Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

1 hour ago, JetFreak89 said:

Congrats @joewilly12 , you made it to a Manish column! 

I like the current uniforms. 

Bigger disappointment: Jets free agency results or the new uniforms? — Tyson Rauch‏ @TRauch21 

I get the distinct impression that some segment of the fan base will be disappointed in the new uniforms regardless of what they look like.

4 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

If they start off 5-0 they could wear clown suits or tutu's and nobody will care.

Such a JETS fan...lol

How about they go 5-0 AND have cool new uniforms?

Why do you refuse to accept they can have both?? ?

According to Michael Salfino, the uniforms were described to him and the closest thing he could find to describe it was this concept:

IMG_20190215_072736.thumb.jpg.8b1c63ffecd8f954556f40a3bd795dc5.jpg

Obviously this is not the uniform and he said that there will be some differences between this concept and the final product (the fade on the side), however he was adamant about two things: "JETS" will be appear in the top middle part of the uniforms and there will be a black alternative.

Once again, I've edited the original picture to match the colors that we appear to be getting and to remove the fade near the numbers:

IMG_20190215_072736-01-02-01-01.thumb.jpeg.92a8823753b1f5a17b9b589be1590e1c.jpeg

I'd love something like this.

• Upvote 2

On 2/13/2019 at 3:44 PM, johnnysd said:

My odds:

25% chance the logo is completely new and very bold

75% chance the logo is a combination and reinvention of the 80s logo and the 60s logos

100% chance the primary color is light green something like kelly or lime or the color rush color

80% chance that the secondary color is a blueish grey

60& chance blue is used in some variants

80% chance there is a primarily black jersey

90% chance the white jersey uses the grey

100% chance there are white pants (likely with grey)

100% chance there is a green oriented pant but likely not purely green

50% chance there is a black pants option

50% chance there is a wild combination that combines green, grey, white, blue and gold 

I think the logo gets completely revamped. Some sad hybrid of the 60s and 80s logos would disappoint nearly everyone. 

I think the QB practice jerseys tell us a lot. A black jersey is likely, the green a little brighter but nowhere near lime green. 

Blueish grey? If you mean like gunmetal, I could see that, especially on the helmet. 

0% chance of blue being added, IMHO. Black and/or grey most likely will be, though. 

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

According to Michael Salfino, the uniforms were described to him and the closest thing he could find to describe it was this concept:

Obviously this is not the uniform and he said that there will be some differences between this concept and the final product (the fade on the side), however he was adamant about two things: "JETS" will be appear in the top middle part of the uniforms and there will be a black alternative.

Once again, I've edited the original picture to match the colors that we appear to be getting and to remove the fade near the numbers:

IMG_20190215_072736-01-02-01-01.thumb.jpeg.92a8823753b1f5a17b9b589be1590e1c.jpeg

I'd love this.

Those are nice.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I'd love this.

I wouldn't exactly call this a radical change from what they already have.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, jetsons said:

That looks like basically what they have now... I Highly Doubt it will look Anything like that.

I disagree. Well halfway disagree. Yes it is very similar and that is a good thing. I would be mortified if it looked like anything close to other POS rendering on this page. This is the direction NIKE is going with all the uniforms. The font of he names and numbers coupled with the team name on the jersey.

I'd love this.

This would be great!  Sign me up!

Just now, Gibby said:

I disagree. Well halfway disagree. Yes it is very similar and that is a good thing. I would be mortified if it looked like anything close to other POS rendering on this page. This is the direction NIKE is going with all the uniforms. The font of he names and numbers coupled with the team name on the jersey.

Still would like to see the helmet from a side view. 

The new logo and design of the uniform is immaterial to me. If we start winning, the uniform will be associated with success. Just look at the Patriots. They went from a classic uniform to a blah to ugly uniform but they are perennial winners and that is what you think of when you see their logo.

Just now, Warfish said:

No one would.  That would be about as minor a change as possible, sh*t, half the fanbase wouldn't even notice.

That would be fine by me. I am on the side of if it isn't broke- don't fix it.  This actually makes sense too- if you look at the direction NIKE is taking their uniforms. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I'd love this.

I would not hate this at all.  In fact, of all the garbage I've seen posted in this thread, this is heads and shoulders above everything.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gibby said:

That is the opposite of what they have stated... 

"We want to be exciting, bold, forward thinking, embracing our fans embracing our players.” "It’s going to be a dramatic change." "Create something new for the Jets. Such a bold change." "I can’t imagine in my lifetime the Jets making a change anything like this." "Wow this is what the modern Jets brand is and it feels right for today."

1 hour ago, Gibby said:

That would be fine by me. I am on the side of if it isn't broke- don't fix it.  This actually makes sense too- if you look at the direction NIKE is taking their uniforms. 

I don't agree with you, they're IMO old, stale and boring....and kinda pathetic, a nostalgia grab from a VERY brief moment 50 years ago.

With that said, the Organization said it will be a big bold dramatic change. 

That is not a big bold dramatic change in any form, so I would not expect that to be the new Uniforms.  Till we see something, all we have is their words.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, jetsons said:

That is the opposite of what they have stated... 

"We want to be exciting, bold, forward thinking, embracing our fans embracing our players.” "It’s going to be a dramatic change." "Create something new for the Jets. Such a bold change." "I can’t imagine in my lifetime the Jets making a change anything like this." "Wow this is what the modern Jets brand is and it feels right for today."

You say "we" that's  you.  We don't have to agree. That's cool bud. I was just stating my opinion- and I've heard yours. I actually do think this concept makes sense looking at the direction NIKE is heading with the latest uniforms- like the Browns.  Its the off-season- and useless threads like this one (now incredibly 88 pages) it what gets us to training camp. 

Just now, Warfish said:

I don't agree with you, they're IMO old, stale and boring....and kinda pathetic, a nostalgia grab from a VERY brief moment 50 years ago.

With that said, the Organization said it will be a big bold dramatic change. 

That is not a big bold dramatic change in any form, so I would not expect that to be the new Uniforms.  Till we see something, all we have is their words.  

All good bro- Time will tell. I am fine the way they are. However- if it winds up going the other way and its a disaster- That will suck worse than sticking with what we have- at least I think. Or if it is not a disaster and they're great. Obviously- everyone wins. 

Just now, Gibby said:

You say "we" that's  you.  We don't have to agree. That's cool bud. I was just stating my opinion- and I've heard yours. I actually do think this concept makes sense looking at the direction NIKE is heading with the latest uniforms- like the Browns.  Its the off-season- and useless threads like this one (now incredibly 88 pages) it what gets us to training camp. 

THAT"S a quote from the Jets Organization... The "we" IS Himself & the rest of the Jets Front Office... that's why that entire statement is in Quotes... it refers to someone else's literal statement. 

Just now, jetsons said:

THAT"S a quote from the Jets Organization... The "we" IS Himself & the rest of the Jets Front Office... that's why that entire statement is in Quotes... it refers to someone else's literal statement. 

Hey- don't let the facts get in the way of a perfectly good debate.? BC I didn't see "his" name attached nor have I read every page of this thread I failed to realize that is what they said. I only know that I heard they were changing- never realized they told us it was going to be so dramatic. For the record...... I really do not think it will be. 

• Haha 1