Which JN Poster Would make the best GM and why?

jgb

Which JN poster should be in the big chair and why?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Introducing the next Jets GM...

Not one of these other candidates has big hands. Also, none of them ‘banged the table’ for guys like Dak and Jimmy G in their draft years. If I were GM we’d have eleventy-five QBs, leveraging them as the most lucrative capital in the NFL (a point I’ve been making for years), and in addition to this I was one of the first to introduce the arguments against Rex, and now Mac and his reluctance to consider positional value in the draft.

Badically, this post is my insecure reflex to advocate for more votes, through self-deprecating sarcasm.

My resume speaks for itself. If it doesn’t, I’d be more than happy to tell you all over-and-over again.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont want to come into the thread and be all obnoxious and claim this is an obvious answer but it really is clear I'd be the best GM.  Not just for me keen eye for talent and high level understanding of how to build a roster.  But I'd also implement winning culture by empowering the team I surround myself with to focus on their strengths as I delegate off some of my weakness, which are few.  Which is another reason I'm a great leader.  I know my strengths and weaknesses and I'm willing to appoint posters who are better than me at certain aspects of building my vision.

My first hire @HessStation - Hess understands what it takes to build a Super Bowl roster.  We're really the same person from that perspective.  It's almost like we share our right eye.  He sees what I see and I see what he sees.  We're 2 peas in the same pod.  He would be my Asst. GM and we'd be the best executive duo in the NFL.

My second hire would @Sperm Edwards - he's truly a salary cap savant.  He's a visionary.  He's so far out in front of the other cap experts in the NFL that it's truly a sight to behold.  However, he's extremely long winded so I would need a good listener who actually can keep their attention span engaged long enough to retain what Sperm would be spewing.  @Bleedin Green 

My next round of hires would be specific to position scouting:

@Lupz27 - QB's

@Matt39 - pass rushers

@bitonti - OL

@Paradis - RB's

@Villain The Foe - WR's

@New York Mick - DL

@Lith - LB'ers

@SenorGato - CB's

@T0mShane - Safeties 

My next wave of hires would be more about the mental and physical health of the team:

@The Crusher would be our nutritionist.  Buffet's all day, every day.

@gEYno would be our team psychiatrist. 

@kevinc855 would be in charge of fan interaction/game day experience - Jet up, bitches

@Integrity28 and @CTM - strength and conditioning.  You may think why hire to middle aged fat and out of shape nonathletic guys to run this dept. but it's that whole, learn from experience, dont do what these guys do strategy.  Plus, little known fact, they actually think they're experts in this space and watching the 2 of them try to work together would be entertaining for the rest of us. 

@dbatesman would be in charge or monitoring @Pac takes on Football to provide me feedback so we know to do the exact opposite of everything he says.

@Miss Lonelyhearts data geek nerd 

@Maxman he'd run social media, duh.

@UnitedWhofans he'd control narratives and work on changing our fans mindset so we can finally start winning

@JoJoTownsell1  he's in charge of PR and spinning everything positive for the Jets

Look at this structure and tell me the Jets wouldnt be a dynasty.  You cant.  I know.

If I didnt include your name, it's not that you're not important.  You may just be forgettable.  So, please respond with where you think you could make an impact and I'll review your application and see if we can find a spot for you on this future dynasty. 

7 minutes ago, slats said:

I didn't vote for you because you're obviously an unreliable drunk. 

True story. I was going to reply “I wouldn’t vote for me either because I’m an unreliable drunk” and then I checked and realized that I did, in fact, vote for me. So we’re on to something.

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s an honor to be nominated, but I’d really like to be the President of Football Ops so I can assert my unified vision for the franchise over the entire organization. I would run the team in a manner not unlike Putin’s Russia. We would be a monster. There would be assassinations. I would imprison my political foes.

As for the real answer, the three posters with best overall track records regarding prospects are Hess, LonelyHearts, and Matt39, with @Matt39 holding the edge because LonelyHearts was all in on Bjorn Werner that one year. 

offended.

First hire I’d make (after Matt39) is UnitedWhoFans to be my chief propagandist/media liaison, and I’d have him do a thirty minute sit-down interview with Mike Francesa, during which Francesa’s Head would fall off his shoulders due to intense frustration with United’s answers. It’d be a seminal moment in franchise history. 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont want to come into the thread and be all obnoxious and claim this is an obvious answer but it really is clear I'd be the best GM.  Not just for me keen eye for talent and high level understanding of how to build a roster.  But I'd also implement winning culture by empowering the team I surround myself with to focus on their strengths as I delegate off some of my weakness, which are few.  Which is another reason I'm a great leader.  I know my strengths and weaknesses and I'm willing to appoint posters who are better than me at certain aspects of building my vision.

