JETS vs JAGS OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

Creepy Lurker

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Seems like the only players who show up every week on offense are Powell and enunwa.  At least Herndon looks good today.  

Yep. After the Miami game when most wanted to immediately cut Herndon, he's showing flashes that he might actually be a player for us. 2 Great catches so far. I like what I'm seeing so far.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Are we really critizing Darnold for the two deep balls?

this has been a point of contention and an issue since the spring...its a legitimate complaint until it changes. He has consistently been missing those. Even his long TD to Robby in the first game was under thrown but hailed as a great pass. 

We should have traded for Josh Gordon or Bell to give Sam some sort of offensive weapon besides Enunuwa. The ultra conservative play calling on top of the lack of time in the pocket is just painful to watch. Not saying Sam hasn't had some screw ups either but man I feel for the kid

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yep. After the Miami game when most wanted to immediately cut Herndon, he's showing flashes that he might actually be a player for us. 2 Great catches so far. I like what I'm seeing so far.

He’s shown good flashes. Gotta get these young players reps and make the most of this season. A season should never be lost this early though. It’s unaccepable and embarrassing. 

I still can't believe that on 3rd and 4th and one down 13 they are throwing deep. 

Hello you need points !!!!! Any kind of points will suffice and you keep the D off the field the rest of the half. 

Sorry folks while I think Darnold is going to be stud he isn't at that point where you he can throw well enough to set up the run.

How many times did the run the ball in the first half ? 5 ?

Jax is killing your OL , Your D is sitting in zone leaving receivers open by 5 yards and you throw deep on 3rd and 4th and 1.

Stupid

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

The jet defense has given up 500 yards in the last 4 quarters and made Mayfield and Bortles look like HOF's. Not good. 

These losses are not on darnold and that’s the problem.  The defense was supposed to help the rookie qb and give him decent field position.  Seems like every possession the jets are starting at their 20 or worse.

Just now, Jets723 said:

Dude you want to get rid of him after 4 games despite being barely 21 and no help around him. Gotta be a little fair kiddo

I messed that initial post up. I meant try again with Darnold and another QB next season with a new staff, which is why I said start McCown this season the rest of the way. I’m not throwing in the towel on Sam. This feels like a Jeff Fisher situation.

22 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He needed to catch that, but no it was not even close to a good throw. A good throw leads him to the correct side and it's an easy, easy TD.

People seem to think that receivers are mobile contortionists---or should be.  At least they are letting him throw downfield when they aren't getting swallowed up on time of possession.

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The thing is it’s not just the offense now.  The defense the past 4 quarters has regressed considerably.  The turnovers aren’t there, the coverage sucks, inability to get off the field on 3rd and long.  They can’t protect darnold.  There seems to be no legit leadership on or off the field and it’s as if darnold feels he has to fill that void b/c he’s the quarterback even though he’s the youngest guy on the team. 

At least the offense is dealing with poor oline and rookie QB. The defense has talent. Yet guys are running WIDE open for huge chunks. 

Archived