Brian Baldinger's breakdown of Sam Darnold and Jamal Adams.

1 minute ago, peebag said:

Please stop, Mr. Bluntz.

Nope.

I will not apologize over LSU fans gushing over the thought of Jamal Adams; all because of a few Jet fans having their driven agenda embarrassed with stone cold Football 101 by those LSU alumni. 

Read their Jamal Adams thread. You may learn a thing or two about the Safety position while you're at it...

While also understanding why Mike Maccagnan drafted him 6th overall (those fans know exactly why, too). 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I thought it would be an awesome idea to take 5 minutes out of my day and create an LSU account in order to judge Jamal Adams (An All-Rookie team selection) coming from knowledgeable LSU & SEC fans alike.

Electric cars are an awesome idea. Cleaning up the Pacific Garbage Patch is an awesome idea. Pourover coffee is an awesome idea.

This, this is not an awesome idea.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Jamal Adams was used @ CB 33% of the time as a rookie last year.

And even on his first career interception @ Detroit was lined up as a Nickel back in one on one coverage. 

For anyone (and everyone) who thought or ever felt that this kid was not worth a top 1-3 draft pick let alone a steal at 6th overall? I'm sorry; but you do not know Football. 

I guess I do not know football. 

On his first career interception @ Detroit, he was lined up in the slot.  Do you know who he was covering?  HINT:  He went to Monmouth.

2 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Ill ask again-If he isnt an elite athlete why was he so highly touted?  He was a consensus top 5 pick and everybody was surprised he fell to the Jets. 

I like the player, but not the pick.  I hope ends up Ed Reed/Polamalu, but I do not agree that he was a consensus top 5 pick or that anybody was surprised he fell to us. I would say he was a consensus top 10 pick.  A few people had him going 3 to the Bears, but I think the vast majority had him going 5-6-7.  Still very impressive, but it was no surprise he was there for the Jets.

10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I like Adams and have been defending him since he was drafted, but . . . 

Isn't your post about as relevant as Gator fans gushing over Tim Tebow? 

I have no problem with his post for what that's worth. Some "people" here have just been brutal towards Adams from day 1. My God the kid made the all rookie team.  Since he's on the roster currently it's relevant .

25 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I like Adams and have been defending him since he was drafted, but . . . 

Isn't your post about as relevant as Gator fans gushing over Tim Tebow? 

You could just as easily create the same topic of discussion on an open SEC Football forum and you would then receive the same types of insight from the likes of Alabama and Florida fans with regards to that of Jamal Adams the Football player. 

SEC fans alike know and understand the game of football and have watched some of these SEC animals develop into NFL legends on defense. 

Trust me, SEC fans know and understand defense more than a few of these Jamal Adams pundits ever could. 

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Who the f*ck cares now? The other pick would have been Lattimore who Mike Evans & Fitz made their personal bitch on Sunday! We're rolling out Trumaine Johnson & Morris Clairborne at CB, seriously WHO THE HELL CARES!

Can we ever move on from this VALUE BS! He did sh*t in the running game as a box safety, he did sh*t in coverage, he knocked a Lion trying to block him right on his azz! 

He's one of the Jets BETTER players. LET IT GO.

If you want me to let it go, stop trying to tell me that he is an elite athlete at the safety position.  Maybe I shouldn't be reading a dozen guys screaming "I told you so" because this guy got an interception on a tipped pass in his 17th NFL start.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You could just as easily create the same topic of discussion on an open SEC Football forum and you would then receive the same types of insight from the likes of Alabama and Florida fans with regards to that of Jamal Adams the Football player. 

SEC fans alike know and understand the game of football and have watched some of these SEC animals develop into NFL legends on defense. 

Trust me, SEC fans know and understand defense more than a few of these Jamal Adams pundits ever could. 

Sec fans know as much as anyone else about football....they’re no more knowledgeable than anyone else.  They think only their players are the best, and they screech it louder than anyone else.

Pro Football HOF players out of the BIG-10, USC and Notre Dame dominate the top schools with the most players in the Hall.

one thing we’re all alike is that we’re all homers.  Dominance in college has zero to do with the pros.  

50 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

What are you talking about in regards to "one game"?

The kid as only a rookie started all 16 games and recorded 82 tackles, 6 passes defended, 2.0 sacks, 2 fumble recoveries and 1 forced fumble. 

While also being selected to the NFL's All-Rookie team. 

Finished top 5 in votes for Defensive Rookie of the Year and also finished top 10 in votes for overall Rookie of the Year award honors. 

