Alliance of American Football Releases All Team Names/Logos

Warfish

16 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

The names sound like a league that's not going to make it. The Arizona Hotshots??? lol. 

Dude. The Hotshots is the nickname of a fire-fighting crew from Prescott, AZ (Granite Mountain) who were killed in the line of duty several years ago. It’s a tribute to the men who lost their lives that day. It was a bad day here.

19 hours ago, johnnysd said:

The AAF is started by former NFL Executives including Bill Polian, and all of the teams have former NFL head coaches and NFL staffs. This league has a very good chance at long term success as the first real minor league football league. I plan to attend the San Diego Fleet games next spring, though I dont love the name.

A clean colon is a healthy colon Johnny. 

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Guessing Villian didn’t know that. I didn’t . 

Of course.  I’m pretty sure he didn’t either.  It’s an interesting decision to name a football team after those guys but if it helps people learn about who they were and what happened that day then maybe it’s a good thing.

This has a very "World League" feel to it. I'll give it 1 season. Tops.

Agreed

It sucks. I would love for a legitimate competitor yeti the nfl to arise. They do whatever they want because there is no competition. I hate most of the recent rule changes and KO structure but can’t do anything if I want yo watch football.

The IRON ??? Is that for real? Is that city famous for its laundromats or something?

Agreed

It sucks. I would love for a legitimate competitor yeti the nfl to arise. They do whatever they want because there is no competition. I hate most of the recent rule changes and KO structure but can’t do anything if I want yo watch football.

The IRON ??? Is that for real? Is that city famous for its laundromats or something?

The Birmingham iron even looks like a friggin clothing iron from the bottom. Is that really what they are going for there?

This league isn't really in competition with the NFL, it begins in Feb. IMO they have a fair chance of success because the CBA expires in 2020 I believe. Chances are high there will be a full season strike this time. A lot of the small city's they are in, are in the south so weather should be perfect for football. They have a chance of getting a base following from football starved fans who are NCAA fans. If the NFL strike goes into a second season, they have a slight chance as long as they manage it right, and keep their national expectations in check

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Dude. The Hotshots is the nickname of a fire-fighting crew from Prescott, AZ (Granite Mountain) who were killed in the line of duty several years ago. It’s a tribute to the men who lost their lives that day. It was a bad day here.

I know nothing about those folks. Sorry to hear that. No disrespect intended. The name still sounds ridiculous for a football team, but may work for folks in Prescott given the emotional attachment. The name sounds like a 1987 B-movie title. 

Archived