So Crowell will be released Monday, right?

Pointdexter

8 hours ago, Bocajetfan said:

Question is will or should he be released the answer is no. The appropriate question is should he be disaplined for his behavior. To that my reply is yes. Bowles should have gone Mike Singetery on him and sent him to the locker room. The act was an embarrassment to the player himself, his teammates,organization and their fans. This was not an act done in a private environment but on National TV. My personal belief is that anyone that could defend this act needs to have their moral values checked. Bowles lost me last year when he quit on his team, he has lost any respect from me for a lack of leadership  for this issue. This is not  a mater of being prudish it’s a simple mater of right and wrong.

Good post. 

Cutting the player would be a drastic measure, and he'd get swooped up quickly. He's still a good player, something the Jets are short on. But discipline? Yeah. Don't exactly know what is and isn't permissible under the current CBA, but I'd be looking to suspend him this week, without pay, for conduct detrimental to the team.  

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It falls on the shoulders of Bowles. This no discipline bullsh*t all stems from the coach. Bowles has lost a locker room before and they got rid of the malcontents. Bowles is the problem here. The penalties stem from lack of discipline. Discipline is instilled by the coaches and it all starts with the head guy. Since it seems like he is here for at least this season and probably next get used to it unless he can turn it around. Highly unlikely but this is where we are.

2 hours ago, usanyj said:

Maybe he was doing an impressions of the cops wife... since he was holding his eye. Robby is a tool

So many way to take this...

Impersonating them by faking the injury, like cops' wives fake it in bed?

Impersonating them by having a bloddy face after being beaten by their husbands?

Perhaps the impersonation is the actual fumbling?  Meaning he has no balls (like most cops).

?  I kid the police community.

23 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

In a 2 score game with a legitimate shot to get a tough road win, Cro put his imaginary feud with Cleveland fans over his teammates, Jets fans, and the organization by WILLINGLY compromising our chance to win. He knew those 15 yards on a kickoff are huge, especially at the end of the half. And he knows that the LAST thing you want to do is give the home team some hope and get the fans back into it going into halftime. 

Yet he did it anyways.

So show a f****** spine TB and Macc and make a damn point. Get rid of him. Make the statement that ANY player not 100% dedicated to winning football games, and ONLY winning football games, will be gone. Putting yourself before the team, let alone in a crass gesture that embarrasses the organization, is automatic dismissal. 

To me, anything short of this reflects the poor leadership by Macc and Bowles.

You don't cut him, you bench him for a half. Shame him in front of his team mates so that he knows....WTF am I saying? Bowles probably gave him a game ball.

On 9/21/2018 at 9:50 AM, Pointdexter said:

In a 2 score game with a legitimate shot to get a tough road win, Cro put his imaginary feud with Cleveland fans over his teammates, Jets fans, and the organization by WILLINGLY compromising our chance to win. He knew those 15 yards on a kickoff are huge, especially at the end of the half. And he knows that the LAST thing you want to do is give the home team some hope and get the fans back into it going into halftime. 

Yet he did it anyways.

So show a f****** spine TB and Macc and make a damn point. Get rid of him. Make the statement that ANY player not 100% dedicated to winning football games, and ONLY winning football games, will be gone. Putting yourself before the team, let alone in a crass gesture that embarrasses the organization, is automatic dismissal. 

fullmetaljacketangrycrapper.jpg

6 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Football is a contact sport played by grown men, up until recently its always been a game of aggression . Emotions flow over in sport all the time , but I guess in todays' age of participation trophies that is getting stripped out of the game as well.  If your so upset by the gross and inappropriate celebration on Thu - that was just a player expressing his frustration over how he was treated by his former team. If you don't like it - turn it off or perhaps the opera is always an option.

You're like a zoo exhibit at this point. 

Just now, Untouchable said:

Yeah 

He posted this on either Instagram or Twitter a while back before the Jets signed him. It’s the reason why Blue Lives Matter basically told the Jets to go f*ck themselves when the Jets wanted to partner with them.

th?id=OIP.UZv5ird1hlfVMbJQvXhQlQHaEq&pid

Wow, I really have to get out more. I never heard any of this. Thank you.