P.S: There were 256 played drafted and Jamal Adams ranked 9th in overall Rookie of the Year votes and received more votes than that of 99.6% of player's drafted.

Anyone who feels that Jamal Adams wasn't worthy of a top 1-3 draft selection and especially as a 6th overall steal does not know Football. 

Lol wut. 

The only player who received more votes that 99.6% of the players drafted is the guy who won. I've never even seen these lists (link?), but if he was 9th than he'd be be more than about 96% of drafted players. Which means roughly 0% in regards to the ultimate outcome of this debate.

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

What would SEC fans say about Johnny Manziel and how did that translate to NFL domination?

Anyone notice on Darron Lee's pick-6 how Jamal Adams was in coverage as a deep Safety in two man under?

Or how Jamal Adams was lined up @ nickel back during his INT in one on one coverage? 

"Box Safety" my ass. 

However when it comes down to playing aggressive at the line of scrimmage and causing havoc against the run... There aren't many NFL Safety's who can do it better than #33. 

He's a complete Football player who can run, tackles and hits hard, can cover in pass coverage, can line up at CB/LB and can blitz the QB or smell out the run.

Just an All-Around future All-Pro Safety who's game is full of rare like versatility.

• Thumb Down 1

The Chicago Bears really dropped the ball while passing on Jamal Adams at #2 overall in favor of a future bust in Mitch Trubisky.

San Francisco with an epic failure while passing on Jamal Adams and drafting Solomon Thomas 3rd overall. 

And Tennessee should be absolutely ashamed of themselves for passing on Jamal Adams 5th overall in favor of a mediocre receiver in Corey Davis. 

Myles Garrett, Leonard Fournette and Jamal Adams were the top 3 players heading into last years draft and NYJ received an absolute steal of Jamal Adams @ 6th overall. 

Is it possible that Adams left a lot to be desired in coverage ability after his rookie campaign and people didn’t like the pick based on value(GM blame here) and still root for him? Is it possible that Adams is getting better(as he should) and on his way to a complete year? Is it possible this was a 1 game fluke?

Any of these are possible and the “I told ya so” after 1 game is just as bad as the people who had an agenda against Adams. Most of the “anti” Adams crowd didn’t like the combination of not being good in coverage last year and him having a big mouth. They also gave him credit for how he was the best SS in run support and could blitz and do other things well but valued coverage ability over these skills. 

What Is wrong with criticizing him? That doesn’t mean people don’t want him to be a star and do well. This is a completely ridiculous way to react after 1 game and to keep stirring the pot. Both sides agree on a lot and have a lot of common ground but there are some people on both sides that come off as complete mental midgets with the inability to have a respectful conversation about this team. We all root for the same damn team and want the same thing. I’d like to think we(fans) are better than this but I know it’s wishful thinking. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

55 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

If you want me to let it go, stop trying to tell me that he is an elite athlete at the safety position.  Maybe I shouldn't be reading a dozen guys screaming "I told you so" because this guy got an interception on a tipped pass in his 17th NFL start.  

You seem to be unaware and absolutely clueless that Jamal Adams as a Freshman with LSU recorded 0 INT's followed by 4 interceptions the following season as a Sophomore. 

P.S: He recorded 82 tackles, 6 passes defended, 2.0 sacks, 2 fumble recoveries, 1 forced fumble and an All-Rookie team selection and voted top 10 for overall Rookie of the Year award honors despite "0 INT's" and now coming off a monster performance during his 1st game as only a 2nd year Player. 

The joke is on you. 

16 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

The Chicago Bears really dropped the ball while passing on Jamal Adams at #2 overall in favor of a future bust in Mitch Trubisky.

San Francisco with an epic failure while passing on Jamal Adams and drafting Solomon Thomas 3rd overall. 

And Tennessee should be absolutely ashamed of themselves for passing on Jamal Adams 5th overall in favor of a mediocre receiver in Corey Davis. 

Myles Garrett, Leonard Fournette and Jamal Adams were the top 3 players heading into last years draft and NYJ received an absolute steal of Jamal Adams @ 6th overall. 

Take a valium dude!

6 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You seem to be unaware and absolutely clueless that Jamal Adams as a Freshman with LSU recorded 0 INT's followed by 4 interceptions the following season as a Sophomore. 

P.S: He recorded 82 tackles, 6 passes defended, 2.0 sacks, 2 fumble recoveries, 1 forced fumble and an All-Rookie team selection and voted top 10 for overall Rookie of the Year award honors despite "0 INT's" and now coming off a monster performance during his 1st game as only a 2nd year Player. 

The joke is on you. 

