Jets Have Decision to Make With ArDarius Stewart due to Return

JetNation

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Personally I think Burris is the first to go ... we have newer guys who have shown more so far than what he has contributed, his being inactive last week shows to me he's not part of the plan moving forward.

I think he gets cut when Rashard Robinson is back from suspension after the 4th game.  Robinson had a very good preseason.

if it was up to me it would be Tomlinson. it feels obvious they are telegraphing run when he's on the field and he's not THAT great of a blocker in run or pass to justify the loss of stealth. Maybe he's great on ST or whatever but the dude might actually be holding back the offense. He's a poor man's Lee Smith. 

On 9/18/2018 at 1:46 PM, ChuckkieB said:

We have 4 tight ends.  None of them are very good (so far).  A few of them stink.  This is stupid.  

I get where you are coming from, but... Sterling has been listed at WR at times.  He is also out with a concussion since week 1.  That may keep the other 3 safe.  Even if they do stink.

25 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Personally I think Burris is the first to go ... we have newer guys who have shown more so far than what he has contributed, his being inactive last week shows to me he's not part of the plan moving forward.

I am not much of a Burris fan, but didn't he look pretty good this preseason also?  

15 minutes ago, bitonti said:

if it was up to me it would be Tomlinson. it feels obvious they are telegraphing run when he's on the field and he's not THAT great of a blocker in run or pass to justify the loss of stealth. Maybe he's great on ST or whatever but the dude might actually be holding back the offense. He's a poor man's Lee Smith. 

Another point I kind of agree with.  To play devil's advocate, Tomlinson may not be that great a blocker, but are the others really any better as receivers?  

On 9/18/2018 at 7:29 AM, Larz said:

It would be a surprise to see Peake cut or luvu imho. 

Burris or Leggett maybe? 

Probably just easier to waive Stewart

Agreed.   Peake has at least some use on special teams.

If the Jets cut Luvu for Stewart... all  responsible parties should be immediately committed for psychiatric evaluations.

Luvu has shown signs of making an impact as a situational pass rusher. 

Stewart has shown signs of not running good routes, JAG athleticism, and otherwise nothing that would make his ceiling any higher than a #5 WR.

1 minute ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Ardarius is one of my all time favorite Bama players, but this was 100% the correct decision

Maybe he'll find a spot on a Practice Squad here or elsewhere

Absolutely the correct decision. He's not better than Enunwa, Anderson, Kearse or Pryor and he's not a special teams asset like Roberts and Peake.

He might come back on the PS - as long as it's not at the expense of Deontay Burnett, who I like better.

9 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

And there we go. Complete WR washout in last year's draft with the Stewart and Hansen picks.

Add in Leggett and they still combined for 15 catches and 176 yards in 18 games total for the 3. To put that in perspective, Jace Amaro had 35 catches for 345 and 2 TDs as a Jet.  Clyde Gates had 28 for 346, as a Jet.  An Idzikian performance.  Particularly when you consider that he only had to top Devin Smith and Charone Peake. 

11 minutes ago, Lith said:

So with that, we have now waived 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks from last year.  Plus the 2nd from the year before.

Is it three years you have to wait to judge a draft class?

2015:Williams is all that is left.

2016: Only Hackenberg is gone.  Lee, Jenkins, and Shell start.  Peake and Edwards play specials. 

2017: Adams and Maye start. McGuire and Donahue have been in the rotation.  Stewart, Hansen and Clark (practice squad) cut. 

Via Mehta:

The Jets had no intention of playing Stewart in games this season barring an injury to another receiver, according to sources.

In fact, he would have been cut during the team’s final cuts before the regular season if not for his suspension, which essentially bought the Jets time to make sure none of the wideouts on the roster suffered an injury in the first two games.

Stewart had six receptions for 82 yards and seven rushes for 27 yards in 15 games as a rookie.

Saaaaa-WIINNNNGGG and a miss Mac. two WR's with relatively high draft picks down the sh*tter... A gadget player that wasn't great at gadget plays and a possession receiver that never stood out... disappointing.

The dude is lucky he found a promising undrafted player in Anderson and that Idzik got one pick legitimately right in Enunwa or else the WR corps would be cupboard bare in terms of young talent. I like his contracts and love his trades and appreciate his steady aggressiveness overall but Maccagnan's mid-to late round drafts need to pan out just a BIT better. 

His only successes there so far are from 2016.

11 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Is it three years you have to wait to judge a draft class?

2015:Williams is all that is left.

2016: Only Hackenberg is gone.  Lee, Jenkins, and Shell start.  Peake and Edwards play specials. 

2017: Adams and Maye start. McGuire and Donahue have been in the rotation.  Stewart, Hansen and Clark (practice squad) cut. 

Donahue was cut too.

Of our current offensive starters, as many were drafted by Idzik (Winters/Enunwa) as by Macc (Shell/Darnold). Sure hope he figures out a way to get it right moving forward, cause he has a lot building to do around Darnold.

I've been a pretty ardent Bowles/Mac defender, but the Stewart pic was nonsense. Darnold has essentially bought him another year at the helm. 

That said, 2018 is the first Mac draft where I can see his picks fitting into the overall look of the roster going forward, be it starting or being part of a rotation with Cannon being the shot in the dark. It's a shame it's taken him this long to figure it out. 

This team was always a year away from true contention at the start of this season, especially with a boatload of cap space next year and a massive roster turnover coming. If he effs up again, I'll be down in the hatred muck with all ya'll. 

18 minutes ago, Lith said:

Donahue was cut too.

Of our current offensive starters, as many were drafted by Idzik (Winters/Enunwa) as by Macc (Shell/Darnold). Sure hope he figures out a way to get it right moving forward, cause he has a lot building to do around Darnold.

Yeah, I forgot.  Hi suspension is for so long he might not make it back to the league.  Sometimes those guys you find that were bagging groceries were doing it for a reason. 

19 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Someone remind the Jets Owner to keep Macc away from the college scouts and the draft room in April. 

Thank you. 

Free agents too. Guys been terrible in both facets of adding to roster.

what a joke

Archived