Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

12 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

still laughing at someone bragging about handing sixty large to this prolapsed anus of a franchise

A lot of US have spent large cash over the years on this franchise in some type of form merchandise, single game tickets, home decor etc regardless if you are a season ticket holder or not. 

The fact that someone has the audacity to brag about it in a manner to make themselves powerful or look  wealthy is pathetic to say the least. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

This is what happens when season ticket holders sell tickets to opposing teams fans. 

I would eat them or burn them in the fire pit like I have done in years past when Jets fans couldn't attend. 

The green in the Vikings game pic looks very Kelly green so maybe the NY Jets have been changing the color and we haven't even noticed.

This is what happens when a so-called diehard fan from the Giants Stadium era gives up his season tickets the minute Victor Cruz goes 99 yards ending the back-to-back AFC Finalist runs and sending us back to the dark ages.

Not only do they give up their season tickets (putting them in the hands of enemy fans) but they also refuse to buy tickets for a measly $25 to see the Sam Darnold Jets in the middle of a 2-0 run at home (putting them in the hands of enemy fans) on a beautiful October day against the Vikings.

The people complaining about what they see on TV are the problem.  They are what's missing.  Their voices aren't heard.  Their colors aren't seen.  But they blame the good season ticket holders who actually spend the money and buy tickets and show up to 8 games a year.  Blame the good Jets fans and pretend the rest of us won't see their bandwagon cheapskate ways.  Pathetic.

Show up or shut up.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

No, its what happens at every stadium in the entire NFL.

Happens less here than other places because the stadium is just about sold out before every game.  Stop with this fake news

+1

Joewilly12 is a bandwagon fan.  Stopped going to games when Victor Cruz went 99 yards.  Now wants to worm his way back in to events like the Draft Party.  Pathetic.  And to top it all off, has the balls to call out season ticket holders who go to 8 games a year.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Not only do they give up their season tickets (putting them in the hands of enemy fans) but they also refuse to buy tickets for a measly $25 to see the Sam Darnold Jets in the middle of a 2-0 run at home (putting them in the hands of enemy fans) on a beautiful October day against the Vikings.

I was at the Vikings game cold and windy, I took the time to walk and meet a few prominent members of this JetNation community. 

My guess is it was too cold and windy for you to be there and you sold out to opposing teams fans again. 

You worry about how you spend your money and I will worry about how I spend mine. 

joewilly12 

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So it's impossible to be a hardcore Jet fan without having a lot of money?  I'm not saying that you're not a hardcore Jet fan btw. But the idea that every STH is a better fan than those who aren't is a very big stretch IMO.

No.  And it's not about the money either.

What I am saying is that a) those who attend 6+ games a year at 8 hours a pop are bigger/better fans than those who b) won't even spend $25 to see the Darnold Jets vs. the Vikings on a gorgeous October Sunday after a two-game winning streak against the Colts and Broncos.

No Jets fan can consider themselves "hardcore" and not make a single effort or two a season to see the team play at this ridiculous prices. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Each NFL team's revenue comes from broadcast rights, ticket sales, merchandising and licensing rights. Ticket sales are little more than a rounding error on a typical NFL team’s balance sheet. It’s TV that drives the train. Over 90 percent of self-described NFL fans have never attended a game. According to SAR only 10 percent of all NFL fans are "real" fans. That's about as false a stematenent one could make. Bottom line @SAR I is wrong, and should check himself before alienating the majority of Jets fans with his ridiculous blanket statements regarding who is a "real" Jets fan. 

You live in Syracuse.  You are only 3 hours from MetLife Stadium.  Did you make an effort last season?  Did you attend 2 or 3 games at $25 a ticket?  What about during the Geno Smith era?  How many games per year did you attend then when tickets were $15?

It's not about the money; it's about the effort.  If you didn't make the effort you are not as diehard as season ticket holders who spend 2 hours commuting, 2 hours waiting, and 3 hours watching at the stadium while physically apart from their families.  All the pretzels and facepaint in your mom's basement doesn't change that one bit.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

27 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'd say, going by the definition you posted theyre iconic.

Every football fan knows the look, theyre instantly recognizable.

You can say that about every single NFL Uniform.

I mean come on, you're not telling me that if I post a picture of any NFL Uniform, that you (or anyone here) will go "huh, no idea what team that is, wow!"

Seriously, come on.

Theyre completely wells established as the Jets look. 

A point without any value or meaning.  

I've had a dust bunny in the corner of my office for like 2 years.  It too is "completely well established" as part of the "office look".

Nothing about the definition says you have to be great.  Or that one of the most important and influential wins in the leagues history has to have happened recently.  GBs uniform wasnt more iconic post Favre compared to having won before Namath did

Listen, if other fans choose to lament it's (now 2nd) passing, they're entitled.

