Jets Sign Pryor

Mecca

18 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Someone who can do everything, take the top of the D, make the tough inside 3rd down receptions, win 50/50 balls, you know Julio Jones type, the Jets have guys who can do 1, or 2 of these things, but none that can do them all.

He’s (6’5, 235) and runs a 4.4, he’s still learning the position but he has the athleticism and size to win 50/50 balls, and the speed to take the top off a D. 

Other “true #1’s” In 2016 with less receptions/yards, than his (77, 1007):

De Sean Jackson (56, 1005)

Deandre Hopkins (78*, 954)

Davante Adams (75, 997)

AJ Green (66, 964)

Allen Robinson (73, 883)

Alshon Jeffrey (52, 821)

Kelvin Benjamin (63, 941)

*ya I kno

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, prime21 said:

Hate/Love these one year deals.  

Love em.  No need to get locked in, and it opens up the comp pick possibility if they get signed away next year

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Robby Anderson has continuously made this organization look like clowns...more than the Jets have themselves. I love his on field play but I don’t see a situation where they carry

Anderson, Pryor, Hurns, Kearse, Enunwa, Stewart, Hanson, and any other bench warmer that they already have...

thats 8-9 WR’s. You don’t typically see that many signed to one team. Someone isn’t getting playing time if that happens. Anderson makes the most sense given his off the field BS. 

So I don’t understand how you don’t understand the travel from A to B. 

Am I missing something here or do teams regularly carry 20 WR’s on the roster just because they are nice to have?

We have no TE, and Enunwa as an H-Back ahead of Crowell in 3 WR sets with Anderson, Pryor, and Kearse would be brutal on a defense.  Try covering him with a LB or a S, please - or go to dime and let us run at you.  I like it.

13 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

He’s (6’5, 235) and runs a 4.4, he’s still learning the position but he has the athleticism and size to win 50/50 balls, and the speed to take the top off a D. 

Other “true #1’s” In 2016 with less receptions/yards, than his (77, 1007):

De Sean Jackson (56, 1005)

Deandre Hopkins (78*, 954)

Davante Adams (75, 997)

AJ Green (66, 964)

Allen Robinson (73, 883)

Alshon Jeffrey (52, 821)

Kelvin Benjamin (63, 941)

*ya I kno

Dude is 29 YO, and begging the Jets for a 1 year deal so #1 WR?  Ya I know

psh

3 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

meh....I think we are all trying to shine a possible turd here.  sure he had one good season, but other then that....totally meh 

better then what we got tho

You’re aware that he “played QB” for three seasons before breaking out as a WR with Cleveland (in the “one good season” you referenced) right?

Then last year he got his ankle injury in week-2. 

9 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

meh....I think we are all trying to shine a possible turd here.  sure he had one good season, but other then that....totally meh 

better then what we got tho

Correct.  Its a low risk signing so I am sure he will not be guaranteed much.  He was awful last year.  They couldnt get rid of him fast enough in Washington after 1 year.

My expectations are low but no issues w/ kicking the tires and seeing if the 2016 version is still in there somewhere.

26 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Dude is 29 YO, and begging the Jets for a 1 year deal so #1 WR?  Ya I know

psh

We traded Calvin Pryor for Demario Davis last year, how good could Demario be? We signed Claiborne for pennies,  how good could he be? 

Teams are starting cut good players (Hurns), trade away good players (JPP/Peters etc..) because they are running out of cap space to sign their young studs to long term deals and to sign their own draft picks. This is the time of year teams with cap space can steal cheap players with upside. 

There is literally no downside.  

2 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Who is gonna get the ball to these guys? RBs?

Anderson was able to almost reach 1000 yards with Mccown this year and in 2016, Pryor reached 1000 yards with mccown as his primary QB. And that's worst case scenario. Best case scenario a rookie/Bridgewater emerge and steal the job from Mccown. 

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

We traded Calvin Pryor for Demario Davis last year, how good could Demario be? We signed Claiborne for pennies,  how good could he be? 