Adams isn’t elite when it comes to athleticism, he just isn’t, but that’s ok he’s more than athletic enough to be a complete safety in this league. 

Derwin James posses elite athleticism, but isn’t as good at playing the safety position as Adams.  

• Upvote 1

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/from-an-ny-jets-fan-as-lsu-alumni-your-overall-thoughts-on-jamal-adams/78699133/

These guys are absolutely raving about Jamal Adams while gushing about him as both a football player and on field leader. Some are considering him the greatest LSU Safety of All-Time while others are taking up his athleticism and athletic capabilities. One of the greatest LSU leaders in many of years as well. 

Joke is on you guys. 

2 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I like your points that Mac said about drafting OLBs like Pittsburgh and developmental mid-round O-line prospects. That’s great and all but....

My issue with his philosophy, and I hate to sound like a broken record, is that he uses premium draft picks to fill positions that can be filled via FA and affordable too. I completely disagree with that use of resources.

Also, 1st round picks are pretty much thought to be starters so if you are drafting someone knowing that they will be a starter, it makes sense to take advantage of an affordable rookie deal and a chance at hitting gold at a premium position and type of player that would never hit FA. Non-impact players like safety, MLB, D-line in a 3-4, can always be found or signed without using a valuable draft pick.

I do not care how well Adams/Lee/Williams turn out(I’m hard rooting for all 3) because that’s not the point. My issue is with the philosophy of drafting non impact positions with premium picks. It just doesn’t make sense to me at all. 

Mac has drafted 4 first rounders- Williams, Lee, Adams, and Darnold.  They are all solid starters and ascending players.  I’ll give you that 3/4 were top ten picks, but if you were to check his results against other GMs I’d bet that most have a first rd pick or two that didn’t work out in the same time frame.  Maybe they ended up being mediocre.  Maybe they were injury prone, bad attitude, stupid or lazy.   Having a first rd flop is a killer.  It happens to every team but it hasn’t happened to Mac yet.  By going bpa and not reaching his first rd picks work.   I think later in the draft he is more likely to gamble or go for need.   This year all his picks seem to be keepers and contributors.  Our 6th rd cb made some plays on Monday!  And his trades for guys like Marshall and Anderson have worked too.   His early drafts were shaky but I think he is rocking it now

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Adams isn’t elite when it comes to athleticism, he just isn’t, but that’s ok he’s more than athletic enough to be a complete safety in this league. 

Derwin James posses elite athleticism, but isn’t as good at playing the safety position as Adams.  

we'll see. I'd rather have James than Adams. different kinds of safeties too. That said, I'm embracing Adams' development. 

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Anyone notice on Darron Lee's pick-6 how Jamal Adams was in coverage as a deep Safety in two man under?

Or how Jamal Adams was lined up @ nickel back during his INT in one on one coverage? 

"Box Safety" my ass. 

However when it comes down to playing aggressive at the line of scrimmage and causing havoc against the run... There aren't many NFL Safety's who can do it better than #33. 

He's a complete Football player who can run, tackles and hits hard, can cover in pass coverage, can line up at CB/LB and can blitz the QB or smell out the run.

Just an All-Around future All-Pro Safety who's game 

Hyperbole to the nth degree!

Synonyms for hyperbole

noun exaggeration
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

The joke is on you. 

You are the joke, and no, you are not on me. 

I didn't ask what he did in college.  I didn't ask what he did as a rookie.  I didn't ask about his 17th start.  I asked if you knew who he was covering "one on one" while playing "nickel back."  That post took a lot of characters when a simple "no" would have sufficed.

50 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Is it possible that Adams left a lot to be desired in coverage ability after his rookie campaign and people didn’t like the pick based on value(GM blame here) and still root for him? Is it possible that Adams is getting better(as he should) and on his way to a complete year? Is it possible this was a 1 game fluke?

Any of these are possible and the “I told ya so” after 1 game is just as bad as the people who had an agenda against Adams. Most of the “anti” Adams crowd didn’t like the combination of not being good in coverage last year and him having a big mouth. They also gave him credit for how he was the best SS in run support and could blitz and do other things well but valued coverage ability over these skills. 

What Is wrong with criticizing him? That doesn’t mean people don’t want him to be a star and do well. This is a completely ridiculous way to react after 1 game and to keep stirring the pot. Both sides agree on a lot and have a lot of common ground but there are some people on both sides that come off as complete mental midgets with the inability to have a respectful conversation about this team. We all root for the same damn team and want the same thing. I’d like to think we(fans) are better than this but I know it’s wishful thinking. 

I have to say that DWC butt fumbling this is pretty funny.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1