# Jets vs Browns -- Thurs Night Football -- The Official Game Thread #

Maxman

How can he build a solid young team when he can't draft worth a _____ .

I hear ya but the jury is still out. I think macc has hit on guys like Adams ,maye, darnold(who he made a lot of moves to get) Sheppard Nickerson and some others.
It hasn’t been as good as it could be but having a first time gm grow into the job when there have been a lot of solid moves, is much more realistic than with the coach. Macc has also shown an ability to identify solid udfa players as well as decent FA work.
And he does that while not log jamming the future. That’s all good stuff.

Gutting the whole org is not the best move when macc does seem to be improving. Let’s not forget that Bowles was hired before macc. This isn’t really his coach from a choice standpoint.

Macc has not been idzik or bradway bad. I honestly think he has the ability to become a very good gm in the league. We have to give someone time before we start all over.

Bowels is a major problem and needs to go

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I'm going to, likely, do the same.  This is the lowest I have felt about anything in a long time and, if I'm being totally honest, it probably has more to do with other stuff going on in my life. I've been dealing with constant battles and stress for the last ~6 months and I can't, for my own sake, let sports affect me this much.  I have so many more important things to worry about.  It's not worth it at this point in time. 

I may check in to read every now and then, but I can't see myself posting for quite a while.

I honestly don’t blame you man. Put yourself and real life first at all times. I put my heart and soul into this team and I spend a lot of time on here wasting energy and emotion just to have them lose to the Browns.

I’ll check in most likely too but this is it for me for a long while. I don’t know what we have to do in order to finally get it right but I’m no longer going to be extensively watching to find out. I gotta get my life in order anyway. I’m young and I don’t have anything going for myself right now.

Screw the team for awhile.

In Darnold’s defense, asking any rookie QB to start his pro career by playing  3 games in 11 days, taking into account an already steep learning curve and having to absorb and implement three distinct game plans in rapid fire succession... is a pretty tall order.

They ruined Sanchez as the played scared; the best OL in the league got him crushed against the Ravens and he was never the same. Run, run, 3rd and long; how many times did we say why do we always run on 1st? We kept putting him in a position to put the whole team on his shoulders - after a while, he took too many chances, and then it got in his head. same basic situation
thanks for trying...

In addition to having a top tier o line, sanchez had a strong running game and the top defense in the league in 09 and top 5 2010. On top of that he also had bray bray, Holmes, Keller, cotchery and brad smith.
Very solid special teams play too.

I know I just jumped in here but I thought I’d add that :)

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

16 minutes ago, HessStation said:

It’s like they won the Super bowl. It’s gross

This is such a weird feeling. I simultaneously hope they never win another game all season long, and hope they win a ****ton more games this season, just so that we're not the only team beaten by the ******* browns.

What a dilemma.

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

The bright side is this may finally be Bowles' undoing.

The best case scenario is the same as it was in pre-season: Darnold shows poise, promise and growth while the defense collapses and has a dismal year.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Seems more giving up on Bowles. Which is completely justified IMHO.

Oh, Bowles can go f*ck himself. He’s as good as gone after this year.

But the goofs who after 3 games are saying the Jets made a mistake by taking Darnold should be belted in the head with a tack hammer.

13 minutes ago, ausman said:

In Darnold’s defense, asking any rookie QB to start his pro career by playing  3 games in 11 days, taking into account an already steep learning curve and having to absorb and implement three distinct game plans in rapid fire succession... is a pretty tall order.

The guy is a bust 

24 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I honestly don’t blame you man. Put yourself and real life first at all times. I put my heart and soul into this team and I spend a lot of time on here wasting energy and emotion just to have them lose to the Browns.

I’ll check in most likely too but this is it for me for a long while. I don’t know what we have to do in order to finally get it right but I’m no longer going to be extensively watching to find out. I gotta get my life in order anyway. I’m young and I don’t have anything going for myself right now.

Screw the team for awhile.

It used to be an escape for me.  When I was playing, all the bullsh*t at home went away.  When I got older and the game was "behind me", I discovered this place and posting about football and dissecting it with other posters replaced that.  Now nothing works.  I'm an emotional yo yo and a football team has become a major source of stress.

