Report: Jets have reached out to Justin Houston (and possibly C John Sullivan)

jetscrazey

uSTADIUM @uSTADIUM 2h2 hours ago

What’s next for the #Jets? They want to find a center and edge defender. @TomPelissero mentions C John Sullivan. #Jets made a call to Justin Houston’s agent when he was released. We’ll see if they can further the talks now that Le’Veon Bell is in the fold.

Houston plus Josh Allen/Bosa could make the Jets one of the top pass rushing teams in the league.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

Good. They need to make adding a pass rusher in Free Agency a priority. Then draft another one 3rd overall. Hopefully the Jets realize that it's not against the rules to have more than one. 

This. Get me Houston and hopefully Bosa. 

Just now, WayneChrebet80 said:

I hate the fact that they didn’t end up with Paradis or Morse, but would feel a lot more comfortable with Sullivan than Harrison or a mid round pick.

We agree to disagree, sir. You mentioned earlier in a post about the Barr fiasco that the Jets asked about things to the league. I responded possibly a draft pick? Is that the case, based on what you know?

5 minutes ago, section314 said:

Yes on Houston, big no to Sullivan. Doubt at this stage he's better than Harrison.

I'd prefer Kalil now that he definitely isn't going back to the panthers, but Sullivan would be a fine signing, at least you know what he is. Harrison could go the way of Long and Wesley Johnson.

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

If they can finish out FA by bringing in Houston, Sullivan/Wisniewski and add a CB like Desir/Callahan...then I don’t think FA could’ve gone much better for the Jets.

Potentially the best FA class we’ve had since 2008

I'd grab Callahan in a heartbeat to replace Buster.

Just now, Sully80 said:

I'd prefer Kalil now that he definitely isn't going back to the panthers, but Sullivan would be a fine signing, at least you know what he is. Harrison could go the way of Long and Wesley Johnson.

Wasn't he going to retire and that's why they grabbed Paradis ?

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Isn’t Bosa a down DE? More suited for the 4-3?

The idea that teams only run one scheme or the other is completely untrue. Besides, in the near future, teams will be basing out of nickel and dime anyways. 

7 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

If they can finish out FA by bringing in Houston, Sullivan/Wisniewski and add a CB like Desir/Callahan...then I don’t think FA could’ve gone much better for the Jets.

Potentially the best FA class we’ve had since 2008

Agreed.  I really wanted Paradis but I dont think he wanted to come to a big city.  Not a big Bell fan but the contract is more reasonable than I originally thought. Love the crowder and osemele moves. Adding mosley was good even if we had to overpay a bit. Get Houston and a C and it will be a big success overall. Plus we have a top 3 pick that may turn into Bosa or someone gets desperate and gives us more picks.  I know many praise Cleveland but we are headed in the right direction

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Isn’t Bosa a down DE? More suited for the 4-3?

He’s more of an OLB but he’s flexible and can play both. Allen is almost a strict 3-4 OLB. However, most teams don’t seem to care about that much more.

5 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

The idea that teams only run one scheme or the other is completely untrue. Besides, in the near future, teams will be basing out of nickel and dime anyways. 

Understood but there’s a reason the Jets have added Mosely for HUGE dollars when they already have two starting ILBs (regardless of what we think about Lee) and why they pursued Barr AND why they resigned Henry (don’t call me Harry!) Anderson.  The Jets predominant scheme looks to be 3-4.  Agree 100% that defenses are now “multiple” and line up in everything from 4-3 to even 2-5, but I think the Jets want Leo and Anderson at DE.  If they draft Bosa it’s because they’re confident they can stand him up for a significant percentage of the time.  JMHO.

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Agreed.  I really wanted Paradis but I dont think he wanted to come to a big city.  Not a big Bell fan but the contract is more reasonable than I originally thought. Love the crowder and osemele moves. Adding mosley was good even if we had to overpay a bit. Get Houston and a C and it will be a big success overall. Plus we have a top 3 pick that may turn into Bosa or someone gets desperate and gives us more picks.  I know many praise Cleveland but we are headed in the right direction

I’m also not sure the big city (Macc) really wanted him.  Has anyone seen a report that said the Jets ever presented a single offer to Paradis?

”It takes two to tango” was the Tweet from his agent.  I don’t think the Jets stepped on the dance floor with Paradis.

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

He’s more of an OLB but he’s flexible and can play both. Allen is almost a strict 3-4 OLB. However, most teams don’t seem to care about that much more.

Thank you.  I had always thought Bosa was more of a Vonn Miller type and almost purely a down, pass rushing DE.

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What’s the old maxim for when you’re taking a long-handled spatula and trying to dislodge the congealed detritus from the nadir of a cylindrical container?

I had to laugh at this, but you are just so douchey sometimes I can't imagine how you are in real life.

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What’s the old maxim for when you’re taking a long-handled spatula and trying to dislodge the congealed detritus from the nadir of a cylindrical container?

I’ll take What Does T0mshane do to himself in his bathroom? for $1,000 Alex.

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It means you need to cut back on the THC levels of your pot.  I think.

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Most normal folks simply use a finger to pick their nose.

Archived