Jason Mcintyre: Head Coaching rumors

Jetsbb

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Jason McIntyre: for when Jason La Canfora is a little too brainy for you

I haven't been keeping up with him but two things I know.

1. Jason M is a huge Jets fan

2. Dude got paid when he sold the big lead to USA Today. Got seriously paid.

12 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

If he leaves Iowa, it'll be to go to Cleveland. 

They can’t all be Cleveland’s head coach. I’ve heard like 3 names associated with the Browns so far and I think it’s even possible that Gregg Williams stays. If they somehow beat the Ravens it could even be a slam dunk for Williams. 

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

They can’t all be Cleveland’s head coach. I’ve heard like 3 names associated with the Browns so far and I think it’s even possible that Gregg Williams stays. If they somehow beat the Ravens it could even be a slam dunk for Williams. 

Frankly, I think they’d be pretty damn stupid to get rid of Williams/Kitchens at this point considering their sh*tastic history with coaches and overall performance.

Give Williams the official HC title on a 2 year deal and tell him that if he goes 9-7 or better next year, we’ll commit to you longterm.

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Frankly, I think they’d be pretty damn stupid to get rid of Williams/Kitchens at this point considering their sh*tastic history with coaches and overall performance.

Give Williams the official HC title on a 2 year deal and tell him that if he goes 9-7 or better next year, we’ll commit to you longterm.

The team responded to Williams. Baker responded to Kitchens. They’d be stupid to get rid of those guys. 

13 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I agree. But McCarthy is Dorseys buddy and the job could be his if he wants it.

Matt Campbell is an Ohio guy who started as a HC on Toledo and grew up a Browns fan... don't see him bailing on Iowa State for anywhere else, not when hes becoming a God in Ames, Iowa, will have his pick of jobs in 3 years, and not for a lowball offer of $6M per in NJ, when he makes $3.5M in Iowa (Thats $20M a year in NJ money, lol).

Bruce Arians is NOT going to coach again. Watched his Football Life show, he has health problems and seems tired of the committment of NFL coaching.

I honestly don't see Dorsey retaining Williams no matter what. I think its all lip service. I could see them elevate Kitchens.

John Harbaugh stays in Michigan.

Lincoln Reilly isn't coming out and we don't really want him, anyway.

Look for desperation money bombs to Shannahan and McCarthy, with Wisenhunt the consolation prize. 

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The team responded to Williams. Baker responded to Kitchens. They’d be stupid to get rid of those guys. 

Agreed.  But wouldn't it be so Browns of them.  After 4 wins in the previouos 3 seasons, they finally have something going there that seems to be working.  Would be such a Browns move to blow it all up.

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I have a feeling I will be saying this often the next few weeks:

Is this guy credible?  I don't know who he is.

He’s on Cowherd and Whitlock’s shows pretty regularly and I know he’s a big Jets fan.

But he’s a smarmy little dickhole and  I have no idea if he has any real inside sources.

4 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I used to do that to my cousins in Kansas on purpose all the time. K-State Jayhawks, right?

4 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Iowa State.  Don't ever f****** mistake the two again.

?

My NC State daughter goes through that...  travels a lot and is sick and tired of being asked about "Tar Heels" when in Europe etc.

He reiterated something that seems to be a common theme, the Jets are looking at coaches with HC experience. Although he said NFL HC experience and then put out the name of a college coach. So who the hell knows.

I like this guy. But just like getting a ST guy, we need to be ready to bring in really good coordinators.

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I know, all of a sudden Cleveland is heaven.

Lol - good point.  Since when did Cleveland become the go-to destination for HC candidates?  

I was thinking this. Cleveland will end up having 17 head coaches and create a dynasty. They’ll have to order communication headsets in bulk. 

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Lol - good point.  Since when did Cleveland become the go-to destination for HC candidates?  

Since their starting QB is in a toss-up for offensive rookie of the year, and since they won 5 of their last 6 with interim (and one-time HCing stiff) HC Williams and his old man (not to mention defensive-minded) ways that can never win games?

Maybe it has to do with having the following ready to go (most locked up for the next 2-3 seasons or more):

• starting QB with 3 more cheap years left (plus 5th year option)
  • "#1" WR (more that than anyone we've got, anyway)
  • playmaker RB with 3 more cheap years left
  • solid young, veteran 3rd down back and spot-starter behind him
  • 1st round pedigree TE showing up in year 2
  • 3 offensive linemen arguably each top 5-10 at their respective positions and who are respectively 26, 27, and 28 years old
  • RT about on par with our own, but is locked up at a relatively cheap $7MM per. Plus he's cuttable after the coming year, and I hear that's the hallmark of a smart GM's work
  • one of the game's best young edge rushers and former #1 overall pick
  • one of the game's best young pro bowl ILBs taken ~80 slots after Darron Lee in the same draft
  • one of the game's best young CBs just finishing up his pro bowl rookie season
  • one of the game's best young SSs making less than half what ours makes plus is in line for a far cheaper 5th year option in 2021
  • GM with a proven track record -- a proven good track record, that is

Yeah, why would any HC candidate want to go there instead?

Hey, **** the Browns, but they're no longer an unattractive destination for a HC.

Archived