Few outside Jets Fan land will notice or care about it going away.  And lets be clear, what we wear in 2018 isn't the exact same as what we wore in 1969 either, it's similar, no more, inspired by, etc.  The "never change the 1969 uniforms" idea died in the 70's. 

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

What I am saying is that a) those who attend 6+ games a year at 8 hours a pop are bigger/better fans than those who b) won't even spend $25 to see the Darnold Jets vs. the Vikings on a gorgeous October day

Proof you weren't at the Vikings game. 

It was far from a gorgeous day. 

Ask anyone who attended, you were home on the sofa eating caviar. 

1 hour ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

In the last 10 years I spent $61,000 on my summer home in Myrtle Beach.

Obviously I haven't been spending my fun money wisely?

What kind of summer home costs $508 a month?  Sounds like a timeshare condo you rent two weeks a year amirite?

My summer home in Maine cost me in excess of $390,000 in the last 10 years and I still came up with the money for Jets season tickets.  Again, some of us are diehard and some of us aren't.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

One more time.  Happens everywhere.  The idea that other teams fans dont sell the same general percentage of seats is fake news.  Big deal, someone couldnt make the game and sold tickets.  In your mind they should have been given away to a Jet fan or a questionnaire handed out to prove that whoever is buying tickets is a Jets fan.  When I want to sell my tickets, I sell them.  So does any other fan.  

Anywhere

BTW, a picture of a handful of 6 or so Texan fans in a stadium that seats over 80,000 isnt a problem to anyone

+1

As people who actually attend games you and I know that there aren't a lot of enemy fans in the building at all, they just show them on TV a lot.  Same for Jets fans at road games, by the way.  Last year at Detroit you would have thought that 50% of the fans were in green and white the way ESPN catered to the big NY audience.

And unlike Detroit, Manhattan is a Top 10 tourist destination in the world and we had podunk fans from Indiana, Colorado, Minnesota, and Wisconsin planning their annual family hillbilly vacations around a trip to see the Statue Of Liberty and a Colts/Broncos/Vikings/Packers road game.  It's how it is in the NFL in the Stubhub era with a roaring economy and cheap flights.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If this thread gets locked because of turd throwing match between the most insufferable poster in this thread and a select few (AKA 1 person), I'm gonna be pissed.  This thread is my JN "Crown Jewel". 

DON'T TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME PEOPLE.

Mogglez I hear you man and out of respect for you and others I am ****officially**** ignoring him so not worth the time and effort with him. 

He throws insults at everyone and expects us to sit back and let him talk smack like that. 

Please accept my apology. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, SAR I said:

What kind of summer home costs $508 a month?  Sounds like a timeshare condo you rent two weeks a year amirite?

My summer home in Maine cost me in excess of $390,000 in the last 10 years and I still came up with the money for Jets season tickets.  Again, some of us are diehard and some of us aren't.

SAR 

Actually no. It's not a timeshare condo. It's actually a home, and when you put 200,000 dollars down on a home, you can get a very very very nice home for 508 dollars a month. 

Youre not the only person with a lot of money on this board. 

And by the way, my family has had season tickets since the jets went to the meadowlands. Including MetLife.

And my Audi is nicer than a BMW.

Sounds like you're just jealous that you never got a chance to see the Frisbee Dogs at halftime back in the day. And MetLife sucks compared to the old meadowlands, based purely on the Frisbee Dogs halftime show.

Don't judge people on how they spend their money. There will ALWAYS be someone with more, that can and will judge you. 

/here endeth the lesson

P.S. you're on my ignore list, don't even bother responding as I won't see it

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Screenshot_20190323-112101-01.thumb.jpeg.7ff4e9e19b0440264fba447b7f03422c.jpeg

Cool new concept mock up found on Reddit of the black primary.  I like this one.  This was made with what we've heard in mind.

I could live with this as an alternate if they threw a little white in it. 

The good thing is that if the jerseys are not great, they can tweak them the next year to make them better, right? I feel some teams came out with terrible jerseys and worked their way towards more acceptable ones the following years (think of the Jaguars’ dumb helmets a few years ago). 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR 

NBC

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

You can say that about every single NFL Uniform.

I mean come on, you're not telling me that if I post a picture of any NFL Uniform, that you (or anyone here) will go "huh, no idea what team that is, wow!"

Seriously, come on.

A point without any value or meaning.  

I've had a dust bunny in the corner of my office for like 2 years.  It too is "completely well established" as part of the "office look".

Listen, if other fans choose to lament it's (now 2nd) passing, they're entitled.