6 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Football is a contact sport played by grown men, up until recently its always been a game of aggression . Emotions flow over in sport all the time , but I guess in todays' age of participation trophies that is getting stripped out of the game as well.  If your so upset by the gross and inappropriate celebration on Thu - that was just a player expressing his frustration over how he was treated by his former team. If you don't like it - turn it off or perhaps the opera is always an option.

After the penalty the kick cover team bailed him out and the browns started from the 25 

It had no impact on the game as far as I'm concerned 

The press will seize on it as such an outrageous thing to do and blah blah blah 

I'm sure many worse things happened in the stands that night 

This is one of those deals where just about any other week it's not a story but he picked the wrong week to be dumb 

With that said I posted last week that my biggest problem with Bowles is that he never benches anyone 

Crowell should have been benched during the game or next game to send a message to the team about dumb penalties 

Words and fines do nothing 

On 9/21/2018 at 2:08 PM, jamesr said:

The penalty meant that Cleveland started at the 26.

A touchback would have had them starting at the 25.

Forget that the extra 15 yards meant the team was running it back and could have made a huge difference (so the Jets got lucky); forget that it fired up the crowd; forget that it fired up the defense.

Consider this. Pick the top four teams or top four coaches in the league. What would happen if a player did that on one of their teams. You think Belly would put up with that? Well coached teams, well run teams do not tolerate this garbage. Just because it didn't cost us but a yard is hardly the point.

What about the 15 yards tacked on for the other stupid unsportsmanlike call. Sure the Brows eventually punted and guess what a struggling offense started inside the 15 again. Yep, that really helped out the team.

It is a team sport, and well coached teams don't tolerate stupid penalties.

2 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Forget that the extra 15 yards meant the team was running it back and could have made a huge difference (so the Jets got lucky); forget that it fired up the crowd; forget that it fired up the defense.

Consider this. Pick the top for teams or top four coaches in the league. What would happen if a player did that on one of their teams. You think Belly would put up with that? Well coached teams, well run teams do not tolerate this garbage. Just because it didn't cost us but a yard is hardly the point.

What about the 15 yards tacked on for the other stupid unsportsmanlike call. Sure the Brows eventually punted and guess what a struggling offense started inside the 15 again. Yep, that really helped out the team.

What fired up the crowd was Mayfield coming into the game. 

54 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Consider this. Pick the top four teams or top four coaches in the league. What would happen if a player did that on one of their teams. You think Belly would put up with that? Well coached teams, well run teams do not tolerate this garbage. Just because it didn't cost us but a yard is hardly the point.

Boy, I agree. Everybody is completely focused on the tangible result of 1 net yard on field position. Very few, and what I would consider more insightful among us, understand the emotional impact it had on the game. 

People don't want to hear this but things like this are the reason the Patriots are the Patriots and the Jets are the Jets. It's not simply Tom Brady.

Fellow fans have laughed at me and called me clueless for my take on this thread, but Crowell would have a pink slip in his locker if he played in Boston. And that should say a lot to our fans who want to start a culture of winning in NY.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:07 PM, RevisIsland610 said:

Every team in the NFL has their share of players doing stupid things on the field. It depends on how bad the infraction was really. That was stupid, just not cut worthy. 

celebration penalties happen all the time. Cut them all. ok so then you have a game nobody but old heads want to watch. It was a stupid penalty, but the Jets actually didn't lose anything because the kickoff was returned to the 25 yard line.

As many issues offensively as were exposed over the last two games, Crowell is not one of them.

On 9/21/2018 at 12:50 PM, Pointdexter said:

Yet he did it anyways.

Yep cut the guy with two touchdowns the other night ?

Guy does not need to be cut, he needs to be utterly humiliated in the next team film room.

The team needs to run sprints until they puke and make it well know in is all because of that one player and he needs to sit our the 1st few series of the next game.

Of course ALL of this should be addressed in camp.  "Gentlemen have fun if you score by all means show some emotion, but god help me if anyone takes even one unsportsmanlike like penalty, you will feel my utter wrath."

Todd bowles is such a worthless leader of men.

Not sure if the humiliation would be considered harassment or not? CBA might not allow the sprint option? Almost sure there is a Conduct clause in his contract that would allow a suspension and should be enforced if this organization is serious about a culture change!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2018 at 12:50 PM, Pointdexter said:

Yet he did it anyways.

Good thing they didn't cut him, right?

Archived