to be.  Chubb's athletic #s scare me a bit.

I wouldnt have issue depending on the cost... I dont see Giants trading w/jets though and see the guy they traded off being next Broadway Joe. We might have to trade w/browns.

the thing about GM or any of these jobs is that they don't love the team like we do. they are mercinaries who move from town to town trying to find employment.

they come and go. talking of Michaelangelo. 

the fans are forever. well, the 2 dozen or so of us that are left.  That's a list of people who really care about the Jets. and that care probably disqualifies all of us. 

Oh and I voted for JiF so he loads the team up with nonBama SEC types. It's not brain surgery. 

13 minutes ago, peebag said:

Jw12 - the team wouldn't be any good but the resulting fire would be da awsum

Bite your tongue the team would be the best in the NFL and you know it. 

Did I mention free beer to fans in attendance every time the Jets score a TD 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

This is serious business.  I could just hire CTM.  I dont need 2 strength and conditioning coaches, Ape. 

Up to you. 

Just know, you catch more flies with honey than you do with a miserable, noodle dancing hippie that smells like dirty laundry.

If I was the Jets GM, I would have cut loose all of my veteran players before the 2017 season and signed a journeyman veteran QB with a rock solid history of losing lots and lots of games in order to secure a top 3 pick in the 2018 draft. Then I would send an army of scouts to watch every game of the top college QB's and interview everyone and anyone who has ever known them. Then, after my HC managed to win 5 games with the terrible roster I provided him with, I would welcome the HC's decision to elevate our gem of a QB coach to OC, and use his Shannahan connection to help entice the top QB free agent to sign with us. After that failed, I'd sign: 1) the top free agent CB ; 2) free agent upgrades at C, ILB, and RB; 3) a young and injured free agent QB with upside on a show me deal; 4) my veteran QB (and future QB coach) from last season; 5) my #1 CB from last season to play the #2, and I 's still leave enough money and flexibility to sign any top guy who might become a cap casualty... like Tyrann Mathieu.

I would then tell all of the teams ahead of me in the draft to check in with me before trading their pick to any team. If no trades are made, I'd pick the highest ranked QB on my board available at #6. If I trade up, I'd do the same at whatever spot I am in. Then I would go BAP who is not a CB, S. of ILB from the point on, breaking all ties and close calls in favor of O linemen, rush OLB, and 3-4 DE. 

1 hour ago, SouthernJet said:

Gee, my own kid doesn't nominate me :(

I would be best GM.  I would threaten players if they don't play well they will have to spend a weekend in the Jets Mod Lounge 

pulpfiction4.png

1 hour ago, jgb said:

I love you too much to wish such a Hell on Earth upon you

I had no idea you guys were related. How is Southern so cool, while jgb is so... jgb?

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

Maybe its  NYJUNC.  Imagine an analytic stat driven GM like they are doing in baseball. 

Heh. With that guy, we’d have a horrible team - but he’d be masterful in explaining the hypothetical greatness of it.

Actually, he’d be damn near perfect as a status quo GM for this franchise.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Heh. With that guy, we’d have a horrible team - but he’d be masterful in explaining the hypothetical greatness of it.

Actually, he’d be damn near perfect as a status quo GM for this franchise.

Exactly!  He's a stat whore.  lol

I am one of the two that voted for you.

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Pretty funny stuff. Even funnier is that the team might be better ran with @JiF's list of hooligans at the helm. 

I'd put my name in the hat - but y'all better real comfortable with 3 or 4 TE formations. 

let's bring back the wishbone too.

2 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Exactly!  He's a stat whore.  lol

I am one of the two that voted for you.

He loves his stats, but more than anything - he’s a maven of dishonest debate tactics, relying almost exclusively on hypotheticals when reality doesn’t support his stance. This is effectively what the jets have been selling my whole life!

3 hours ago, JiF said:

@Lith - LB'ers

Obviously, you have never met me.  This would be an epically bad hire.  I am a nerdy Ivy League geek who is more comfortable with numbers, analytics and negotiations.  I belong in the front office, possibly on Sperm's staff.  But I would be horribly miscast as a LB coach.

Yes, I am also a nerdy SEC geek, but Ivy League and nerdy geek just seem to go better together.

15 minutes ago, Lith said:

Obviously, you have never met me.  This would be an epically bad hire.  I am a nerdy Ivy League geek who is more comfortable with numbers, analytics and negotiations.  I belong in the front office, possibly on Sperm's staff.  But I would be horribly miscast as a LB coach.

Yes, I am also a nerdy SEC geek, but Ivy League and nerdy geek just seem to go better together.

I just feel like Georgia LB'ers deliver in the NFL...so you have the inside edge.  :-)

Archived