BREAKING: Jets going to hire Gase

Just now, FidelioJet said:
8 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

I just keep remembering that Bellichik was 36-44 after 5 seasons in his first HC job with CLE.

And then I hope.

No question in my mind right now that Gase is much better than Bowles...is he the answer for the next decade plus?  we'll see.

He ain't 55, he has some NFL credibility/experience as OC and HC.

I'm willing to give the guy a shot.

You back?  Good.

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

The Jets better pray this works. We finally have a franchise QB, a top 3 pick, and all that cap space.  This was the most critical decision since getting Parcells.  I’m not saying McCarthy is Parcells but I think we needed a guy with success and developing a bigtime QB.  

So why not gase then that’s what he’s known for and calls his own plays 

2 hours ago, sourceworx said:

A few days ago I came to the realization that Gase checked every box for us, and made the most sense. He's a young, innovative offensive mind with NFL head coaching experience. And he's a guy that takes no sh!t from literally anyone, unlike Bowles.

It isn't the exciting choice, but I'm ok with this hire.

The optics of it being Miami's cast off is the real bad part. And the fact that McCarthy was openly courting us.

I'm much happier with this than Rhule

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, CTM said:

The optics of it being Miami's cast off is the real bad part. And the fact that McCarthy was openly courting us.

I'm much happier with this than Rhule

Not much of a stretch.  At least Gase has experience. Rhule has a losing record in college

9 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

Oh my God this board. Holy crap what a bunch of miserable sad sacks.

This is ALL about Sam Darnold, that's it. They hired the best guy to develop him into the franchise QB we all think he can be.

He didn't have a QB in Miami. He's a great offensive mind. He's younger.

Stop it. Jesus, what a buncha sad losers. Give him a chance.

DC

And this thread should now be closed. This post says it all.

3 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

First off, something was not right witth MM. i believe he wanted too much control or cash. Something for sure turned the jets off and good for them to listen to their gut and move on. Maybe he just came off as arrogent.

when we got bowles everyone here was having orgasms in their trousers. Why should i listen to you now when you gushed about the worst coach eVER?????

So for the first time since parcells we hire a NON PLAYERS coach. Everyone hated the buddy system from the past. The lack of passion and discipline and accountability. Now you got that covered and you cry.

you got a qb whisperer and you cry

you got an offensive minded coach and you cry

you wanted and younger guy and you cry

a 23 25 record as a rookie coach with a crap team and just 3 years is NOT that bad

i would have to think the jets addressed his temper and arrogance during the interview and he responded in a humble way.

not the worst coach at all. If the guy learned from his abrasive past then lets get to work. Let the staff assemble.

f MM something was just very off about him

F all the college guys. They all fail. Why rish that with darnold?

seems to me the message is the front office wants to focus and scoring points and offense. Why cry?

all i know, after the torture of bowles, i welcome a nasty sob to clean up and scream bloody murder on the sidelines and practice

jetnation rubbed one out when we hired bowles?

i was like, who the royal phuck is todd bowles?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Joe the Breadman said:

So if it's to be Gase then the next question is this....how attractive are the Jets as a landing spot for Leveon Bell as a free agentl or any of Antonio Brown, Mike Evans or AJ Green via trade?

Are the Jets a team that a player WANTS to come and play for vs what we had in Bowles?

Ruined all chances to legitimize this franchise and build any excitement around it.

It is honestly, mind boggling..there really couldn't have been a worse choice.

• Sympathy 1

I just struggle with the way he lost his locker room and got into fight with ownership. 

We just watched what it looks like when a coach loses a team... Why risk that again...

Its not lost on me that two years ago he was a huge favorite but the stuff that came out this year is worrisome, esp with Sam...

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The Jets got their third choice of this hiring process. They missed out on the first because god knows why, missed out on the second because the GM made completely unprecedented demands, and we got the third because he was fired from the Miami Dolphins and nobody else wanted him. Let that sink in.

Remember the line of thinking that we couldn’t fire our GM because then we’d miss out on the top HC choice while all the others hired their choices first?

Good times.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

18 minutes ago, prime21 said:
hThPiv4E_bigger.jpg

It was an exhaustive process that included countless discussions, but I’m told Jets CEO Christopher Johnson took a phone call on Tuesday night from an especially impressive reference who advocated for Adam Gase:

Peyton Manning.

It would be nice if they could bring in Pennington to help out the qb coach.