# Jets vs Browns -- Thurs Night Football -- The Official Game Thread #

Maxman

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the stars are aligned for the Jets to lose this game.   It is for the best.  The Johnsons will realize that they need to make changes to take advantage of their remaining 4 year window with Darnold.  

This is New York.  The Jets need an organization led by the brightest minds.  Mac, Bowles and Kacey are not that.  The Jets will be beat tonight by Todd Haley and Gregg Williams. 

Ignoring Dorsey passing on Darnold, he is good at picking players.  

10 minutes ago, varjet said:

All the stars are aligned for the Jets to lose this game.   It is for the best.  The Johnsons will realize that they need to make changes to take advantage of their remaining 4 year window with Darnold.  

This is New York.  The Jets need an organization led by the brightest minds.  Mac, Bowles and Kacey are not that.  The Jets will be beat tonight by Todd Haley and Gregg Williams. 

Ignoring Dorsey passing on Darnold, he is good at picking players.  

One thing with the NFL is when everything points to one conclusion... Bet the opposite... This is too good for the Browns... The Browns get blown out 26-9

I CANNOT wait for tonight. So much will be answered and I’m sure we’ll have a few surprises. Look for Kearse to get worked into the offense, Herndon to build off of last game and more passes/screens to our running backs.

I really hope we can neutralize the blitz or have success with max protection. Should be an interesting game! 

3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I CANNOT wait for tonight. So much will be answered and I’m sure we’ll have a few surprises. Look for Kearse to get worked into the offense, Herndon to build off of last game and more passes/screens to our running backs.

I really hope we can neutralize the blitz or have success with max protection. Should be an interesting game! 

i think tonight is going to tell a lot about the coaching and veteran presence of this team.  

3 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

F*ck Cleveland. Those fans deserve the sh*t franchise they have.
I’m hoping to see Sam make them all look at each other tonight and whisper ...baker mayfield???

Sure we can lose. I signed up for a 4-12 campaign where darnold gets better and gains tons of real world experience.
Whatever it is it is, but I would sure like not to add the jets being the team that breaks this crazy winless streak to our list of sad stats.

Jets 31-8

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

man, I hope your predicted score is right!!!  The "official Madden simulator" had the Jets beating the Browns in OT; not that that means anything!

I wonder how things would have been different if this game was week #2.  Meaning we were just coming off destroying the lions.  Just seems like everyone thinks the Jets suck right now because of the "terrible" game last week.  I don't think it was terrible.  we had our chances, and a play here, we win, another play there, we win by 7.  end of 1st half and the red zone pick killed us.  meh forget it; I could go on and on....

I don’t get why people are so uptight and nervous about tonight’s game. It’s pretty much a tossup ,and we are underdogs because we have a rookie quarterback , a young team all together and we’re rebuilding. Whatever happens ,happens I just hope Sam is not injured.

Tonight isn’t one of them colour rush nights is it? I hate it when they dress up like the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

Rich Cimini    ESPN Staff Writer 

Projecting the Jets' inactive players for tonight's game: S Marcus Maye, TE Neal Sterling, LB Josh Martin, CB Derrick Jones, DT Folorunso Fatukasi, G Dakota Dozier and CB Juston Burris. Analysis: Burris was a healthy scratch last week. If it happens two weeks in a row, he'll be on the endangered list. With Sterling (concussion), they're down to three tight ends/fullbacks.

>   http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

9 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I don’t get why people are so uptight and nervous about tonight’s game. It’s pretty much a tossup ,and we are underdogs because we have a rookie quarterback , a young team all together and we’re rebuilding. Whatever happens ,happens I just hope Sam is not injured.

Tonight isn’t one of them colour rush nights is it? I hate it when they dress up like the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

we're nervous because no one wants to be "that team" who finally lost to the Browns.

and no, someone else posted on the forums that the EA tweeted that the Jets will be wearing white jerseys / green pants.

4 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I watched to coaches cut of the Fins game on Gamepass and I've got to say the Jets played better than I recalled when watching it live. Even thought they could not run the ball against the Fins, Cleveland's run D does not present the match-up problems the Fins did, so I feel the Jets should be able to run the ball tonight. Aside from running the ball against the Fins, the Jets O consistently moved the ball even though Sam was under near constant pressure. It was a game where none of the breaks went the Jets way. From Anderson's fumble to the fact the the Fins recovered two of their own fumbles. And the Jets penalties were bad and made even worse by the timing of the penalties. They always seemed to negate an important D play by the Jets and never occurred when the Fins had 1st and 10.  

Without Darnold the Jets would have lost the Fins game in a blowout because that is what happens when the other team controls the line of scrimmage against your Offense. With Sam, the game was winnable if a few receivers hold on to the ball before and after they are hit and Pryor pays attention with the realization that Sam may throw him the ball when he does not expect it.

