Cryptic Tweet from Paradis agent

Rhg1084

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Gary Vaynerchuck is Paradis' agent????  LOL, if so.

Vaynerchuck is a long time Jets fan who made a name for himself by managing his father's wine & liquor store called the Wine Library and then went on to become an internet legend with his wine blogs.  He's now some kind of motivating speaker or something of the sort.  He always goes to the draft and he was one of the ones that was chastized for his broadcasted thumbs down when the Jets moved up to get Sanchez during that draft.  

Here he is doing one of his wine blogs for Wine Library.  Notice the Jets helmet?

hqdefault.jpg

Dude, you are completely underselling what Gary has done...and while I liked SowellTrain I'm not even Gary's biggest fan but he's way more than a motivational speaker. Gary spun that Wine Blog/Youtube show into a pretty large media company, VaynerMedia, which employs like 600+ people. As of 2017, his net worth is $160M+. For a guy who has preached he wants to one day own the Jets and we all pretty much would have laughed in his face 10 years ago, he's done pretty well for himself. Obviously him and his brother have now spun that off into VaynerSports as well so who knows where they will be 10/20 years from now. We'll probably be wishing they would buy the team from the Johnson's. 

25 minutes ago, Dcat said:

interesting.  He's a huge Jets fan.  How can he represent Paradis?  Doesn't he have a huge conflict of interest?  You would think a seasoned veteran like Paradis would have a bonafide REAL sports agent and not an internet flash-in-the-pan like WIne Legend Gary Vaynerchuk.  

P.s.  Vaynerchuck is a good guy.  His brother used to go by the screen name "SowellTrain" either here or at JI. 

Not really. The more money his client gets the more money he gets. I know what my position would be, and it isn't low balling my percentage.

4 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Dude, you are completely underselling what Gary has done...and while I liked SowellTrain I'm not even Gary's biggest fan but he's way more than a motivational speaker. Gary spun that Wine Blog/Youtube show into a pretty large media company, VaynerMedia, which employs like 600+ people. As of 2017, his net worth is $160M+. For a guy who has preached he wants to one day own the Jets and we all pretty much would have laughed in his face 10 years ago, he's done pretty well for himself. Obviously him and his brother have now spun that off into VaynerSports as well so who knows where they will be 10/20 years from now. We'll probably be wishing they would buy the team from the Johnson's. 

that's pretty impressive.  And for the record, I LIKE Gary. He's a die-hard true Jets fan and not afraid to speak his mind.  I just can't see him representing a player in negotiations with the Jets.  He bleeds Green way too much.  I wonder if Paradis even knows how much of a Jets fan his agent is.  

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

No, I'm saying he has a conflict of interest.  Well known Jets fan representing a client in negotiations with the Jets? 

Hmmmm... what is wrong with that picture?  I hadn't realized that he moved on from motivational speaking and is attempting to be a sports agent.  He'll need to stop cursing all the time. 

I don't think it's a conflict as long as his clients are aware of it and they feel comfortable that he doesn't put his fandom before their interests. Most people are a fan of some team. Heck, even the guys--and gal--on NFL umpiring crews are probably fans of certain teams.

Oh man that is a sad sight to see....that board is just JetsRule and 3 other posters talking to each other. 

Where is the homie Jetsrule and his posting on random fringe players no one knows

I Miss him lol

Just now, Dcat said:

that's pretty impressive.  And for the record, I LIKE Gary. He's a die-hard true Jets fan and not afraid to speak his mind.  I just can't see him representing a player in negotiations with the Jets.  He bleeds Green way too much.  I wonder if Paradis even knows how much of a Jets fan his agent is.  

to be fair, he's not represented by Gary himself but someone who works for Gary.  

2 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

All of this means nothing to us if he can't get his client to sign with the Jets. Sure it means a nice check to Gary either way but for his relationship with Paradis to work for us we need Paradis signed sealed and delivered!

Then you'll have to wait until 4pm tomorrow 3/13.

If Macc just signs Paradis and call it a day for improving the OL, he's an idiot. He's got enough cash to upgrade RG and RT. Then he can dump Winters and use Shell, who is still on a cheap contract, as a solid backup. Now that Saffold has been signed by the Titans, he's actually starting to piss me off. What happened to building around Darnold?

2 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

If Macc just signs Paradis and call it a day for improving the OL, he's an idiot. He's got enough cash to upgrade RG and RT. Then he can dump Winters and use Shell, who is still on a cheap contract, as a solid backup. Now that Saffold has been signed by the Titans, he's actually starting to piss me off. What happened to building around Darnold?

If the Jets end up landing Bell and Paradis in addition to Osemele and Crowder...how is that not a nice influx of talent around Darnold?

I would’ve signed up for that in a heartbeat prior to FA.

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

If the Jets end up landing Bell and Paradis in addition to Osemele and Crowder...how is that not a nice influx of talent around Darnold?

I would’ve signed up for that in a heartbeat prior to FA.

He could still do more to improve the offensive line.

6 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Who should he sign at RG and RT with all the cash?

25 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

C'mon Ray, If we had signed Saffold, after trading for Osemele , and neglected to go after Paradis or Morse, you and the rest of us would have been rightly apoplectic.  The Jets are approaching this exactly the right way.  They tendered Harrison, insurance policy, traded for Osemele, great get, and went after the #1 center in free agency.  What else could they have done.  If they get Paradis, great. If not there's Wisnewski, or the draft.  In any event they did the exact right thing.  Some things we can't control, how we respond to them is what's important.

Archived