BREAKING: Jets going to hire Gase

58 minutes ago, CTM said:

Rhule has a buy out

lmao. 

Gase is better than some of the other options, other than the optics of him being Miami cast off

This!

Imagine C Johnson and Mike Maccagnan sitting there thinking about how tough the PR will be, how they'll have to sell this to the fanbase, how they'll explain why they took the coach another division rival didn't want.

At the end, they must have been blown away and thought he's worth the PR pain.

The Jets aren't here to win popularity contests, they're here to win games.  They think Adam Gase is the guy to do it and they think he's better than stale old school guys like McCarthy and new age wonder kids like Kingsbury.

Let's get behind this.  Belichick did a little better in his second HC job than his first.

Go Jets!

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I think Gase could become a very good head coach. The problem is it rarely seems to happen when a hot shot young coach is fired then takes another HC job right after. He probably would have been better served to go to a team as an OC for a couple of years and regroup.

I hope I am wrong and he learned from his experience in Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Sam wanted him...and maybe that's all that matters....

Sam Darnold's opinion is literally the only opinion I care about in the entire building, but he's not gonna say a bad word about ANY of the potential hires. I'm sure he had something positive to say about all of them.

• Upvote 1

Tannehill under Gase

13 wins 11 losses

65.9% Comp

36 TD's

21 Int

93.2 QB Rating

7.5 Y/A

We can all agree that Darnold will be a much better QB than Tannehill so his numbers should be better than this under Gase. His biggest issues were on defense.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Why not just keep Bowles then? Miami still has more talent than the Jets.  We needed a winner not someone that's going to lose and have excuses.

Bowles had no clue as a coach. He was considered defensive guru, but his defense sucked and offense was even worse. McCarthy was a winner when his team had great talent and 2 HOF QB,s. How well his team played last couple seasons? Winner coaches don’t lose with this kind of team. 

And gates beat him this year.  With that crappy roster of his.

Wow! What an accomplishment. He beat Belichek this year. So did Rex in foxboro in the playoffs. Gase had say over that crappy roster. Belichek is an 8 time super bowl attendee. Gase shouldn’t even be on the same field as Belichek.

1 minute ago, kthisguy said:

I think Gase could become a very good head coach. The problem is it rarely seems to happen when a hot shot young coach is fired then takes another HC job right after. He probably would have been better served to go to a team as an OC for a couple of years and regroup.

I hope I am wrong and he learned from his experience in Miami.

He could but as fans we are stuck with this. Hopefully he had a soul search and realizes what went wrong in Miami. People can learn and be better in new positions but this is a pretty quick turnaround after that flop. 

Now I want to know about his staff.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So why wasn't the QB Whisperer able to turn Tannehill around? Was Tannehill beyond whispering? Or is just whisper deficient?

Well, I mean sure he's never actually developed one single QB in his entire career, but... he hung out with Manning after over a decade of him being an all-time great.  That's got to count for something, right?!?

• Sympathy 1

i guess we'll see what happens.  it's wrong to compare the doltfins with the jets.  the doltfins really haven't been blown up and the jets have.  and the doltfins really don't have a good qb.  still they were able to beat the jets twice this past season and even though gase's experience and playoff appearances don't match mccarthy, he's been to the playoffs more in the past three seasons than mccarthy.

now it's up to mac to have a really good draft and bring in some decent free agents.

1 minute ago, Stella51 said:

Bowles had no clue as a coach. He was considered defensive guru, but his defense sucked and offense was even worse. McCarthy was a winner when his team had great talent and 2 HOF QB,s. How well his team played last couple seasons? Winner coaches don’t lose with this kind of team. 

Gase's offenses as HC.

24th, 25th and 31st in his 3 years....that's the offensive guru you love.  Way worse than Bowles defense.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He just did.

Spin is that Rodgers would have been Rodgers without going through the McCarthy QB boot camp. Meanwhile Tannehill didn’t get noticeably better under Gase. 

It’s like you tomshane and dbatesman are the only ones not taking crazy pills. What is wrong with the rest of you??????

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So why wasn't the QB Whisperer able to turn Tannehill around? Was Tannehill beyond whispering? Or is he just whisper deficient?

Tannehill actually played pretty well under Gase when he was Healthy. Go look at my post above.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Skeptable said:

And Tannehill blows and was always hurt... 

And what talent did Bowles have on defense?

I'm not saying I like Bowles, but why not just keep him if going to bring in a losing HC that failed miserably on the side of the ball he was supposed to excel in?

They're basically the same guy.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Gase's offenses as HC.

24th, 25th and 31st in his 3 years....that's the offensive guru you love.  Way worse than Bowles defense.

Good god. Jeremy Bates led offense performed better.

Kyle Shannan did more with back up QBs. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Stella51 said:

I lol'd ?