Best Place to Sit in MetLife

So I'm planning to come see a game in person for a change.

Soliciting feedback from Stadium regulars as to the best place to sit (1) to see the game, and (2) the best balance of cost vs. benefits.

I'm a big ol' tall fatty so bigger seats would be nice if possible, more legroom, that kind of creature comforts.

Thanks in advance (and no I won't tell you what game, the second I tell folks that they'll be old JI'ers roaming the parking lot to find me and kick my ass, lol!)

54 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Soliciting feedback from Stadium regulars as to the best place to sit (1) to see the game, and (2) the best balance of cost vs. benefits.

I'm a big ol' tall fatty so bigger seats would be nice if possible, more legroom, that kind of creature comforts.

Thanks in advance (and no I won't tell you what game, the second I tell folks that they'll be old JI'ers roaming the parking lot to find me and kick my ass, lol!)

I think the best value seats are the lower level endzone.

Feel free to tailgate with us if you want, we won't let anyone know you are going to be in attendance. We can sign an NDA if you would like.

I preferred the mezza because of the views but the energy was much better when we sat lower bowl, corner endzone.  Both good viewing lanes but hard to see the plays in on the opposite endzone where we were corner endzone.  The mezza we had 45 yard line though, so that was really nice.  Could see the whole field but it was quiet.  I was legit, the only one even clapping for good plays.  It was not a Football game environment. I've been to golf tournaments that had more energy.

Interestingly enough when I was in the mezza, I sat next to a Redskins fan.  He was appalled at how quiet it was and he said he was a little worried about wearing his jersey and then was like, but nobody even cares I'm here...haha...and this was the year we won 10 games.  Ironically, some drunken old man in a Jets jersey started yelling in his face for no reason.  Guy was totally minding his own business and we were destroying them too and this old belligerent drunk season ticket holder Jets fan just went in on him.  Well, little did he know because the Redskins fan was sitting down that homeboy was 6'6 265 and jacked.  It was really funny seeing tough guy boombatz get put in his place with the quickness.  Meanwhile, corner endzone, everyone was super nice, nobody was belligerent. etc.  Funny how that works considering the stories we hear from a certain poster.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I've got a gameday ticket along with a Rolex, a BMW, and a Mark Sanchez jersey ready for you to borrow for the weekend just for the asking. 

PM me. 

SAR I

Serious reply -- I think the 50 yard line in the mezzanine (sections 213 and 239) are the best seats at MetLife. Great view/sightline of the field, wide, padded comfortable seats and a lounge/club to retreat from the elements as needed. Not cheap but it's the best overall experience and not preposterously overpriced, like say the Coaches Club.

You'll get better "value" in the endzones but IMHO those seats suck, especially when the action is at the other end of the field. The uppder deck is a mile away from the field, I'd avoid that too. If you don't go often, go all out.

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Serious reply -- I think the 50 yard line in the mezzanine (sections 213 and 239) are the best seats at MetLife. Great view/sightline of the field, wide, padded comfortable seats and a lounge/club to retreat from the elements as needed. Not cheap but it's the best overall experience and not preposterously overpriced, like say the Coaches Club.

You'll get better "value" in the endzones but IMHO those seats suck, especially when the action is at the other end of the field. The uppder deck is a mile away from the field, I'd avoid that too. If you don't go often, go all out.

I agree with this but would add any of the Mez sections between the 40 yd lines are great.

Depends on what you’re looking for.  Great sight lines but as others have said, atmosphere blows

Very good call here, but the 50's are hard to get and expensive. 30's and 40's in the Mezz might be a better buy and are still great seats

I am surprised at the end zone in other posts here. We sat in Mezz EZ since the new stadium opened until we gave up the season tix last year and hated it when the play was at the other end. It was just to far away to even be able to see the play. When it is inside the 30 on your end however, they are the best seats in the house except that rarely happens. The only value of the lower bowl and Mezz EZ is that some of the seats are covered 

For the most part, there are no bargains or values in this overpriced environment. The Upper Deck, unless you have eagle eyes is the cheapest but IMHO, not worth even considering in this stadium unless it's Upper Prime near midfield. It's just way too high up there.

