Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

IMG-1168.gif

The German Logo is about the same amount of difference for the Jets as the new Dolphins logo was for Miami.   If someone wasn't aware of the Dolphins update and simply saw the logo on the right they would immediately know "Miami Dolphins".  Mammal, sun, teal.  For the us, it's J-E-T-S, oval, football, green.

The idea is to update/refresh a known brand. Not throw it completely away. 

SAR I

Personally I'd rather see them use a refresh of the 80's logo. I liked those uniforms and logo a lot better

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

They arent leaks

New Era as a licensed provider can make up caps for the draft.  Doesnt have to be the actual logo or colors the team is wearing.  

Yes, the NFL is going to allow New Era to make a fake logo that will be in all photos of whichever player the Jets select at 3 overall.

What is happening.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, SAR I said:

IMG-1168.gif

The German Logo is about the same amount of difference for the Jets as the new Dolphins logo was for Miami.   If someone wasn't aware of the Dolphins update and simply saw the logo on the right they would immediately know "Miami Dolphins".  Mammal, sun, teal.  For the us, it's J-E-T-S, oval, football, green.

SAR I

And like the Dolphins, it's a weaker version of a classic logo. 

• Upvote 2

We are like 2 days away but everyone needs to calm down about the logo. Common sense implies:

1) The updated circle logo was made by Nike as part of the uniform refresh. We know this because it was on the cover of the branding sheets from One Jets Drive. 

2) Just because they refreshed this logo doesn't mean that it is going to be the primary one used moving forward. According to the leaker on Reddit (who has thus far correctly predicted both the opening game and the draft day hats), the helmets will feature "NY" on it in a bold font. We shall see if this is true as well. 

3) All you people who are ringing your hands about change just for the sake of change, you all are acting like we just moved back to our current jerseys 5 years ago. The Jets made the switch to our current "retro" jerseys in 1998! I know that seems like yesterday to some but that was over 20 years ago! Name one organization/company, that hasn't been the most successful brand in their industry, that hasn't redone their logo in the last 20 years? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

We are like 2 days away but everyone needs to calm down about the logo. Common sense implies:

1) The updated circle logo was made by Nike as part of the uniform refresh. We know this because it was on the cover of the branding sheets from One Jets Drive. 

2) Just because they refreshed this logo doesn't mean that it is going to be the primary one used moving forward. According to the leaker on Reddit (who has thus far correctly predicted both the opening game and the draft day hats), the helmets will feature "NY" on it in a bold font. We shall see if this is true as well. 

3) All you people who are ringing your hands about change just for the sake of change, you all are acting like we just moved back to our current jerseys 5 years ago. The Jets made the switch to our current "retro" jerseys in 1998! I know that seems like yesterday to some but that was over 20 years ago! Name one organization/company, that hasn't been the most successful brand in their industry, that hasn't redone their logo in the last 20 years? 

That effing thing is hideous! 

• Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, SAR I said:

IMG-1168.gif

SAR I

This comparison is inaccurate.  The Dolphins reimagined the old logo.  The redesign is modern and fresh while still reminiscent of the classic imagery.

The Jets draft cap logo is a minor tweak to the old helmet decal.  It isn't as much a logo as it's a font. The same font.

45 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

always wanted to put some flame out the back and football shaped bombs on your avatar, love your avatar though.

Hah thanks!

Anytime I hear football bomb I think of this thing. These were great.

image.jpeg.23cef8ce5e936e4aadc19e182bc43437.jpeg

2 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

That effing thing is hideous! 

Aside from the nostalgia factor I can't see how anyone would prefer the old logo. From a design standpoint it's hideous. The football, the Jets wording and the NY is all on top of each other. There are two different fonts used right next to each other. It's a garbled mess. The new version at least gets the fonts to match and makes it more readable. I don't know if I'm a fan of the football being included and cutting into the bottom of Jets but I assume they did that to provide  depth to the oval, like the football is closer to the reader than the wording. @Greensleeves help me out here. 

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, JetFreak89 said:

Aside from the nostalgia factor I can't see how anyone would prefer the old logo. From a design standpoint it's hideous. The football, the Jets wording and the NY is all on top of each other. There are two different fonts used right next to each other. It's a garbled mess. The new version at least gets the fonts to match and makes it more readable. I don't know if I'm a fan of the football being included and cutting into the bottom of Jets but I assume they did that to provide  depth to the oval, like the football is closer to the reader than the wording. @Greensleeves help me out here. 

