DOLPHINS vs TEXANS

14 in Green

13 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

One third of Watson's passes have been completed for touchdowns and of course I'm playing against him this week in fantasy. Nuts.

Tough break. He's red hot tonite. Buying time with his legs then throwing pin point passes.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Adam Gase makes me appreciate Todd Bowles. I thought that was impossible. That guy is a moron.

Yes, I will kick a field goal with 11 minutes left and still need two touchdowns.

Agreed. The air has to come out of a team when a coach doesn't give them a chance to stay in the game with calls like that. Their next game is against us though, a week from Sunday. Watch how smart Gates gets between tonight and then.

36 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Tough break. He's red hot tonite. Buying time with his legs then throwing pin point passes.

The funny thing is that up until half-time Watson had less than 100 yards passing (albeit with 2 touchdowns). I'm at work (it's the middle of the day where I am) so haven't been able to watch it, so I can't work out whether Miami's defence collapsed in the second half, or Watson exploded in the second half or both, but he's gone bonkers in the second half.

Only four non-completions in 20 pass attempts. Crazy.

16 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

The funny thing is that up until half-time Watson had less than 100 yards passing (albeit with 2 touchdowns). I'm at work (it's the middle of the day where I am) so haven't been able to watch it, so I can't work out whether Miami's defence collapsed in the second half, or Watson exploded in the second half or both, but he's gone bonkers in the second half.

Only four non-completions in 20 pass attempts. Crazy.

Miami's D gave up some huge runs as well as total breakdowns in the secondary that lead to wide open Texan receivers. One TV shot showed Miami's DC going ballistic on the sideline after one huge passing play. Totally missed assignments on the D.

6 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm not trying to be a jerk here and knock Darnold. I just wonder if we (myself included) go a little overboard in our "appreciation" of what he has done so far this year. I get that he's 21 and we've thrown him right in the fire. What has he really done so far that we're all so excited about? To me its more about what we hope he can become than what he is right now. Does this make sense at all? Just asking, don't kill the messenger.

Through my rose colored glasses Darnold is passing my "eye test". His pocket awareness, arm strength, mobility are above average. Apparently his professionalism and dedication to the game is very good. I agree with your comments - he hasn't really done anything yet - but again through my desperate for a franchise QB perspective Darnolds ceiling is very high. I'm looking forward to the next 3 years and see how he develops. The 2020's could be a great time for us Jets fans.

8 hours ago, Aussie Jet said:

One third of Watson's passes have been completed for touchdowns and of course I'm playing against him this week in fantasy. Nuts.

I have him on my fantasy team...

Sitting on the bench ☹️

8 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Adam Gase makes me appreciate Todd Bowles. I thought that was impossible. That guy is a moron.

Yes, I will kick a field goal with 11 minutes left and still need two touchdowns.

Honestly watch a lot of football, Bowles, though not great, doesn’t look quite so bad.

9 hours ago, Randy Rasmussen said:

This thread is amazing. Watson went from being washed up on the first page to being red hot on the 4th page.
You guys are worse than Joe Buck

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

This thread was a microcosm of the new twitterverse where every moron has a hot take and that hot take can be completely different 30 minutes after the last hot take. 

17 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

This thread was a microcosm of the new twitterverse where every moron has a hot take and that hot take can be completely different 30 minutes after the last hot take. 

I agree with you 100%. Something even scarier...that same phenomena will greatly influence something very important coming  up in a very few days.

30 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

extrapolating small data sets is for...  (fill in the blank plural pronoun)

14 minutes ago, Stark said:

can't draft that guy.... 48 mph.... lol

Ourlads Scouting Services in DA HOUSE!!!!!!!

If it wasnt for Sam Darnold, passing on Watson would be my #1 draft day blunder by the New York Jets.  Because of Sam, it ranks #3 on JiF's most painful drafts choices in Jets history list:

#1 Bryan Thomas over Ed Reed - I still have nightmares.

#2 Kyle Brady over Warren Sapp 

#3 Jamal Adams over Deshaun Watson

#4 Trading up for DRob over Troy Paulamolu/Terrell Suggs 

#5 Mike Nugent/Justin Miller over Frank Gore/VJax.

11 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

That made absolutely no sense.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Watson looked very lost and ordinary out there last night, right @Scott Dierking

Yes, his on again off again season continues. I continue to hold to my statement that his numbers are not comparable to last year. And, I know that would have been difficult to achieve.