My first hire @HessStation - Hess understands what it takes to build a Super Bowl roster.  We're really the same person from that perspective.  It's almost like we share our right eye.  He sees what I see and I see what he sees.  We're 2 peas in the same pod.  He would be my Asst. GM and we'd be the best executive duo in the NFL.

My second hire would @Sperm Edwards - he's truly a salary cap savant.  He's a visionary.  He's so far out in front of the other cap experts in the NFL that it's truly a sight to behold.  However, he's extremely long winded so I would need a good listener who actually can keep their attention span engaged long enough to retain what Sperm would be spewing.  @Bleedin Green 

@Lupz27 - QB's

@Matt39 - pass rushers

@bitonti - OL

@Paradis - RB's

@Villain The Foe - WR's

@New York Mick - DL

@Lith - LB'ers

@SenorGato - CB's

@T0mShane - Safeties 

My next wave of hires would be more about the mental and physical health of the team:

@kevinc855 would be in charge of fan interaction/game day experience - Jet up, bitches

@Integrity28 and @CTM - strength and conditioning.  You may think why hire to middle aged fat and out of shape nonathletic guys to run this dept. but it's that whole, learn from experience, dont do what these guys do strategy.  Plus, little known fact, they actually think they're experts in this space and watching the 2 of them try to work together would be entertaining for the rest of us. 

@dbatesman would be in charge or monitoring @Pac takes on Football to provide me feedback so we know to do the exact opposite of everything he says.

@UnitedWhofans he'd control narratives and work on changing our fans mindset so we can finally start winning

@JoJoTownsell1  he's in charge of PR and spinning everything positive for the Jets

Look at this structure and tell me the Jets wouldnt be a dynasty.  You cant.  I know.

If I didnt include your name, it's not that you're not important.  You may just be forgettable.  So, please respond with where you think you could make an impact and I'll review your application and see if we can find a spot for you on this future dynasty. 

lol, holy geez

i campaigned sarcastically for the lulz... I think you actually take this serious

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Your Sanchez and Rex love deeply disqualifies you. Deeply.

I literally posted a thread "anybody but Sanchez" before he was drafted.

Rex - greatest Jets coach ever.  It would be hard not to bring him back but that's why I've hired such an incredible team.

gfy - I'm looking for another Safety expert now. 

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

@Lupz27 - QB's

@Matt39 - pass rushers

@bitonti - OL

@Paradis - RB's

@Villain The Foe - WR's

@New York Mick - DL

@Lith - LB'ers

@SenorGato - CB's

@T0mShane - Safeties 

Isn’t Lupz top qb prospect Jackson

i take back my JIF vote based on this alone

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Your Sanchez and Rex love deeply disqualifies you. Deeply.

Mmmm hmmmmm that and I don’t think players would run through a wall for a guy that Bob Rosses his tonsils with penis.

Just now, JiF said:

I literally posted a thread "anybody but Sanchez" before he was drafted.

Rex - greatest Jets coach ever.  It would be hard not to bring him back but that's why I've hired such an incredible team.

gfy - I'm looking for another Safety expert now. 

Gary and AJ will always be rememvered for being right. You? Not so much.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

lol, holy geez

i campaigned sarcastically for the lulz... I think you actually take this serious

This is serious business.  I could just hire CTM.  I dont need 2 strength and conditioning coaches, Ape. 

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

@Lupz27 - QB's

@Matt39 - pass rushers

@bitonti - OL

@Paradis - RB's

@Villain The Foe - WR's

@New York Mick - DL

@Lith - LB'ers

@SenorGato - CB's

@T0mShane - Safeties 

F60.81

22 minutes ago, JiF said:

@Lupz27 - QB's

@Matt39 - pass rushers

@bitonti - OL

@Paradis - RB's

@Villain The Foe - WR's

@New York Mick - DL

@Lith - LB'ers

@SenorGato - CB's

@T0mShane - Safeties 

So how much does the position of Head Listener of @Sperm Edwards pay exactly?

Just now, SouthernJet said:

Gee, my own kid doesn't nominate me :(

I would be best GM.  I would threaten players if they don't play well they will have to spend a weekend in the Jets Mod Lounge 

pulpfiction4.png

I was thinking of you and @CrazyCarl40 as a tandem.  The Jets would just be a sad graduate school for UNC and ND players.

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Haven't seen you promoting their players.  When we pass on a QB at 6, will you lead the "suck for shea / plummet for patterson" campaign?

I want Mayfield, or Chubb/Nelson/Trade Back (in that order) if all QBs gone by 6

Archived