Teams are starting cut good players (Hurns), trade away good players (JPP/Peters etc..) because they are running out of cap space to sign their young studs to long term deals and to sign their own draft picks. This is the time of year teams with cap space and steal cheap players with upside. 

word

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Teams are starting cut good players (Hurns), trade away good players (JPP/Peters etc..) because they are running out of cap space to sign their young studs to long term deals and to sign their own draft picks. This is the time of year teams with cap space and steal cheap players with upside. 

Well said.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Robby Anderson has continuously made this organization look like clowns...more than the Jets have themselves. I love his on field play but I don’t see a situation where they carry

Anderson, Pryor, Hurns, Kearse, Enunwa, Stewart, Hanson, and any other bench warmer that they already have...

thats 8-9 WR’s. You don’t typically see that many signed to one team. Someone isn’t getting playing time if that happens. Anderson makes the most sense given his off the field BS. 

Am I missing something here or do teams regularly carry 20 WR’s on the roster just because they are nice to have?

Nothing is happening with Anderson until at least the preseason.   Worst case they try and showcase him for a draft pick.  Best case he responds to the competition and plays takes his game up a notch.

Terrelle-Pryor.jpg

Earlier tonight Ian Rapoport reported that the Jets were close to a deal with free agent wide receiver Terrelle Pryor. Multiple sources have confirmed that the Jets and Pryor have agreed to terms.

Pryor is a very interesting story. He was the starting quarterback for Ohio State, and was drafted by the Raiders, as a quarterback, in the 3rd round of the 2011 NFL Supplemental Draft. He never had success as a quarterback and he bounced around the league his first few years, also spending time with the Seahawks, Chiefs and Bengals. In 2015 he decided that it was time to switch positions and he became a wide receiver. In 2016 he had over 1,000 yards and seemed to be emerging. Last year with the Redskins he battled an ankle injury before undergoing arthroscopic surgery, he was place on I.R. in November.

pryor.png

Pryor, who is 28 years old, is a big receiver, he is listed at 6′ 4″ and 228lbs. He will be penciled in at or very near the top of the Jets depth chart.

You can read more in our forums and see what fans are saying about the Jets signing Terrelle Pryor.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
HYdaXNppvqI

Click here to read the full story...

12 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Nothing is happening with Anderson until at least the preseason.   Worst case they try and showcase him for a draft pick.  Best case he responds to the competition and plays takes his game up a notch.

Showcasing him in the preseason??  What are you talking about?  HAHAHAHAHAHA 

53 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yup...we don't have a TE - Enunwa can play the reciever TE role - with Kearse, Anderson, Pryor and would be great to have Hurns too...Combined with a young stud QB...

While it wouldn't be the most explosive offense in football - we would have a legitimate NFL offense for the first time in a long time.

Jordan Leggett says hi.

This guy has a nice upside and with ASJ gone he should get a real opportunity to win the job.  I wouldn't sleep on him.

I agree with those saying Enunwa to TE/H-Back, I think he is a lethal matchup nightmare. Smith was cut last year, only reason he is still on the roster is he cleared waivers. Since there is not financial benefit to keeping him or cutting him my guess is we hold on to him through camp.

I like the move on a 1 year deal, I'm not a big fan of paying a WR crazy money. I think our final receiving core could very well be: Pryor, Kearse, Anderson, Hanson, and Stewart. If we want to sign Hurns I could see them carrying 6 receivers. With Enunwa and Anderson up in the air these are very good moves.

Macc is crushing this offseason so far.

3 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Jordan Leggett says hi.

This guy has a nice upside and with ASJ gone he should get a real opportunity to win the job.  I wouldn't sleep on him.

Agreed.  His job to lose in the preseason.  Cant draft guys and sit them on the bench.  Let him get tons of reps this year and see what hes got.

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Robby Anderson is not indispensable for sure.....

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Showcasing him in the preseason??  What are you talking about?  HAHAHAHAHAHA 

I simply mean if a team say loses wr in camp., Anderson might become more attractive and we might get pick for him. Personally I wouldn't want to trade him but he needs to grow up and quickly.

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

We’re signing guys the Browns don’t want?

Our offense will revolve around Crowell and Pryor? Interesting.

If I wanted something from the Browns it would be their #1 pick, not their former players. 

They are signing guys to prove it deals... who wants to be here when the kid is ready year 2?...

Archived