I stick by my stance that you just have to wait and see, as on all qbs. Time will tell

34 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ed Reed is the greatest FS of my lifetime, and more importantly, he’s the most fun I’ve ever had watching someone play D. His mic’d up segments were always my favorite.

I’m not taking anything away from my favorite defensive player of all time, but I do wonder if he would have become the Ed Reed we all know if we had drafted him. 

9 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Yes, his on again off again season continues. I continue to hold to my statement that his numbers are not comparable to last year. And, I know that would have been difficult to achieve.

I stick by my stance that you just have to wait and see, as on all qbs. Time will tell

Lost and ordinary!!!

45 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ourlads Scouting Services in DA HOUSE!!!!!!!

If it wasnt for Sam Darnold, passing on Watson would be my #1 draft day blunder by the New York Jets.  Because of Sam, it ranks #3 on JiF's most painful drafts choices in Jets history list:

#2 Kyle Brady over Warren Sapp 

#3 Jamal Adams over Deshaun Watson

#4 Trading up for DRob over Troy Paulamolu/Terrell Suggs 

#5 Mike Nugent/Justin Miller over Frank Gore/VJax.

How do you not have O' Brien over Marino?

Blair Thomas?

The list is loooooong

15 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

You are also comparing him to when he was 100% healthy.  He’s coming off ACL repair and plays a game that relies a lot on his legs.  Given the fact that he runs for his life at times behind that line, I’m surprised he hasn’t been injured yet.  It takes a little while to get back to 100%, Wentz is going through the same thing and he doesn’t rely on his legs nearly as much as Watson.  

32 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Ed Reed is the greatest FS of my lifetime, and more importantly, he’s the most fun I’ve ever had watching someone play D. His mic’d up segments were always my favorite.

I’m not taking anything away from my favorite defensive player of all time, but I do wonder if he would have become the Ed Reed we all know if we had drafted him. 

He said early on, Ray Lewis really helped him, and taught him to watch film, taught him about the game.

He would have been good on the Jets, but probably not what he was on the Ravens.

16 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Blair Thomas?

The list is loooooong

Well, I was 4 when the Jets took O'Brien over Marino and 11 when we took Blair Thomas.  Didnt sting as bad when you had no clue what was going on.

29 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Blair Thomas?

The list is loooooong

The Blair Thomas over Cortez Kennedy and Junior Seau stands out to me.

I was only 17, and I wanted Cortez.    The Sapp was funny, since the whole crowd was chanting "We want Sapp".

Kenny O was the worst.

8 minutes ago, chirorob said:

The Blair Thomas over Cortez Kennedy and Junior Seau stands out to me.

I was only 17, and I wanted Cortez.    The Sapp was funny, since the whole crowd was chanting "We want Sapp".

Kenny O was the worst.

People tend to forget that at the time of the draft, there was some bad ju-ju associated with Marino.

The Jets weren't the only ones to pass on him.

50 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

You are also comparing him to when he was 100% healthy.  He’s coming off ACL repair and plays a game that relies a lot on his legs.  Given the fact that he runs for his life at times behind that line, I’m surprised he hasn’t been injured yet.  It takes a little while to get back to 100%, Wentz is going through the same thing and he doesn’t rely on his legs nearly as much as Watson.  

Yup. And my advice is to allow the test of time to assess proclamations of greatness, or not

The only flaw to Watson's game is that if he runs too much, he's an injury-risk.

I can't understand how someone can watch him play and say he's "average".  Come on.  Makes me think people are judging QB's like him based on something other than talent.

And yeah, he has periods of games where he can't get some things going.  Its easy to forget he's only played 13 games in the league.  So why do some QB's get a pass on lack of experience while Watson gets hammered?  Are Jamal Adams fanboys really that desperate? 

As good as Watson has been so far, his best days are ahead of him.  And that's pretty scary. 

As big a bust as Blair Thomas was, calling it a blunder is the ultimate in 20/20 hindsight. Thomas was regarded as a blue-chip prospect by just about everyone going into that draft. Nobody batted an eyelid over the Jets taking him--it was viewed as a no-brainer pick at the time. If you recall, he started off in  his Jets career well enough, but he had an onset of fumble-itis. Bruce Coslet, one of the worst head coach hires in Jets history, sat him on the bench and his confidence was gone forever..

13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I wanted him bad in his draft year, just gross looking at the quality of players picked before him ,including dee milliner and shelrich

I had Deandre at 1 and Keenan Allen at 2 that year on my board of WRs... I guess NFL team evaluators preferred Tavon Austin.. (as did 75% of Jets fans that year... smh)

Archived