BREAKING: Jets going to hire Gase

Just now, JetsYanks13 said:

1 You are not a Jet Fan

2. Your only posting here to strike a nerve

3. Geno smith sucks, Mike McCarthy is a super bowl winning coach so please don’t compare the 2.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

McCarthy sucked sh*t since he won that super bowl ask any packers fan how bad he was. God you’re such a ******* idiot it’s like you haven’t watched a football game in 9 years what year was that super bowl like 2010?

• Thumb Down 1

59 minutes ago, MS jets Fan said:

Well if its true then we have to trust Sam he's going to have to deal with this guy more than we will.

Sam loved his HC at USC...kid likes everyone, and he’ll try to do too much to compensate for poor coaching and subpar (or inexperienced) offensive players, leading  to poor play and interceptions.

Sam is the anti-mayfield. Bummer.

43 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

It's not so much anti gase as it is that we had a chance to hire a superbowl winning coach who just got done working with Aaron Rodgers. He would have added legitimacy to the team and he knows what an elite qb does and he has won in this league. They ****ed it up Luke usual. Over thought the whole thing and screwed up with the obvious choice staring right at them

Got it, wanted McCarthy myself,  just thought it was funny that you went berserk,  don't feel bad, appreciate the passion.

Here’s what I learned being a fan of the Jets for 20+ years. 

- Had the Jets hired Kliff Kingsbury, we would have bitches and complained. 

- Had the Jets hires MM, we would have bitched and complained. 

- Had the Jets hired Rhule, we would have bitched. 

- Had the Jets hired Jim Caldwell, we would have definitely bitched and complained. 

I am not crazy about Gase but I am also not as down as much as others are. One thing I do like is he is an offensive minded guy and has had previous head coaching experience. Those two characteristics alone have been the opposite of what we’ve been accustomed too. 

Another thing, if Sam likes it, I love it. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

That's all good if you have any belief or faith that either of them are capable of making the best kind of decisions for this team. And that their being blown away is anything good.

I'm actually kinda convinced that neither of them are in touch with being able to turn this around. Hope I'm wrong and you're right.

Eventually I'll prolly get to where you're at with this. But right now I think all Hope Of Sam is ruined.

That leadership group is from hunger it looks to me.

I'm okay with the hire.  Not enthusiastic about it.  But I'm not buying a flamethrower and heading to Florham Park yet.  I'll give this some time.  Really want to see the intro press conference and hear about the staff being hired.  Those are the next two major events for this team.

• Upvote 1

I don't come here to much but Im not shocked the Jets pass on a coach who developed Arron Rogers won a SB went to playoffs 9 out of 13 years who wanted to coach the pathetic Jets for the second coming of Rich Kotite why after 50 years doesnt it surprise me?

I figured That Mac the worst and dumbest GM ever to run this franchise would pick Kotite 2.0 the same clown who took Hackenberg in the 2nd round and thought he was a franchise QB the same idiot who in his 4 years has drafted only 3 players all who fell to him in the top 5. knowing that this team will never get another shot at an elite coach again . I think this has to be the most painful moment as a Jets fan of 50 years.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

QB whisperer and Offense guru?

QBC for the Lions in 2007. Jon Kitna led the NFL in interceptions.

OC for the Broncos who already had Peyton Manning coming off a PB season under McCoy. For all the records the following season, Gase's offense had no answers for the Seahawks in the Super Bowl, scoring all of 8 meaningless points as the 3rd quarter expired. That season also represented the last Gase offense to finish in the top half in points or top 20 in yards.

Also as OC of the Broncos, and as a former QBC, he surely had a large hand in developing high 2nd round pick Osweiller. Full seasons of molding him on the sideline and practice and the film room, without pressure of being tossed to the wolves. Developed into nothing.

OC of the Bears. Took Trestman's #2 then #23 offense and turned it into...the #23 offense.

HC of Miami. Virtually no improvement for top 10 pick QB Tannehill. At least by the numbers, he was no better than he was under Philbin (or the interim HC and OC for the 12 games prior to Gase's hiring). Miami was about a 20ppg offense in his 3 seasons there. Meh.

Look, at least he isn't going to be a run-run-pass-punt type. He knows the value of passing the ball and not trying to get into the end zone only by first converting 6 first downs on the drive. But outside of a ready-made offense in Denver I'm not really seeing any great accomplishments here that we should get giddy about. No powerhouse offenses that he made from nothing. No QBs he molded from raw into polished. Really not much of anything.

This is the big splash we waited for? We all hope it's the right move, but until then the pessimism is not misguided. Most of the people happy with the hire were this happy or happier when we hired Todd Bowles and referred to him as a defensive genius 4 years ago. 

We'll see. 

1. Seahawks physically dominated that game and the game started with Ramirez botching a snap to Manning.  Not sure what Gase was supposed to do 

2. Osweiler played much better with Gase than without him

3. Bears traded away Brandon Marshall and Jay Cutler decided to retire unofficially 

4. Tannehill stinks.  Still got to a playoffs with him

I have my concerns about Gase specifically I think he has a lot of Mangini in him which is both a good and bad thing.  I’m worried free agents are not going to sign here because of him.  I do think Sam will play well with his coaching 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, BleedGreen92 said:

McCarthy sucked sh*t since he won that super bowl ask any packers fan how bad he was. God you’re such a ******* idiot it’s like you haven’t watched a football game in 9 years what year was that super bowl like 2010?

didn’t he make it to a NFC championship game like two years ago and then go 15-1 the year after?

oh right he did.

26 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

And what talent did Bowles have on defense?

I'm not saying I like Bowles, but why not just keep him if going to bring in a losing HC that failed miserably on the side of the ball he was supposed to excel in?

They're basically the same guy.

Not even close... Bowles is a first time HC... Gase has a history with QBs... He is not a great hire but he checks a lot of boxes that were issues with the Jets.  Especially Locker room sh*t

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m staying just because you said this. You don’t like me and now you have to put up with me.

congrats. You played yourself.

You like a girl whose been cheated on like 10 times and can’t let go. Admit you ain’t going nowhere. Welcome back!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Skeptable said:

Not even close... Bowles is a first time HC... Gase has a history with QBs... He is not a great hire but he checks a lot of boxes that were issues with the Jets.  Especially Locker room sh*t

Gase is definitely an upgrade over Bowles and I think his abrasive no nonsense attitude is what this team needs

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So why wasn't the QB Whisperer able to turn Tannehill around? Was Tannehill beyond whispering? Or is he just whisper deficient?

No, it was injuries, you moron! Tannehill kept injuring his whisperus. (That's the small bone in his ear that is responsible for interpreting QB-whisperer language, for you uneducated folks.)