Few outside Jets Fan land will notice or care about it going away.  And lets be clear, what we wear in 2018 isn't the exact same as what we wore in 1969 either, it's similar, no more, inspired by, etc.  The "never change the 1969 uniforms" idea died in the 70's. 

Just saying you posted the definition of iconic and I'm saying the uniform we wear is well established.  Namath and the look is what anyone thinks about as "Jets".  I don't dislike the second jersey, just when I think of the NY Jets my mind sees Namath. Maynard, Snell, Boozer etc.  

i agree no one outside of NY cares, just as I could care less about what the Browns, Bengals or whoever wear.  

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

+1

As people who actually attend games you and I know that there aren't a lot of enemy fans in the building at all, they just show them on TV a lot.  Same for Jets fans at road games, by the way.  Last year at Detroit you would have thought that 50% of the fans were in green and white the way ESPN catered to the big NY audience.

And unlike Detroit, Manhattan is a Top 10 tourist destination in the world and we had podunk fans from Indiana, Colorado, Minnesota, and Wisconsin planning their annual family hillbilly vacations around a trip to see the Statue Of Liberty and a Colts/Broncos/Vikings/Packers road game.  It's how it is in the NFL in the Stubhub era with a roaring economy and cheap flights.

SAR I

Also, no one has mentioned it yet, has to do with how the team is playing.  During Rex's first 2 seasons for example, Jet tickets were in demand by Jet fans and weren't on the market like they are in the middle of 3 seasons of 5 win talent.  Those seasons you saw a hell of a lot fewer opposing teams fans at home games than when the team sucks.  

• Upvote 1

Any news on what # Le'Veon Bell will wear? 

Jets sign Le’Veon Bell: When, where, how to buy his new jersey

Updated Mar 13, 2019; Posted Mar 13, 2019
FILE - In this Sunday, Jan. 14, 2018 file photo, Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell carries the ball against the Jacksonville Jaguars during the second half of an NFL divisional football AFC playoff game in Pittsburgh. Defense is the area with the most depth in this year's free agency class, Monday, March 11, 2019. (AP Photo/Don Wright, File)

AP

FILE - In this Sunday, Jan. 14, 2018 file photo, Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell carries the ball against the Jacksonville Jaguars during the second half of an NFL divisional football AFC playoff game in Pittsburgh. Defense is the area with the most depth in this year's free agency class, Monday, March 11, 2019. (AP Photo/Don Wright, File)

Comment

0shares

By Brian Fonseca | For NJ Advance Media

The New York Jets signed free-agent running back Le’Veon Bell early Wednesday morning, giving the former Pittsburgh Steeler a four-year contract worth $52.5 million, including $35 million guaranteed.

His jersey is not yet on sale, but when it goes up on the shelves, here are the places to buy one for yourself.

Buy a Le’Veon Bell jersey and other New York Jets gear at Fanatics.com, NFL Shop, Lids, Champs Sports, Dick's Sporting Goods.

As a reminder, the Jets are releasing a uniform update for the 2019 season and beyond on April 4. So if you want a Le’Veon Bell jersey in the current style, hop on the above links and get them while they’re around.

Teams cannot officially sign free agents until the new NFL league yearbegins at 4 p.m. eastern time on Wednesday.

false

Bell wore the 26 jersey at his time in Pittsburgh. For those who want to buy the relic before its gone, you’re in luck — Le’Veon Bell Steelers’jerseys are on clearance. If you own a Le’Veon Bell Steelers jersey, you can exchange it here.

If Bell wants to keep the 26 jersey with the Jets, he’ll have to give a call and make an arrangement with safety Marcus Maye, who currently wears that number for Gang Green.

Bell wore the 24 jersey in his three years in college with Michigan State, but don’t expect that to happen with the Jets. Cornerback Darrelle Revis wore 24 in his time in New York. While the number has yet to be retired, it has not been used since he last played with the Jets in the 2016 season, and it probably won’t be used anytime soon.

false

The highest profile free agent on the market this offseason, Bell infuses excitement into a lackluster Jets offense, so expect to see his name across a lot of jerseys at MetLife Stadium for the next four years.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

No.  And it's not about the money either.

What I am saying is that a) those who attend 6+ games a year at 8 hours a pop are bigger/better fans than those who b) won't even spend $25 to see the Darnold Jets vs. the Vikings on a gorgeous October Sunday after a two-game winning streak against the Colts and Broncos.

No Jets fan can consider themselves "hardcore" and not make a single effort or two a season to see the team play at this ridiculous prices. 

SAR I

Still a ridiculous point.  What if there's a teenager who lives and dies with the team but whose family doesn't have the means for them to go?  Again, I'm not saying that you're not a hardcore Jet fan.  If you expend that much time/effort/money into being at games then clearly you care a lot.