BREAKING: Jets going to hire Gase

Just now, MasterChiefJets said:

I don't effing believe it. After all of this time, after all of this drama, they hire a coach who lost his locker room and killed Miami. 

Johnsons, sell the god damned team.

Yet most people here wanted McCarthy, whose qb turned on him and who was fired during the season.  

• Upvote 4

This is the best possible choice among all coaches they interviewed. Hey, stop crying already. Do you think McCarrthy would make us #1? Yeah, right. Gase has done a good job in Miami with what he had, he is young, ambitious and exactly what Sam D. needs by his side. I’m happy with this choice. 

1 minute ago, Stella51 said:

This is the best possible choice among all coaches they interviewed. Hey, stop crying already. Do you think McCarrthy would make us #1? Yeah, right. Gase has done a good job in Miami with what he had, he is young, ambitious and exactly what Sam D. needs by his side. I’m happy with this choice. 

Why not just keep Bowles then? Miami still has more talent than the Jets.  We needed a winner not someone that's going to lose and have excuses.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Stella51 said:

Shut up Mehta.

• Sympathy 1

57 minutes ago, yvj said:

I thought he was trying to save his job

He just did.

56 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

As terrible and uninspired as this hire is...

Gase with Aaron Rodgers vs McCarthy with Tannehill... Who knows, right?

#spinzone

Spin is that Rodgers would have been Rodgers without going through the McCarthy QB boot camp. Meanwhile Tannehill didn’t get noticeably better under Gase. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

I just struggle with the way he lost his locker room and got into fight with ownership. 

We just watched what it looks like when a coach loses a team... Why risk that again...

Its not lost on me that two years ago he was a huge favorite but the stuff that came out this year is worrisome, esp with Sam...

Folks act like this didn't happen!!

I was LITERALLY laughing at Miami and Gase when it all happened!  I never took them seriously when he was there despite his winning record against us.

Once again the Jets try and show why they are the smartest folks in the NFL!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1