One or more of these players may be moved..

EIGHT OT's  and TWO OC's went in the top 45 picks this year.

If Macc was offered any trade deal that would have netted two picks in the top 45 for the number 3 pick (and perhaps some other later round or picks next yr) he should have taken the deal, even if he would have faced scrutiny for not getting back what he gave up last yr for Darnold.

If Q doesn't pan out to be Aaron Donald, the pick was a waste in our situation....just like taking S's in the top 2 rds in 2017.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Absolutely ridiculous. No way the Jets would trade Shepherd or Fatukusi. Its not like we just drafted them last year and we have some new great potential All Pro defensive  tackle coming in! No way!

4 hours ago, BCJet said:

Why would we move Brandon Shell or Jordan Jenkins.  Young players on their rookie contracts with starting experience.

Sure, lets trade them simply because they were drafted by someone else.

The Jets wouldn’t. The media thrives on these blogs where hysteria rules

• Upvote 1

This is all speculative BS! Omg...calm the f*ck down people. Like someone else posted, other than Darnold this entire roster could be traded for the right price. 

Im starting to think Chris Johnson knows anytime your in the news it's good news. No doubt in my mind in the deadest time for NFL firing your GM was gonna Draw f*cking sharks circling chum in the water. 

Ooh, ooh, the Jets fired a below average coffee swilling former scout so somehow the organization has skidded off the rails into an abyss that they'll never recover from, lol. I just say thank you for Sam Darnold Macc, now get your bags & let someone's else finish the job so we can hang him Times Square after the 2020 draft. 

14 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Maye for a 3rd is reasonable but who do we have to replace him? 

Thats what Macc left us. sh*t depth!

there is the rub.  If he never plays, replacing him is not an option.  You have to start somebody.

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I thought Doug Middleton played OK at times when Maye was out ... but likely won’t see him again lol. 

Middleton gets hurt too though, doesnt he?  He does look good in the pre season but he gets hurt

8 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Trading Shell would be a mistake.  He was one of the bright spots on the o-line last year.

Jenkins isn't anything special but he's a body at a position they'd be thin on if they traded him.

shell is not anything special either.  the fact that the jets are considering unloading a starting offensive lineman (if true) is compelling

25 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

The Shepherd pick was yet another colossal Maccagnan failure.  Another 3rd round one and done player.   Shocking just how bad Maccagnan was at drafting.  Worse than Idzik.  

he always wanted to look like he was finding hidden gold.  A scout's auto-erotic fantasy

1. Trade Jamal Adams (who sucks) and a late pick to the Vikings for Stefon Diggs and Pat Elflein.

2. Trade Leonard Williams to the Falcons for Vic Beasley and a fourth.

3. Trade Robbie Anderson to the Chiefs for a 3 which turns into a 2 if he breaks 1000 yards.

4. Trade a 2020 fourth and sixth for Trae Waynes.

5. Become legends. 

3 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I hope he doesn’t retire soon, besides being hurt a lot, he’s getting close to 30.

Another one of Maccagnan’s patented “old” rookies.

He’s 26. 

Played pretty much every game at Florida until he broke his arm senior year and missed his last 2 games. 

Played every game his rookie season. Last year he got injured. 

He’s not hurt “a lot”. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, BCJet said:

Why would we move Brandon Shell or Jordan Jenkins.  Young players on their rookie contracts with starting experience.

Sure, lets trade them simply because they were drafted by someone else.

Well, everything is always for sale given the right price. Other than that constant, I see no reason to part with those players unless they don't fit the scheme the HC is running? That's a possibility.

17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’d like to use this post to announce that I, too, will sell you my garbage.

Well, objectively and unfortunately you are correct in some cases. I think you should tell the truth that they are not all garbage? But for all intents and purposes, some are GARBAGE.

David Webb is pretty much garbage to us.

Nate Shepard and Foley Fatukasi are probably unknowns?? If it truly takes 3 years on average for DT's to develop (I question that also), then we don't know what we have yet in those two. But it continuously bothers me that Shepard played in almost every game the Jets played last season and unless you looked very, VERY hard you would never have even noticed him on the field? Foley Fatukasi was injured all year, right?

Brandon Shell and Jordan Jenkins are both decent players. I doubt they'll make the pro bowl anytime soon, but they are NFL talent.

Just now, NYJ1 said:

Nate Shepard and Foley Fatukasi are probably unknowns?? If it truly takes 3 years on average for DT's to develop (I question that also)

You literally made up a statement and then put “I question that also” in parentheses after it. 

EIGHT OT's  and TWO OC's went in the top 45 picks this year.
If Macc was offered any trade deal that would have netted two picks in the top 45 for the number 3 pick (and perhaps some other later round or picks next yr) he should have taken the deal, even if he would have faced scrutiny for not getting back what he gave up last yr for Darnold.
If Q doesn't pan out to be Aaron Donald, the pick was a waste in our situation....just like taking S's in the top 2 rds in 2017.
No one was offering us anything for our pick. The raiders reached for a defensive tackle and the giants dug deep to reach for a guy most teams wouldn't have had intrest in as a second round guy let alone a top 10

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app