Jets want Jim Harbaugh

JetsFanatic

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You keep saying this as if NFL teams dont have to recruit. In todays NFL players who have options need to be recruited and a player like Bell is much more likely to "run with the Jets" if we have Jim as the coach. People keep saying this fantasy nonsense about Jim running a smashmouth offense when in fact when he was with SF Kap did NOT run a smashmouth offense as all. Jim tailored the offense to the player he had. 
I am NOT advocating for Jim specifically but lets cut the B.S. here. Jim would be far and away the best coach we have had in a very very long time and has the potential to get us at least as close to the superbowl as parcells did who also by the way generally leaves after a few years in a program. 
And cut the crap about him alienating players, who exactly on this team are you worried about pissing off? Jim gets along with the QB, PERIOD. I dont give a rats ass about anyone else, je has what we need.
1. winning record
2. qb experience and development
3. a large enough name to attract GOOD free agents
4. the attitude to change the culture
5. the balls to bench underperforming players
what the hell am I missing again? Oh...all of this wasnt to your post specifically, I was reading the first 3 pages of this thread and then I couldnt take it anymore and had to respond to some of the things that were being said and flat out misleading or nonsense. 
Lmao come on now, there is nothing more clear at this point than the fact that players like bell are much more likely to run with whatever team pays him the most.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

If he was ever going to come back it’s as good a situation you could probably find.

1) 21 year old franchise QB
2) $120 million in cap space
3) young roster (guys that will take his sh—)
4) top 5 draft pick
5) can probably demand full control and we should give it to him.

Obviously there are a lot of problems too - but good teams rarely have openings.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Harbaugh would've never left SF if they turned the franchise over
to him.  They stupidly picked Trent Baalke over him and how did
that turn out for them?

2015 5-11
2016 2-14
2017 6-10
2018 4-11

He'll come here if the Johnsons give him total control, a Gruden type
of contract and the opportunity to mold Darnold (21 years old)

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He is staying at Michigan so this is pointless to even discuss.

Lets talk about guys who are an actual options.

Very true

He has complete control and with Meyer gone he has a chance to get a hand up with recruitment. Plus he makes 7.5 mil a season in Michigan do you really think a few mil will matter when he has the power he has and the following? I would bet money that JH stays in Ann Arbor for the time being.

Should the jets hire jim harbaugh? I think it’s a rhetorical question. Of course they should. Who are the alternatives? Outside of arians or McCarthy, who else with credibility is out there? What are the arguments against him? Offer him 10 million per, final say on roster and let macc do the dirty work behind the scenes.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

7 hours ago, SpartanJet said:

Check his record against his main competition in the Big 10 east.  2-6 I believe vs Michigan State and Ohio State.  He gets recruits at the level of Ohio State but gets owned ever year.  Plus he is a douche bag and NY media will hound him.  So this is the guy you want to run our team? 

I don't see it plus I'd like him to stay where he is.  He is doing great!

He’s never really reached the OSU level of recruiting yet, some good classes, but Urban out recruited him.  You are right though, his record against his rivals is poor.  

7 hours ago, King P said:

It's funny, because I remember the reports in 2014 that the Jets were heavily pursuing Harbaugh then and tried to change his mind even though he was set on going to Michigan.

If all this is true, it's makes me laugh so hard because we had the chance to hire Jim in 2009 and opted to go with Rex instead.

I guess it shows that it doesn't matter whether it's players, coaches, or GMs; the Jets are never good at finding talent from underneath. Only good at spotting talent when they're finished products and deciding to do whatever they can to lure them to us

if we got him in 2009 then it would have been a waste with sanchez at qb. Getting him now is a much better prospect as NOW we would actually have a chance at the ring. The kid is legit

16 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Lmao come on now, there is nothing more clear at this point than the fact that players like bell are much more likely to run with whatever team pays him the most.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Cousins says hello....too many teams have cap space. They getting paid no matter where they go. Jim's record along with a few of the players we have plus Jims lack of respect for Bowles ability gets it done. 

I don't want any part of Jim Harbaugh on the Jets. We need to build a culture of winning here for the long term, not commit to a coach who acts like a horse's a__  and who has worn out his welcome in 3-4 years everywhere he has gone.  BTW, have any of you seen the Michigan offense lately? It's drawing criticism in many college circles now for being right out of the 80's with none of the innovative aspects that are so important in the NFL today.

Hopefully this is all agent posturing....hard pass.

8 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Carmichael, Moorehead, Lafleur . We need a progressive offensive mind that eat's, sleeps and breathe's offense. We have a QB ,we need to take advantage of the NFL rules that favor marquee QB's and offense. Harbaugh is just as much a ground and pound guy as our previous HC's . People are getting fooled by the success he's has elsewhere. 

The bold is the funniest thing I've read in quite a while...care to re-phrase to save yourself 56? 

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

This is Harbaughs agent floating this.   He wants an extension from Michigan.  It’s page one out of the agents handbook.  These colleges panick when they hear their coach could leave. 

Probably.

supposedly Michigan just got the #1 ranked recruiting class in the Big 10.  Harbaugh ain’t leaving unless Woody offers $100 mil guaranteed plus part ownership 

8 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

A better question is why would Jim Harbaugh come to the jets?    

This is one of the most dysfunctional franchises in all of sports and harbugh has a great resume.   With Meyer gone he’s now king sh*t of the big 10 until frost takes over which is still 2-3 years away.   Why would Harbaugh come here outside of darnolds potential?

I think a lot of you are underestimating the hell out of the allure of Sam Darnold. Especially when it comes to an offensive minded coach.

11 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

That's why he changes jobs every 4 years.

Well then Michigan is taylor made for him. The players change every 4yrs.

JH has a golden future at U of M. No Meyer to interfere with recruitment and his resume would only be more impressive with a National Championship on it. JH will not be the NY Jets HC next year(after writing this expect the Jets to announce the hiring of JH soon lol).

28 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

The bold is the funniest thing I've read in quite a while...care to re-phrase to save yourself 56? 

Sure . Just because a guy had success elsewhere doesn't mean he'll work here . Look at Saban and his stint in the NFL. Or how about the much over rated Bill Parcells who only looked for can't lose situations and would bail when things got tough and the salary cap bills came due. 

Harbaugh and his abrasive attitude would be like Rex part two w/o being funny at times. He'll alienate players and then we'll be stuck with him for what 5-7 years.  He's had success but IMO is the absolute wrong fit for this team at this point. 

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I think a lot of you are underestimating the hell out of the allure of Sam Darnold. Especially when it comes to an offensive minded coach.

Have you watched Michigan's offense ??.  Do you really think he's the answer in today's modern offensive NFL - I don't.

Michigan isn’t paying Harbaugh $7 million a year to lose 4 straight years to OSU. Yeah, Urban Meyer left but the noise all year about boosters being fed up with Harbaugh are real. You don’t pay college coached that salary unless National Championships are involved.

Harbaugh isn’t getting fired this year, but he may only have another year or so left there. In which case, its back to the NFL. But if he has an offer now, big $, personnel control, young FQB, over 100 million in cap space, high draft picks, thats a dream scenario that may not be available in a year or two elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Hes playing with the talent he has his offenses looked good with Luck at Stanford

He could choose from the best in the country at Michigan , he wont have that option here. So are we saying Harbaugh has no weaponz at Michigan , we're already making excuses for the guy and he's not even remotely the HC yet.  And his offense looked good at Stanford with Luck - really.  Luck was perhaps one of the greatest college Qb's of all time, I'd certainly hope his offense looked good there.

Archived