Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

3 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Can't be the new logo.  Can't be...

Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 6.18.53 PM.png

That's ******* awful. Seriously. It looks like something you find in a sh*tty bodega selling off-brand merch. It looks almost like someone bought a random hat and sewed on an irregular, bootleg patch.

If that's real, what a joke. This better be some April Fools Day sh*t. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I've mentioned a few times I have a family member who works for an NFL apparel company. I told you it wasn't Nike. Well it's New Era.

I asked him to look at the cap shown here, and he told me he didn't have to. Even though he won't say if he's seen the new logo, colors, etc, he said the Draft Day hat was designed months ago and has nothing to do with what is coming out Thursday.

Thanks for the heads-up!

26 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

This would be awesome. I would love the skyline in the helmet somehow. Even that fake bland logo from the German dudes plus this would be a win

It shall forever be known as “The German Logo”. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Connecting a few dots based on tonight's cap leak:

1.  The Draft Day Cap matches the jersey that the draft picks are given.  There is no way that the Jets would provide a cap in that specific shade of green to a player who is holding a new Jets jersey in a very different type of green.

2.  The Jets are the only team whose cap crown is divided into 3 equal colors-  black being just as dominant as white and green.  So it stands to reason that black will be a color on all versions of the Jets new uniforms, not just the "black edition" we have heard about.

3.  There is no grey or silver on the hat, so it likely means there is no grey or silver on the uniforms either.

4.  Regarding the logo, the Tweet about "underwhelming" by those who have seen the uniform.  If the new duds are merely an iteration that is modernized, then the classic 60's logo tweaked slightly without the NY, with a different oval, and a slightly changed font dominance is consistent with that.

5.  Regarding the shade of green, the Tweet about "looks like the Eagles uniforms".  That sort of green with a lot of black in it looks almost identical to Eagles green.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 1

54 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I've mentioned a few times I have a family member who works for an NFL apparel company. I told you it wasn't Nike. Well it's New Era.

I asked him to look at the cap shown here, and he told me he didn't have to. Even though he won't say if he's seen the new logo, colors, etc, he said the Draft Day hat was designed months ago and has nothing to do with what is coming out Thursday.

Thank goodness!

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Connecting a few dots based on tonight's cap leak:

1.  The Draft Day Cap matches the jersey that the draft picks are given.  There is no way that the Jets would provide a cap in that specific shade of green to a player who is holding a new Jets jersey in a very different type of green.

2.  The Jets are the only team whose cap crown is divided into 3 equal colors-  black being just as dominant as white and green.  So it stands to reason that black will be a color on all versions of the Jets new uniforms, not just the "black edition" we have heard about.

3.  There is no grey or silver on the hat, so it likely means there is no grey or silver on the uniforms either.

4.  Regarding the logo, the Tweet about "underwhelming" by those who have seen the uniform.  If the new duds are merely an iteration that is modernized, then the classic 60's logo tweaked slightly without the NY, with a different oval, and a slightly changed font dominance is consistent with that.

5.  Regarding the shade of green, the Tweet about "looks like the Eagles uniforms".  That sort of green with a lot of black in it looks almost identical to Eagles green.

SAR I

Break your crayons!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Just keep butt cracks from showing, and I'll be happy.

Do most fans (over age 12) REALLY care about the logo, shade of color, or how many stripes are on the uniforms?

Yes we do many of us buy merchandise, wear merchandise and include it in our home/man cave decor. 

The last thing I want is for the NY Jets to look like the NY Bozos. 

COME ON MAN

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

11 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Do most fans (over age 12) REALLY care about the logo, shade of color, or how many stripes are on the uniforms?

IT'S THE PRINCIPLE OF THE THING, LINDA

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes we do many of us buy merchandise, wear merchandise and include it in our home/man cave decor. 

The last thing I want is for the NY Jets to look like the NY Bozos. 

COME ON MAN

I mean, sure.  All fans have some gear and you don't want it to look horrible.

But out of 32 teams, only one looks like crap (NE of course).

What are the odds a NY team ends up with some horrible design?

It'll be just enough of a redesign to force many into buying new gear.

With that said, I could definitely understand long threads about the Flight Crew uniforms.

17 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

titansofny.jpg

If you're a fan of the Rangers and Yankees, yes, you are used to tasteful uniforms with a rich tradition that symbolize your team.

The Blueshirts.  The Pinstripes.  The Prediction.

Now, as a fan of these three teams I am very excited to see one of them finally take on the challenge of creating a world-class modern primary uniform.  Something I have never witnessed in all my years of fandom.  But taking that chance means we are also taking quite a risk and I think I speak for all of us when I say that taking a step backwards is unacceptable.  Our scrappy startup AFL duds were among the best in the NFL.  I will miss them.  What takes their place had damn well better be outstanding.

SAR I

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

titansofny.jpg

If you're a fan of the Rangers and Yankees, yes, you are used to tasteful uniforms with a rich tradition that symbolize your team.

The Blueshirts.  The Pinstripes.  The Prediction.

Now, as a fan of these three teams I am very excited to see one of them finally take on the challenge of creating a world-class modern primary uniform.  Something I have never witnessed in all my years of fandom.  But taking that chance means we are also taking quite a risk and I think I speak for all of us when I say that taking a step backwards is unacceptable.  Our scrappy startup AFL duds were among the best in the NFL.  I will miss them.  What takes their place had damn well better be outstanding.

SAR I

Alright.  I figured it was just more about this being the boring offseason, and that's why this thread is so long.

I personally won't care much about the uniforms though.  Like I noticed the Thurs night unis for a couple minutes the first time I saw them play in 'em, but eventually the uniforms don't matter.  The novelty wears off pretty quickly.

Whether they end up with the best design ever of any franchise, or if they look worse than the Pats...   won't affect my interest in the team one bit.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

On page 146 and you ask if people care ? Some of us actually design for a living and our life is about logo design, color studies and branding.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, teptep said:

This appears to be the modified version of the logo that appeared on the Kelly Green covers of the brand identity manual at the Nike meeting chronicled on One Jets Drive.  A few weeks back, this modification was discussed on this thread. I hope that, if anything, this is the secondary logo and it does not appear on the helmet. I really don't like it. I'm still hoping for some incarnation of the 80's concorde jet to make an appearance on the helmet, and I think that is possible as the triangle (wedge shape) that has appeared on the promo video may be a callback to that form.  

Holy shlt, its the old logo with the NY taken out and the words New York added above.  

Cant believe how many are dissecting this, LOL

55 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

YAS - I do

Its quite literally symbolic.

like I expect the Jets I’ve grown up with to f this up.  But if they actually do something cool, that gets people talking, it could change the whole vibe, a fresh start that we’ve all been hoping for w the fiat FQB in the 21st century 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

On page 146 and you ask if people care ? Some of us actually design for a living and our life is about logo design, color studies and branding.

The logo on your avatar is better than this "revised" version.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1