Jets Sign Pryor

Mecca

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

We traded Calvin Pryor for Demario Davis last year, how good could Demario be? We signed Claiborne for pennies,  how good could he be? 

Teams are starting cut good players (Hurns), trade away good players (JPP/Peters etc..) because they are running out of cap space to sign their young studs to long term deals and to sign their own draft picks. This is the time of year teams with cap space can steal cheap players with upside. 

There is literally no downside.  

I love the signing, love it!  Was just refuting the fact that someone thinks he is the Answer as a true #1 WR.

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Bridgewater will be cut.  Wont even make the opening day roster.

We’ll see I think he wins job easy....in training camp if healthy at all.

Mccown and rookie backup

pett and hack can take a walk... maybe this bum hack to PS

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

Jordan Leggett says hi.

This guy has a nice upside and with ASJ gone he should get a real opportunity to win the job.  I wouldn't sleep on him.

Hope he stays healthy . You see that YAC??  forgot how much matchup problem he can be . And he plays big which I love . 

1 hour ago, JetBlue said:

Jordan Leggett says hi.

This guy has a nice upside and with ASJ gone he should get a real opportunity to win the job.  I wouldn't sleep on him.

He's like the perfect hybrid of Dustin Keller and Anthony Becht with a sprinkle of Kyle Brady thrown in!

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

We’re signing guys the Browns don’t want?

Our offense will revolve around Crowell and Pryor? Interesting.

If I wanted something from the Browns it would be their #1 pick, not their former players. 

He actually came from the Redskins last and was hurt.

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I know that, but he was once a Brown.  We literally have offensive "triplets" that were from Cleveland in QB, RB, WR.  It's just a little....odd.

I know i posted the tweet earlier lol...but they all had 1,000 yard seasons tbh. I know they are Browns but is that much better than Jets? Teams don’t define players.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

I really like our WR corps.  We don't have the big time guys we had in 2015 but we have a ton of really solid WRs w/ some young guys included that should keep getting better. 

Yes. Its a deep crew. The guys we have as our 6th and 7th players are the types of guys we used to have as our 2nd and 3rd options about 4 years ago.

Seriously.

Regarding Anderson, im not dying to get rid of him but for a 3rd round pick or so, id have to think about it.

Finally, Im excited for this offense. That is very rare with this team.

It's a nice low-risk signing. Pryor is 29 years old, but he doesn't have a lot of mileage on his tires because he has sat for most of his career and played QB in college. 

Pryor was the number 1 recruit coming out of high school and is a premier athlete for the WR position. Even if he slows down a little bit due to age, he is big and physical enough to still be useful. 

11 hours ago, prime21 said:

Hurns is 26 while Pryor is 29 so I would have preferred the younger player since thats the direction we have been heading.  UnitedWhioFans said Hurns was landing at LaGuardia so maybe we get crazy and sign both.

12 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

It's not like they're all starting for us like they did on the Browns.

Well......except McCown. 

And Crowell.

Actually Pryor could start too.....f*ck.

Damn. Didn’t realize we turned into the new Browns. 

Details on his contract come out yet? If it is 1 year 6 million I’m happy. I’d like to give Hurns a look too. Hurns, Pryor, Enunwa, Anderson, and Kearse If he sticks around would be awesome. I have no faith either Hansen or Stewart will pan out.

Archived