Another thing to consider is parking. There is Green, Yelllow and Orange. Green is close to the stadium but as most folks who park there go to the clubs, it doesn't have the same atmosphere as the tailgate rich yellow lots. These are not that much farther from the gates to make a difference. The Orange lot is in another zip code. 

Just my $0.02

Mezz (or at worst 1st row of 300s) between the 45s. Value per ticket isn’t great considering you can get tickets between the 35s to 45s much for much less, but it sounds like this is a one time thing for you so ball out. 

I’ve been all over the stadium in all the games I’ve been to, and this is the best for fans of the game who want to see plays develop or who like to try to get a presnap read. Plus, it’s just more fun...you can actually stand up and make noise on defensive third downs without gramps behind you yelling to sit down.

edit: I guess quality of eyesight matters here. For reference, I don’t wear glasses and can see clearly from 1st row 300s. Take that into consideration in case you need to sit closer or can afford to sit further (but I wouldn’t go any further purely from an enjoyment standpoint).

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

I've got a gameday ticket along with a Rolex, a BMW, and a Mark Sanchez jersey ready for you to borrow for the weekend just for the asking. 

PM me. 

SAR I

We going to sit together too, or will I be "Acting SAR" for that game?

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I was looking at Sec 115C, anyone have experience there?

If it is in the bottom half of 115c I think it is in the coaches club. Definitely isn't the best value money wise, but if you can swing it, definitely do it. The coaches club is insane. So much food. Great seats. Nobody sits in the seats in those sections so you are left alone to watch the game lol.

I sat in the Coaches Club a few years ago.  And while the sightlines and amenities are great, I would rather save the $$ and sit in the front of the upper deck at midfield.  Maybe it was just the section I was in -- but the atmosphere was lacking.  I felt like I was watching a golf tournament.  Little bit of polite applause, but not the same energy you get in the upper deck. 

And it was a good game, we beat the Redskins during the 10-win season.  Should have been a better atmosphere.

3 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Mezz (or at worst 1st row of 300s) between the 45s. Value per ticket isn’t great considering you can get tickets between the 35s to 45s much for much less, but it sounds like this is a one time thing for you so ball out. 

I’ve been all over the stadium in all the games I’ve been to, and this is the best for fans of the game who want to see plays develop or who like to try to get a presnap read. Plus, it’s just more fun...you can actually stand up and make noise on defensive third downs without gramps behind you yelling to sit down.

edit: I guess quality of eyesight matters here. For reference, I don’t wear glasses and can see clearly from 1st row 300s. Take that into consideration in case you need to sit closer or can afford to sit further (but I wouldn’t go any further purely from an enjoyment standpoint).

Agree here the first couple rows in the 300s are awesome for seeing everything. Don’t really see it as a mile away as some have said 

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

If it is in the bottom half of 115c I think it is in the coaches club. Definitely isn't the best value money wise, but if you can swing it, definitely do it. The coaches club is insane. So much food. Great seats. Nobody sits in the seats in those sections so you are left alone to watch the game lol.

Agree coaches club is definitely a good seat and atmosphere and the food is out of this world. 

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

I was looking at Sec 115C, anyone have experience there?

sunny side of the stadium.  Behind Jets bench.

I like the shady side and seeing the Jets bench head on.  You can get reasonably priced tickets in 137 or 140.  Wider seats (cushioned).  More leg room for you big gorillas.  Worth a few dollars more than the 142/135 seats.  No club access if that's something you want.  Mezz clubs are always more expensive and the sight lines are good, just higher up.  I sit half way up in the lower sidelines and I think that is the perfect height for the game. 

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

We going to sit together too, or will I be "Acting SAR" for that game?

Depends on which game you have in mind, but yeah, sitting together.  232A Row 1.  If you like a little elevation and don't want the Club sedateness, the Mezz A corners are a good way to go.

SAR I

Archived