Jets want Jim Harbaugh

JetsFanatic

https://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news/1684820/report-jets-planning-to-make-run-at-jim-harbaugh

Report: Jets planning to make run at Jim Harbaugh
11m ago
Jamie Sabau / Getty Images Sport / Getty
COLUMBUS, OH - NOVEMBER 24: Head Coach Jim Harbaugh of the Michigan Wolverines watches his team warm up before a game against the Ohio State Buckeyes at Ohio Stadium on November 24, 2018 in Columbus, Ohio. Ohio State defeated Michigan 62-39.

The New York Jets are planning to make a run at hiring Jim Harbaugh away from Michigan to replace Todd Bowles as head coach after the season, a league source told Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio.

More to come.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
https://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news/1684820/report-jets-planning-to-make-run-at-jim-harbaugh
Report: Jets planning to make run at Jim Harbaugh Alex Chippin 11m ago Jamie Sabau / Getty Images Sport / Getty w640xh480_GettyImages-1072313856.jpg?ts=1545619595&key=c39c998956c2c3dd8489f05f99054c5496cc67d32829bb6c1df0099a7e146a5a The New York Jets are planning to make a run at hiring Jim Harbaugh away from Michigan to replace Todd Bowles as head coach after the season, a league source told Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio.
More to come.

For the love of god let this happen...

I don't know if we will get him.  I don't know if he's the right guy to get.  What I take from this article is one more piece of evidence that the Jets are going to replace Todd Bowles.  We do need to get it right, but at the very least, we need to do something next Monday.  Thank Bowles and show him the door out.

Just now, nycdan said:

I don't know if we will get him.  I don't know if he's the right guy to get.  What I take from this article is one more piece of evidence that the Jets are going to replace Todd Bowles.  We do need to get it right, but at the very least, we need to do something next Monday.  Thank Bowles and show him the door out.

It only will have a chance of making a difference if Mac is shown the door as well.

Anything else is simply treading water like we have done for my entire lifetime.

This looks like a long shot and honestly I don't want Jim. Jim wears guys out with his coaching style and can't run a modern offense to save his life. Jets are better off getting someone else with whose is well received in the league. I like Dave Toub or Standford's coach David Shaw who always gets brought up as a leader of men.

9 minutes ago, FollowMe said:

This looks like a long shot and honestly I don't want Jim. Jim wears guys out with his coaching style and can't run a modern offense to save his life. Jets are better off getting someone else with whose is well received in the league. I like Dave Toub or Standford's coach David Shaw who always gets brought up as a leader of men.

his team gave up 62 points in the biggest game of the year.  that gives me pause.....

If there's any truth to this, it is simply more typical incompetence by the Johnsons. Sure, good coach, big name. But there is ZERO chance the Jets can land him. ZERO. So what will happen is they will put all their time and energy into another failed venture and in the meanwhile, actual available, attainable quality candidates will go elsewhere.

SOJ.

12 minutes ago, FollowMe said:

Why in the world would the Jets get an abrasive HC who doesn’t even run a modern college offense!!!

Good Grief!!!

5 minutes ago, jack48 said:

his team gave up 62 points in the biggest game of the year.  that gives me pause.....

He also won 49 games in 4 years for a franchise that had won 48 games the previous 8 seasons combined and he completely changed the direction of Alex Smith's career. Before Harbaugh showed up Smith was a bust. Smith has gone on to have a pretty successful career. He would be a good guy to develop Darnold.

Archived