So Crowell will be released Monday, right?

Pointdexter

In a 2 score game with a legitimate shot to get a tough road win, Cro put his imaginary feud with Cleveland fans over his teammates, Jets fans, and the organization by WILLINGLY compromising our chance to win. He knew those 15 yards on a kickoff are huge, especially at the end of the half. And he knows that the LAST thing you want to do is give the home team some hope and get the fans back into it going into halftime. 

Yet he did it anyways.

So show a f****** spine TB and Macc and make a damn point. Get rid of him. Make the statement that ANY player not 100% dedicated to winning football games, and ONLY winning football games, will be gone. Putting yourself before the team, let alone in a crass gesture that embarrasses the organization, is automatic dismissal. 

To me, anything short of this reflects the poor leadership by Macc and Bowles.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

It was an ignorant and selfish thing to do but if we cut every player on this team every time they did something stupid we would have to forfeit the season for lack of players. I hope he gets fined for his stupidity. 

If we benched or cut player who did stupid things, we would be... a legitimate franchise.

Crowell should be forced to sit the 1st quarter at a minimum next week.

Robby Anderson likewise should be told that his snaps will be reduced until he learns how to hold onto the ball without fumbling.

Trumaine Johnson should be fined.  Heavily.  Truth be told he should have been benched for a series last night.

Time for some accountability.  Bowles is all talk, no action.

9 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

In a 2 score game with a legitimate shot to get a tough road win, Cro put his imaginary feud with Cleveland fans over his teammates, Jets fans, and the organization by WILLINGLY compromising our chance to win. He knew those 15 yards on a kickoff are huge, especially at the end of the half. And he knows that the LAST thing you want to do is give the home team some hope and get the fans back into it going into halftime. 

Yet he did it anyways.

So show a f****** spine TB and Macc and make a damn point. Get rid of him. Make the statement that ANY player not 100% dedicated to winning football games, and ONLY winning football games, will be gone. Putting yourself before the team, let alone in a crass gesture that embarrasses the organization, is automatic dismissal. 

if i were a profiler i'd say you were a .....

8 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah, let's cut crowell and then wait until Powell gets hurt and watch Darnold get mauled because we have no running game. Any more brilliant suggestions?  

When’s Mc Guire coming back and what about Cannon.

2 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

If we benched or cut player who did stupid things, we would be... a legitimate franchise.

Every team in the NFL has their share of players doing stupid things on the field. It depends on how bad the infraction was really. That was stupid, just not cut worthy. 

10 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You mean like the Pats that just signed Josh "I am always stoned and suspended" Gordon or the team with Gronk who did this last  year:

gronkwat.0.gif

Gronk is a Hall of Famer. He has equity. This guy is a Browns castoff. Are we really a worse team without him? We can't afford to make an example of him? This team is a circus. Inmates running the assylum. If you don't get benched for fumbling or terrible penalties, whats the incentive to focus or work hard? Or even to not act like a classless fool?

17 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Crowell should be forced to sit the 1st quarter at a minimum next week.

Robby Anderson likewise should be told that his snaps will be reduced until he learns how to hold onto the ball without fumbling.

Trumaine Johnson should be fined.  Heavily.  Truth be told he should have been benched for a series last night.

Time for some accountability.  Bowles is all talk, no action.

Crow definitely should be punished.

Robby I'm not sure about.  I didn't see what happened, but I think his face was bleeding after that play.  Sure you'd like everyone to hold onto the ball even after getting hurt, but I can't see punishing a guy who may have taken a shot inside his facemask or something.

Thin ice sure, but no punishment yet.

Yeah, let's cut crowell and then wait until Powell gets hurt and watch Darnold get mauled because we have no running game. Any more brilliant suggestions?  
He is going to get mauled because we have no offensive line nothing to do with the run game. You think guys like Garrett or Mack care if we can run the ball?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

39 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Yet he did it anyways.

The Crowell penalty had nothing to do with the loss.  The Browns went three and out right after that.  Trumaine Johnson's penalty was the killer.

41 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Yet he did it anyways.

Yet another Crowell thread. Bet you weren't thinking this when he scored his 2nd TD or if we had won. Let me clue you in...football is an emotional sport. Get over it.

