Darnold #1 after pro day

7 hours ago, j4jets said:

If one 2nd rounder was enough, why would you propose to offfer two 2nd rounders? If Darnold is a sure thing, which most analysts feel comfortable justifying, then draft value goes out the door. Imagine if there was a QB as good as Brady coming out this year. Do you really think Browns would let such prospect go with just two 2nd rounders? 

Did u happen to see what Redskins offer was to pick RG3? Draft value chart only works after the first few picks have settled. Until then it’s all about the prospect and supply and demand. 

I know. That was strong sarcasm. That useless chart hardly ever adds up, especially top of draft. Sure darnold May be a sure thing, a sure thing turnover machine. But I think up until his pro day browns were not sure who they like the most. Let’s say they decided they wanted Allen or mayfield still but knew the giants wanted darnold. You mean they wouldn’t trade with them and take the extra 2nd knowing they are still getting the guy they want ?

Cleveland will be a much better team than the Jets next year. 

I predict that the Giants trade the pick.  If they take a QB at 2, which is where the value is, obviously, given what the Jets paid for 3, they are giving up on Eli and the rest of them.  The only way you win at NFL football is if you are all in winning now.  There are teams that are all in, and teams that are rebuilding, except of course if you are the spineless Jets.  

If the Giants want to win with Eli they need a talent infusion.  Maybe Barkley does it, but probably not at that value.  If they use 1-2 on a QB, that is one less potential pro bowl starter for 2018.  

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

Cleveland will be a much better team than the Jets next year. 

I predict that the Giants trade the pick.  If they take a QB at 2, which is where the value is, obviously, given what the Jets paid for 3, they are giving up on Eli and the rest of them.  The only way you win at NFL football is if you are all in winning now.  There are teams that are all in, and teams that are rebuilding, except of course if you are the spineless Jets.  

If the Giants want to win with Eli they need a talent infusion.  Maybe Barkley does it, but probably not at that value.  If they use 1-2 on a QB, that is one less potential pro bowl starter for 2018.  

Denver is interesting at 5. If giants trade back to 5 they are guaranteed to get a star in either Chubb or Barkley.  

5 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Denver is interesting at 5. If giants trade back to 5 they are guaranteed to get a star in either Chubb or Barkley.  

I think they'd go Nelson over Chubb.  Their OL is literally two guys and 3 practice dummies.

48 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I know. That was strong sarcasm. That useless chart hardly ever adds up, especially top of draft. Sure darnold May be a sure thing, a sure thing turnover machine. But I think up until his pro day browns were not sure who they like the most. Let’s say they decided they wanted Allen or mayfield still but knew the giants wanted darnold. You mean they wouldn’t trade with them and take the extra 2nd knowing they are still getting the guy they want ?

If their guy is the consensus #1, then they wouldn’t take a 2nd. Plus they’re risking Giants drafting their guy in a trade down, regardless of what the Giants say. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I think they'd go Nelson over Chubb.  Their OL is literally two guys and 3 practice dummies.

True. Solder was a nice pickup but they have lot more work to do. Their line will be much better then our patchwork junk job Soon though.  Gettleman is a guy who puts the line very high on list. While Mac and Bowles proven that is the last thing on theirs.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

That's great. He's not Joe Thomas. 

And the jets answer for joe thomas is..........

Cleve had jarvis landry, josh gordon, david njoku, carols hyde and their stop gap Qb is better thna our stop gappers.

They have the pass rusher we have not had for 10 years plus

They have 2 1sts and 3 seconds in the top 64.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Me too. I'll be screaming at the TV.  lol

The jets pick too - should be handed in once the 2nd pick is done.  The Jets will have their list of three QB's in a specific order and whoever is on top of that list is the pick.  There is NO trade scenario and nothing to discuss - Top QB left of their 3! 

As soon as they're on the clock there is no reason to wait.

26 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

And the jets answer for joe thomas is..........

Cleve had jarvis landry, josh gordon, david njoku, carols hyde and their stop gap Qb is better thna our stop gappers.

They have the pass rusher we have not had for 10 years plus

They have 2 1sts and 3 seconds in the top 64.

The Browns also won 0 games and the Jets won 5. They aren't both starting at zero

The Jets have better WR, secondary, OL, DT (they traded Sheldon) and ILB.   The Browns have better TE and DE edge. RB position is probably a wash. 

Jets do no have better WR at all in no way shape or form.

The jets oline stinks the browns stinks

Cleveland owned us in the game last year and despite all odds found a way to lose.

Last year vs the run Cleve 7th, jets 24.   vs the pass cleve 19, jets 21 sacks cleve 21 jets 28

running offense cleve 18, jets 19 passing offense clev 22, jets 16

In any case both teams are junk with lots of holes, they have way more resources to fill those holes.

• Sympathy 1

23 hours ago, nico002 said:

I’m honestly super bummed about this. Darnold is a stud. I’d trade next years first to move up to #1

I feel the exact same way.  I feel like we should've paid the hefty price to move up to #1 rather than #3.  Then again, I'm usually wrong when it comes to QBs so we'll see.  In any case, I think we're getting Rosen.  If he stays healthy, he can be great.

• 4 months later...
On 3/21/2018 at 11:45 PM, Jetsplayer21 said:

I don’t see those snakes picking Barkley. Maybe 20% chance. Other 80 is either giants want to pick eli’s Eventual replacement or trade down for hoard of picks doc gettlelan can form his O/D line the guy is obsessed with. Who would you want giants to take? Other than Barkley obviously. Assuming browns take darnold 

remind me not to get lottery numbers from you :-)

39 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

I've never understood the dredging up of this stuff but I sure am glad everyone, including myself was wrong and Sam is a Jet. Who da thunk it?

I was as anti-Darnold as anyone. I am optimistic that I will be proven to have been wrong on him.

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I was as anti-Darnold as anyone. I am optimistic that I will be proven to have been wrong on him.

Darnold no doubt will have problems with turnovers as a rookie but I think he’s gonna end up being somewhere between Eli and Big Ben

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Tony is an idiot he used scream in all caps at anyone on JI who dared say Kyle Wilson wasn’t the next Revis.  Guy is a weirdo

I remember getting berated by him over thinking Matt Ryan was going to be a franchise QB back in March before the 2008 draft.  Hey Tony, GFY!  ?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

I was actually still hoping I'd hear Rosen's name called when we were on the clock.

Dah well, Darnold will do. 

I had the same feeling.  But I believe that was my brain’s defense mechanism convincing myself that Rosen and Darnold has the same ceiling.  Same thing happened when we drafted Sanchez.  

Rosen’s floor might be higher but Darnold, if developed right, will be far superior to Rosen.  I say this because I do not believe Rosen to have Brady’s work ethic.  He is strictly a pocket passer.  Darnold will extend plays and turn busted plays into TDs with his mobility and his ability to improvise on the run.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1