After re-watching the Fins game, I truly realize how much of a game changer Sam Darnold is. With him they have a chance to win games they have no business winning. He can literally do it almost on his own. Big, agile, smart, hard working and deadly accurate even on the run. I would not be surprised if the Jets beat Cleveland in a walk tonight.

Yup, in short after 2 weeks is blatantly obvious to me that Sam Darnold is already the best football player on the NY Jets right NOW.

No one is picking the Jets tonight. I even had to listen to Adam Shein & his horrifically overdone emotive voice claim a 26-13 victory for Cleveland. 

One thing is clear, the line, talk radio, are a pretty bad indictment of Bowles/Macc in their 4th year! My goodness, the Jets are the 1st team to be underdogs to Cleveland in the like 3 years or something like that, lol. How's that taste Todd?, cant be good.

Here's my take on this game. The Browns tied the Steelers after getting 4 TURNOVERS AT HOME! Really? You created 4 TOs and you still couldn't win? This comes down to Todd Bowles vs Hue Jackson! Two bottom 5 coaches, go ahead, list the coaches in this league worse than these 2 right now. 

The Saints played TERRIBLE and still won. Darnold brings the Jets back from 10 down & wins it at the end with a laser to Robbie "Sticks" Anderson, Anderson is literally crushed under the onrushing happy Jets players & sustains breaks in both arms & legs missing the season. Browns fans open every god damn one of those BUD LIGHT coolers around town by busting in them with chain plyers. Riots ensue. Cleveland looks like it always does the following morning, like a frat house living room. Go Jets.

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

One thing is clear, the line, talk radio, are a pretty bad indictment of Bowles/Macc in their 4th year! My goodness, the Jets are the 1st team to be underdogs to Cleveland in the like 3 years or something like that, lol. How's that taste Todd?, cant be good.

the main reason the Jets are underdogs tonight it because the media still hates the Jets.

we won by a huge margin in the first game and everyone loved the Jets, the first sign of a stumble and they CANT WAIT to pick against us and proclaim same ol Jets.......fug those talking heads.

Today is the day they can kiss my arse and eat their words. 

#BURYTHEBROWNS

Funny how so many people are so quick to decide we are bums because of a bad showing last week

We are 1-1. the Steelers are winless but they are the better team as if by magic or osmosis they are automatically going to be good this year. 

We have the same record as the Saints and they almost lost to the god d@mn browns but they are SOOOOO much better than we are? really? Why because their record the last few years has some kind of impact on this year? The past is dead, means nothing. They almost lost to the Browns so they have to prove they are a good team this year BEFORE we go ahead and crown them and put ourselves down as a losing squad.

If the past mattered so much then having Sam wouldnt make a difference. The past is over......

#BURYTHEBROWNS

3 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Lock of the year - Over/Under 4.5 sacks in this game.

Garrett is likely to get 2 of his own.

Tyrod will look to run and we'll get a few one yard "sacks"

Sell the farm on this one....this is a combined 6+ sack game between the two teams.

Its the Jets  vs the Cleveland Browns.  There is no way anything can be a lock.

It concerns me that we're in year 4 of the Bowles regime and we're underdogs (a pick 'em on neutral territory) against a team that hasn't won a game in years. Yes, I know the Browns look better than usual so far, but it's only 2 games. It concerns me even more that I don't think it's unreasonable for the Jets to be the underdog here, either. I don't know how you can look at year 4 of a regime and think this is acceptable.

guys hyping the browns is comical-they are a terrible team and if they beat us it shows how much we need to progress-Mac and bowles have had enough time to improve  our team-yes  sam is year one but none the less-when you start losing to the worst team in football or they have better players something is wrong with the gm and the coach

yes it is road game, yes it is a short week and if the jets loose this game it is bigly bad if you believe they are to compete this year

9 hours ago, KRL said:

A couple of things:

- Taylor is a "two trick pony", he'll only stay in the pocket when he has max
protection otherwise after his first read he's looking to run.
 They must
maintain their gaps when rushing Taylor, they should know this from his days
in BUF

+1 

Do the OPPOSITE of the 16th game in 2015 to defend against Taylor.

Containing Taylor is KEY for the defense to be successful. Taylor will run for the 1st down when we have good coverage and he'll EXHAUST this defense with back breaking 3rd down conversions. They MUST spy him (Lee?) and make sure he can't break the pocket and run to convert. 

Jets hold Taylor, they can win. 

Also agree that we MUST establish the run game so as not to let the opposing defense key in and tee off on Darnold dropping back 30+ times to throw. 

Archived