Mental health over everything has been my motto since 2014.  That means it's time to take a step back.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

It used to be an escape room me.  When I was playing, all the bullsh*t at home went away.  When I got older and gte game was "behind me", I discovered this place and posting about football and dissecting it with other posters replaced that.  Now nothing works.  I'm an emotional yo yo and a football team has become a major source of stress.

Mental health over everything has been my motto since 2014.  That means it's time to take a step backm

It helps to always expect the worst and never buy in to the hype. 

Also, remember it's just a game played by millionaires who work for billionaires. The minute it stops being entertaining is when it's time to reassess your relationship with the team. I'd like to see the Jets win, but if they don't life goes on. Win or lose, my plans for this weekend aren't going to change, nor will the people I'll be spending time with. It's really pretty meaningless.

Tonight was a sucky loss, but it was an exciting game that we had a chance to win at the end. +we got to see the #1 and #3 square off for the first of hopefully many games in the future.

I dunno. I stopped being emotionally invested a long time ago and usually get a chuckle when they do something Jetsy, I've grown to expect it in fact.

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It used to be an escape for me.  When I was playing, all the bullsh*t at home went away.  When I got older and the game was "behind me", I discovered this place and posting about football and dissecting it with other posters replaced that.  Now nothing works.  I'm an emotional yo yo and a football team has become a major source of stress.

Mental health over everything has been my motto since 2014.  That means it's time to take a step back.

That really speaks to me because that’s exactly how I feel. This place was an escape. It took me away from the real world and the emotions. I’ve been living on a roller coaster for quite some time now and having some internet pals who love the team as much as I do .. man that really helped. But now it just feels like with the way the team is moving and the constant BS we have to put up with....it’s not enjoyable or even therapeutic for my emotional stability anymore. It’s just....crap. I deal with enough pain outside of JN lol.

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

Also, remember it's just a game played by millionaires who work for billionaires. The minute it stops being entertaining is when it's time to reassess your relationship with the team. I'd like to see the Jets win, but if they don't life goes on. Win or lose, my plans for this weekend aren't going to change, nor will the people I'll be spending time with. It's really pretty meaningless.

Tonight was a sucky loss, but it was an exciting game that we had a chance to win at the end. +we got to see the #1 and #3 square off for the first of hopefully many games in the future.

I dunno. I stopped being emotionally invested a long time ago and usually get a chuckle when they do something Jetsy, I've grown to expect it in fact.

I'd like to see more that just a handful of NFL players who are millionaires three to four years after their careers are over.  They all go broke.

13 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

That really speaks to me because that’s exactly how I feel. This place was an escape. It took me away from the real world and the emotions. I’ve been living on a roller coaster for quite some time now and having some internet pals who love the team as much as I do .. man that really helped. But now it just feels like with the way the team is moving and the constant BS we have to put up with....it’s not enjoyable or even therapeutic for my emotional stability anymore. It’s just....crap. I deal with enough pain outside of JN lol.

Well, misery loves company? Getting it out on here with the rest of these loons is probably better than the old school method of getting extra hammered and kicking the dog.

3 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

I'd like to see more that just a handful of NFL players who are millionaires three to four years after their careers are over.  They all go broke.

Unfortunately most people who make a lot of money when young spend it. When the commodities market went electronic 5-10 years ago I knew a few brokers who were in way over their head when all the insider BS they used to do dried up.

29 minutes ago, CTM said:

My dad used to say **** em. They don’t care about you and they not giving you any money so **** em. The reality is it’s just a business. It’s a game we all played as children and some of us were better than others and lucky to make a living doing it. But these players who play for ‘NY’ or any other team don’t even live here or care about this city or any other. They hop from team to team and could care less about anybody but themselves. 

9 minutes ago, BigO said:

My dad used to say **** em. They don’t care about you and they not giving you any money so **** em. The reality is it’s just a business. It’s a game we all played as children and some of us were better than others and lucky to make a living doing it. But these players who play for ‘NY’ or any other team don’t even live here or care about this city or any other. They hop from team to team and could care less about anybody but themselves. 

Lolz my dad said the same stuff, I didnt figure out he was right for another 10 years or so.

He also always told me women are nuts, that too fell on deaf ears ?

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

Lolz my dad said the same stuff, I didnt figure out he was right for another 10 years or so.

He also always told me women are nuts, that too fell on deaf ears ?

Yep it’s taken me 61 years to figure that women are nuts. Rationalization is a biatch.

Archived