Josh Allen to the Jets per Josh Allen

Lupz27

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm going to start calling our GM "Tape Measure Macc" if he takes Allen.  His entire pre-draft evaluation seems to consist of how big a guy is and how far he can throw the football.

Other than some have him rated 1, others 2nd etc, you'd have a point?

Ive always thought that to be a good QB the best trait to have was to be a good QB, which Allen currently isnt.

Anything can happen, but if Mac takes him and he busts, Mac will never sniff a job over area scout ever again.

1 minute ago, Grandy said:

How in any way does this point him in the Jets direction?

It doesn't, but he does fit the profile of a previous Qb Maccagnan fell in love with. If the private workout was in fact with the Jets, my gut says he's the pick.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

It doesn't, but he does fit the profile of a previous Qb Maccagnan fell in love with. If the private workout was in fact with the Jets, my gut says he's the pick.

Remember the zapruder pic of Macc creeping around one of the Hack workouts? This feels like that. 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

So do most QBs picked at the top of just about every draft.  Most top QB prospects are close to Allens size.  Not so many are Mayfields size.  

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Remember the zapruder pic of Macc creeping around one of the Hack workouts? This feels like that. 

No, but I do remember the days before the internet.  When fans didnt go back to find pics of a GM or scout at a workout after the fact and make it into someone creeping around

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, but I do remember the days before the internet.  When fans didnt go back to find pics of a GM or scout at a workout after the fact and make it into someone creeping around

Can’t imagine how many crying pillows you tore up before the internet. 

21 minutes ago, derp said:

I don't think he'll be there at three.

It's hilarious how bad the Jets are at ensuring stuff stays close to the vest though.

I’d say it’s the opposite, people are just throwing sh!t against the wall where we are concerned

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s the one pick that entirely aligns with the character of the organization and the people currently running it. A Mayfield pick would require growth, or at least an emerging self-awareness. 

So true. 

54 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

This place gonna go nuclear next Thursday lol.

save you the suspense in reading it, the team that privately worked him out, and wanted it hush aka Hack was the Jets.

Why would it go nuclear?  None of us have any idea who the best QB is? Personally I like Mayfield, but I hope whichever one the Jets pick is the best.

Archived