Jameis Winston Suspended 3 Games

JetsFanatic

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else see another storm brewing and the NFL handling this horribly? Not just sports media but all media will be all over this and given how taboo sexual assault/harassment is now, this is going to be another huge blow to the NFL. Goodell’s typical “deer in headlights” look and mishandling could have a big impact. This will be very interesting but crazy that a successful entity like the NFL can keep shooting itself in the foot. 

34 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Does anyone else see another storm brewing and the NFL handling this horribly? Not just sports media but all media will be all over this and given how taboo sexual assault/harassment is now, this is going to be another huge blow to the NFL. Goodell’s typical “deer in headlights” look and mishandling could have a big impact. This will be very interesting but crazy that a successful entity like the NFL can keep shooting itself in the foot. 

It won’t get too far because Winston is a good, young, marketable player that other teams want.

59 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Winston may be blessed because there's no video like Ray Rice. 

18 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Mariota is a perpetually injured cream puff milquetoast pussy. The Hawaiian Matt Ryan. Winston is a cornerstone player.

Mariota has now won a playoff game with one of the worst offensive supporting casts in the league.  Winston has a career losing record, a history of questionable behavior, and now a suspension to add to his resume.

You are often right, and clever to boot.

Not on this one my man... Not on this one.

Mariota is going to be one of the better QBs in this league.  Maybe not great.  But good. 

Winston is trouble.  Turnovers and trouble.

20 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Agreed. Winston is vastly overrated mainly because he is a gifted passer. He just isn't very bright and lacks judgment. The kind of things you really can't teach. So when you watch him play, he can make all the throws and look spectacular at times, but I just don't seem him ever putting it together on the field. Tampa was one of the teams I originally feared would try to trade up for a QB.

Unlike Sam Darnold, Winston makes the same mistake twice ?

11 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Mariota has now won a playoff game with one of the worst offensive supporting casts in the league.  Winston has a career losing record, a history of questionable behavior, and now a suspension to add to his resume.

You are often right, and clever to boot.

Not on this one my man... Not on this one.

Mariota is going to be one of the better QBs in this league.  Maybe not great.  But good. 

Winston is trouble.  Turnovers and trouble.

I think you have to be a sociopath to be a winning QB in this league over the long haul, and I think Mariota is too nice. Winston might be a jerkoff, but every player on that team thinks he’s Jesus Christ incarnate. Mariota reminds me of Matt Ryan in that way—too nice, a little soft, and the opposite of inspirational. 

It's one thing to think Mariotta is too soft, too nice, and lacking a killer instinct. I think there's something too that.

But Winston seems like a low IQ dirtbag who turns the ball over and has done nothing but lose despite having pretty good offensive weapons. One thing I agree on @T0mShane with -- for some reason his teammates seem to be all in on him. Hasn't really led to results yet.

12 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It's one thing to think Mariotta is too soft, too nice, and lacking a killer instinct. I think there's something too that.

But Winston seems like a low IQ dirtbag who turns the ball over and has done nothing but lose despite having pretty good offensive weapons. One thing I agree on @T0mShane with -- for some reason his teammates seem to be all in on him. Hasn't really led to results yet.

Gotta be careful with the Winston-is-dumb stuff, my bros.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think you have to be a sociopath to be a winning QB in this league over the long haul, and I think Mariota is too nice. Winston might be a jerkoff, but every player on that team thinks he’s Jesus Christ incarnate. Mariota reminds me of Matt Ryan in that way—too nice, a little soft, and the opposite of inspirational. 

I understand your "sociopath" comment.  I even agree with it to an extent.  Guys like Marino, Brady, Rodgers, Ben, etc... arrogant self-centered pricks.

On the other hand, I am not sure guys like Eli, Luck, Wilson, Brees are what you describe.  Are they?

10 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I understand your "sociopath" comment.  I even agree with it to an extent.  Guys like Marino, Brady, Rodgers, Ben, etc... arrogant self-centered pricks.

On the other hand, I am not sure guys like Eli, Luck, Wilson, Brees are what you describe.  Are they?

Wilson is definitely a douche that rubs everyone the wrong way, and Eli is likely on the spectrum. Brees is super nice, but is statistically dominant with one ring to show for it. Matt Ryan-y.

On 6/22/2018 at 1:45 PM, Joe Jets fan said:

Absolutely he is taking it now so he saves millions later.  I just don’t like it when posters always take the position that every investigation is made up and there is never any evidence.  The NFL, just like the police don’t conduct long term though investigations that show zero evidence and still suspend/arrest the innocent.   

But in this case there literally is no evidence other than the statement by the Uber driver.  No criminal charges either.  Not even a civil suit

If you want to bring up Winston’s friend saying he was in the car alone with the Uber driver so what most people on this message board have rode in an Uber by themselves doesn’t make them rapists

52 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

But in this case there literally is no evidence other than the statement by the Uber driver.  No criminal charges either.  Not even a civil suit

If you want to bring up Winston’s friend saying he was in the car alone with the Uber driver so what most people on this message board have rode in an Uber by themselves doesn’t make them rapists

I carry one of these:

38297.jpg

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Gotta be careful with the Winston-is-dumb stuff, my bros.

Video is blocked, but I think it's extremely clear from his actions, words, and behavior that Jameis Winston isn't "smart." At least not in the way I'd describe it. Maybe he's "football smart" but I don't see a ton of evidence that's the case in terms of his efficiency either.

7 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Then why did he lie and say someone else was in the front seat?  

6 minutes ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Which entity has more longevity?  Ryan Fitzpatrick or a left handed set up relief pitcher? 

Fitzpatrick. Hes only played like four full seasons. He's still got another decade of backing up and then taking over

driver alleged that Winston grabbed her crotch while the two were waiting in the drive-thru of a Mexican restaurant in Scottsdale, Arizona on March 13, 2016. 

The driver told BuzzFeed News that Winston "reached over" and "just grabbed my crotch." The driver also added that Winston kept his hand in place for three to five seconds and didn't remove it until she asked him, "What's up with that?"

1159186810_giphy(9).gif.55dc15560f9b8aee1885b6942d556dfd.gif

Oooooooohhhhhh Weeeeeeee, what’s up with that! What’s up with that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/22/2018 at 3:50 PM, Hael said:

I'd take pre injury Bridgewater or Mariota any day of the week over Winston... Even if I didn't know anything about the off field issues.

The media has made Winston one of the most overrated players in the league.  He has a stacked offense, yet perpetually finds ways to lose or to underperform with that team. 

When I see Winston play, I see him make many poor reads, and he is known for inconsistent throws.   He basically lives or dies by throwing 50-50 jump balls to one of the best talents in the league, but that isn't going to give you long term success in the NFL.

Meanwhile Bridgewater had a great rookie season with very limited weapons.  He doesn't cause his team to lose, and can make a lot of great plays when necessary.  Tom Brady was like that too early in his career.  Take care of the football and slowly expand your range.

Bridgewater and Mariota may be nice guys but Winston is the much better QB. 

49 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Bridgewater and Mariota may be nice guys but Winston is the much better QB. 

He is.  Mariota has the league’s best offensive line in front of him and played a cake walk schedule last year in the afc south

Archived