41 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Yet he did it anyways.

The Crowell thing is exactly the kind of play that should not be tolerated.  However, it had nothing to do with the outcome of the game.  They assessed the penalty on the extra point and Myer made the kick.  The Browns started the next drive from their own 26.  Big whoop.  

33 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I can't understand you thought process. So we just count on everyone getting hurt? Powell has run better than crow every snap. we just ran crow because you know we needed revenge on the browns. it was ridicuous. You know who doesn't act like a jackass and runs better than cro? Powell who is on the team. How bout we play him and lose the jackass.

31 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

It was an ignorant and selfish thing to do but if we cut every player on this team every time they did something stupid we would have to forfeit the season for lack of players. I hope he gets fined for his stupidity. 

That's how a good team operates. you fire peopel that hurt your team and hire guys that help you win. You don't cut every player you cut the one that done buy in and want to help us win. Cro by his action deserves to be canned. 

22 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Cut his coach.  Keep the player.

Half right!! Def cut the coach, but why keep the player?

4 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

He is going to get mauled because we have no offensive line nothing to do with the run game. You think guys like Garrett or Mack care if we can run the ball?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

I think they do, when we ran the ball in the first half they did pretty good.

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

The Crowell thing is exactly the kind of play that should not be tolerated.  However, it had nothing to do with the outcome of the game.  They assessed the penalty on the extra point and Myer made the kick.  The Browns started the next drive from their own 26.  Big whoop.  

you don't think it had anything to do with the game? He basically said I dont give a **** about the game when he did that. Everyone saw it and was like oh we are doing this now. We dont give a **** either...

I don't care about playing the game we are just going to do what we want, make penalties not finish plays etc.. 

Why should they care we are up 14 we are going to win and coach is cool with it. Haha sweet lets not care.

Then next think you know, we let cleveland fans get free beer.  Yeah had nothing to do with it. 

It amazes me how many of you don't get it.

As pointed out by BornJets, Cro basically said I don't care about winning this game. Or at the very least he said I don't care about winning more than I care about me and my axe to grind with Browns fans.

Bowles, when he trotted that selfish a-hole back out there on the next series, basically said I don't care either. Making dumb penalties and hurting your team at the expense of personal vendettas is A-OK. What a message to the team!

From there, do some of you guys think that maybe it filtered down to other members of the team? Maybe some of them were pissed that Cro apparently doesn't give a sh*t? Do of any of you guys think that the Cro play might have had something to do with 2 straight personal foul penalties that followed? Do any of you maybe have it dawn on yourselves that a culture of stupidity, selfishness, and lack of accountability is being established on 1 Jets Drive. Or, more accurately, a culture of stupidity, selfishness, and lack of accountability is being allowed to endure?

Any of you think TB and/or Macc should do something about it?

1 hour ago, Pointdexter said:

Yet he did it anyways.

Why?

Crowell at least played OK.

Trumaine Johnson committed back to back unsportsmanlikes and played like total dog sh*t to boot... if anyone gets bounced, it's Tru.

2 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

Yet he did it anyways.

it was stupid, and I hate that crap, but the Browns, on the ensuing kickoff started on the 26 instead of the 25....

yes, they COULD have started in much better FP, but they didn't.  Doesn't excuse what he did, but it literally had ZERO impact on the game.

50 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

Or, we wouldn't have enough guys suited up to field a team.

How is that a bad thing? You enjoying the games as they have been played for the past decade? I would rather they have forfeited them all. Would have saved me a lot of time, money and stress.

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I can't understand you thought process. So we just count on everyone getting hurt? Powell has run better than crow every snap. we just ran crow because you know we needed revenge on the browns. it was ridicuous. You know who doesn't act like a jackass and runs better than cro? Powell who is on the team. How bout we play him and lose the jackass.

That's how a good team operates. you fire peopel that hurt your team and hire guys that help you win. You don't cut every player you cut the one that done buy in and want to help us win. Cro by his action deserves to be canned. 

Half right!! Def cut the coach, but why keep the player?

I think they do, when we ran the ball in the first half they did pretty good.

Archived