JetsFanatic

Jets want Jim Harbaugh

Im not sure Harbaughs pound it out and play D style is compatible with todays NFL, but id give it a shot if he was made GM as well.

• Like 1

“Big game hunting”

You would probably need to give Harbaugh roster control...and I hope he can develop Darnold in 3-4 years until he inevitably wears out his welcome in NY 

• Upvote 1

Just now, nycdan said:

I don't know if we will get him.  I don't know if he's the right guy to get.  What I take from this article is one more piece of evidence that the Jets are going to replace Todd Bowles.  We do need to get it right, but at the very least, we need to do something next Monday.  Thank Bowles and show him the door out.

It only will have a chance of making a difference if Mac is shown the door as well.

Anything else is simply treading water like we have done for my entire lifetime.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

This looks like a long shot and honestly I don't want Jim. Jim wears guys out with his coaching style and can't run a modern offense to save his life. Jets are better off getting someone else with whose is well received in the league. I like Dave Toub or Standford's coach David Shaw who always gets brought up as a leader of men.

• Upvote 3

I'd prefer him over McCarthy, I like what I've seen out of Brees, Rivers, Luck and Kaep under Harbough

edit - derp, disregard Brees & Rivers thought he was an assistant there but San Diego was college ball

• Upvote 2

Just now, bla bla bla said:

I'd prefer him over McCarthy, I like what I've seen out of Brees, Rivers, Luck and Kaep under Harbough.

When was Brees and Rivers under Harbough?

• Upvote 1

He helped turn around an awful niners team. So he hated their front office and how to deal with players that were in trouble with the law. (Googled it)

It would be an interesting pick.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

When was Brees and Rivers under Harbough?

Derp, didn't realize San Diego was a college when looking at his resume haha

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, FollowMe said:

This looks like a long shot and honestly I don't want Jim. Jim wears guys out with his coaching style and can't run a modern offense to save his life. Jets are better off getting someone else with whose is well received in the league. I like Dave Toub or Standford's coach David Shaw who always gets brought up as a leader of men.

his team gave up 62 points in the biggest game of the year.  that gives me pause.....

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

It only will have a chance of making a difference if Mac is shown the door as well.

Anything else is simply treading water like we have done for my entire lifetime.

If Harbaugh were to come here, Macc would be a memory

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

Is Florio a legit source these days?  Legit question.  I don't follow him/Pro Football talk anymore.

That said, I'm a fairly open minded person when it comes to my sports teams, but I just wouldn't be very excited for Harbaugh.

If there's any truth to this, it is simply more typical incompetence by the Johnsons. Sure, good coach, big name. But there is ZERO chance the Jets can land him. ZERO. So what will happen is they will put all their time and energy into another failed venture and in the meanwhile, actual available, attainable quality candidates will go elsewhere.

SOJ.

and so the anonymous unsubstantiated rumors begin.  Many more to come.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, FollowMe said:

Why in the world would the Jets get an abrasive HC who doesn’t even run a modern college offense!!!

Good Grief!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Also, with Urb leaving Ohio State, I just can't see this being the time that Harbaugh jumps back to the NFL.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jack48 said:

his team gave up 62 points in the biggest game of the year.  that gives me pause.....

He also won 49 games in 4 years for a franchise that had won 48 games the previous 8 seasons combined and he completely changed the direction of Alex Smith's career. Before Harbaugh showed up Smith was a bust. Smith has gone on to have a pretty successful career. He would be a good guy to develop Darnold.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2