It went from bad to worse!

What IF....geeze like 53 hours left... authorized suppliers received all the draft caps including the new Jets ones.  They cannot show the Jets one because of the NDA but were given the place holder cap just to ensure all teams are represented.

2 minutes ago, prime21 said:

What IF....geeze like 53 hours left... authorized suppliers received all the draft caps including the new Jets ones.  They cannot show the Jets one because of the NDA but were given the place holder cap just to ensure all teams are represented.

Best case scenario! 

Aside from the nostalgia factor I can't see how anyone would prefer the old logo. From a design standpoint it's hideous. The football, the Jets wording and the NY is all on top of each other. There are two different fonts used right next to each other. It's a garbled mess. The new version at least gets the fonts to match and makes it more readable. I don't know if I'm a fan of the football being included and cutting into the bottom of Jets but I assume they did that to provide  depth to the oval, like the football is closer to the reader than the wording. [mention=32182]Greensleeves[/mention] help me out here. 

Kind of a silly batch of comments. It’s reminiscent of the old Yankees symbol
Of having the N and the Y on top of each other. Good enough for the Mets to copy it too. Same era and very classic.

I get people preferring something new but to say that this one is a mess is just Not accurate. Not liking it is one thing but the symbolism has stood the test of time.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

But they do.

Don't think when I say that I mean there are X amount of hats coming off some type of production line this morning as we speak, seen by every employee they have in Buffalo NY.

The family member I spoke of who works there isn't a laborer. He is head of the team there that works with another of the major sports leagues and its affiliates. He hasn't seen (or at least that's what he tells me) anything, but the people who run the NFL division have seen it. Color dyes, and combinations, especially ones not used in other product must be made ready. New logo designs need to be on hand in order to be incorporated in the '19 season designs also.

As an official NFL licensee they have to abide by any NDA the league, and team required them to agree to. As a official NFL licensee (just as Nike is) which specializes in headwear only they are not in direct competition here with Nike, rather they are pseudo partners under the NFL Apparel umbrella. As you can imagine it's a lucrative contract, and one that they make sure is complied with. 

I can see where some have seen it but I dont think anyone is making product, allowing the workers, manufacturers to see it tough. 

They have to honor the NDA and probably would.  Laborers are a different story

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Yes, the NFL is going to allow New Era to make a fake logo that will be in all photos of whichever player the Jets select at 3 overall.

What is happening.

Yes they will

After everything has been shown and allowed.  Then they can put it out in photos etc.  

New Era isnt showing the new logo on Monday night with the official uniform and logo launch scheduled for Thursday night,

No matter how many time you keep saying it.  Whatever rehash of our old logo was shown the other night thats all it is, its not the new logo and colors.

6 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Of having the N and the Y on top of each other. Good enough for the Mets to copy it too. Same era and very classic.

I get people preferring something new but to say that this one is a mess is just Not accurate. Not liking it is one thing but the symbolism has stood the test of time.

You misunderstood my point...I'm not saying the N and Y are on top of each other, I'm saying the word "Jets" is on top of the NY. It would be like the Yankees and Mets writing Yankees in front of the NY...doesn't make any sense and would ruin the interlocking NY.

Took separately, the "NY" is fine, the "Jets" is fine and the football I'm kind of meh about but it's fine....but the way they designed all of those elements together violates all kinds of design rules. 

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yes they will

After everything has been shown and allowed.  Then they can put it out in photos etc.  

New Era isnt showing the new logo on Monday night with the official uniform and logo launch scheduled for Thursday night,

No matter how many time you keep saying it.  Whatever rehash of our old logo was shown the other night thats all it is, its not the new logo and colors.

Buttfumble  yourself lol...

11 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

The Mets copied their logo from the Giants, not the Yanks. Giants logo and Giants orange mixed with Dodger blue, with the accents on the letters tacked on as an homage to the B. All done to make sure the forces of good knew they had someone to root for. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The Mets copied their logo from the Giants, not the Yanks. Giants logo and Giants orange mixed with Dodger blue, with the accents on the letters tacked on as an homage to the B. All done to make sure the forces of good knew they had someone to root for. 

Hahahahahaha.... forces of good. 

Image result for that's because good is dumb

• Upvote 1