[Mehta] Exclusive Look Inside the Jets Mess: A secret meeting, a reckless owner and a GM stabbed in the back

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Did you really post a link to a Manish article to generate hits for him so he is encouraged to do the same crap over and over again to the detriment of the team you root for? 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Mehta does realize that the GM & HC he's "fighting" for were 24-40 over their terms?

True dysfunction would've been to ignore those facts and not try to improve the organization

at any cost

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

Owner of team decides to fire crappy head coach and GM, seeks replacements.  That's the essence of it.

The rest of it is just Mehta's tantrum, as he stamps his little feet and pounds his little fists in frustration at being frozen out.

Boomer ripped him up good last week saying he was just bitter because his "inside source" was fired. He's just bitter.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, KRL said:

Mehta does realize that the GM & HC he's "fighting" for were 24-40 over their terms?

True dysfunction would've been to ignore those facts and not try to improve the organization

at any cost

He only cared that he could get "inside" info. Made him the big man on campus. He could give 2 sh*ts about the won/ lost record.

• Upvote 3

So instead of doing his job by heading over to FP and actually reporting on the Jets OTA that was open to the media, he scurried back into his rat hole to write this drivel all day.

Meanwhile, guys like Connor Hughes are putting out quality content reporting on actual football and his observations of practice and reporting on the player interviews.

Spend the $99/yr on the Athletic....it's well worth it.

https://theathletic.com/1001014/2019/05/29/sam-darnolds-strong-summer-continues-and-other-observations-from-the-jets-fifth-ota/?source=dailyemail

Sam Darnold’s strong summer continues, and other observations from the Jets’ fifth OTA

By Connor Hughes May 29, 2019

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — It’s everything you could have wanted to see wrapped up in a golden-armed ginger package. A reason the Jets — amid perceived dysfunction and self-mutilating chaos — wholeheartedly believe they’ve reached the light at the end of the tunnel.

The starting offense lined up against the defense at Wednesday’s organized team activity, No. 2 of three this week. It was the second full-team drill of the afternoon but the first that tasked the offense with driving down the field in a quest for points. Adam Gase dialed up the hurry-up.

Play 1: Sam Darnold took a shotgun snap, looked left and fired a rocket to Robby Anderson for 15 yards.

Play 2: Darnold took the snap, escaped the rush, then dumped one off to running back Ty Montgomery for a gain of a few.

Play 3: Darnold took another shotgun snap, held the ball out for Montgomery, pulled it back, then darted around the outside for 15 yards on the...

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Nothing really groundbreaking here. CJ is involved and it’s a glimpse into why the reporting structure is what it is.

It was obvious the Jets clearly had interest in Jim Harbaugh that immediately nose-dived as soon as it was clear he wasn't leaving Michigan. Though it's hard to sift through a Mehta article because he imbues it with his own awful opinions that he is trying to pass off as fact.

I don't believe the Kingsbury take, I don't think he was ever a real HC candidate for them and they just wanted him as an OC for one of the other candidates they actually did want but that's just guessing on my part.

• Upvote 3

Shorter Mehta: The Jets knew mid-season that they were moving on from Bowles, and were proactively looking into their next coach.  They were also considering firing the GM (big shock, given that he was eventually fired), but didn't tell that to the GM.

Therefore, they are a circus.

What?

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

So instead of doing his job by heading over to FP and actually reporting on the Jets OTA that was open to the media, he scurried back into his rat hole to write this drivel all day.
Meanwhile, guys like Connor Hughes are putting out quality content reporting on actual football and his observations of practice and reporting on the player interviews.
https://theathletic.com/1001014/2019/05/29/sam-darnolds-strong-summer-continues-and-other-observations-from-the-jets-fifth-ota/?source=dailyemail
Sam Darnold’s strong summer continues, and other observations from the Jets’ fifth OTA

By Connor Hughes May 29, 2019   FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — It’s everything you could have wanted to see wrapped up in a golden-armed ginger package. A reason the Jets — amid perceived dysfunction and self-mutilating chaos — wholeheartedly believe they’ve reached the light at the end of the tunnel.

The starting offense lined up against the defense at Wednesday’s organized team activity, No. 2 of three this week. It was the second full-team drill of the afternoon but the first that tasked the offense with driving down the field in a quest for points. Adam Gase dialed up the hurry-up.

Play 1: Sam Darnold took a shotgun snap, looked left and fired a rocket to Robby Anderson for 15 yards.

Play 2: Darnold took the snap, escaped the rush, then dumped one off to running back Ty Montgomery for a gain of a few.

Play 3: Darnold took another shotgun snap, held the ball out for Montgomery, pulled it back, then darted around the outside for 15 yards on the...

I just got the year for 35 dollars. Read his article and so much better insight then the tabloids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Really, that appears to be what the basis is. It actually makes me feel better. they were, for once, trying to work ahead of the curve. I still feel that they are very dysfunctional in reporting structure, but this made me feel one iota better.

Hey Manish, note, when you are ultimately released from the DN, your replacement will already be in tow.

In the article it is mentioned that there were some coaches who (if hired) would have full control of everything, including the ability to fire Maccagnan, if that was their wish. It's also mentioned that Gase is playing a much bigger role in the hiring of the new GM than is being let on. 

If that's true, then it means CJ is aware of the flawed reporting structure.

10 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

It was obvious the Jets clearly had interest in Jim Harbaugh that immediately nose-dived as soon as it was clear he wasn't leaving Michigan. Though it's hard to sift through a Mehta article because he imbues it with his own awful opinions that he is trying to pass off as fact.

I don't believe the Kingsbury take, I don't think he was ever a real HC candidate for them and they just wanted him as an OC for one of the other candidates they actually did want but that's just guessing on my part.

Gase was HC choice #4 or #5, at best. 

Didnt read the article but I get by the responses that CJ is a reckless owner because he was being proactive in finding a new HC when he knew he'd fire the worst Head Coach in the league?  lol   Someone needs to inform Mehta, that this is exactly what will happen if/when Jets fans stop clicking on his sh*t and his new outlet decides to fire him.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Mehta being Mehta.

I also clicked on the link...”Gase denies backstabbing Mac”...or something along those lines. 

Lol, the whole thing was Mehtas skepticism on whether Gase was being truthful about his input and/or influence on Macc’s firing. NO EVIDENCE, NO CONFLICTING FACTS, NO ACTUAL JOURNALISM...Just Mehtas special d bag way of writing that face during an actual conversation when you pucker your lips to the side when you don’t believe what someone is telling you. Real weaselly sh#t. Enjoy the upcoming years and repeated verbal nutpunch while dealing with Gase, Womannish!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

If Kingsbury was their first choice it isn't hard to see it that way.

Sure, if you have a crystal ball and can see the future.

Kingbury Record 0-0

Gase Record 0-0

Looks even to me today.  And my crystal ball must be broken, because I can't tell you the Jets will be better than the Cards in 2019 today.  

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Kingbury Record 0-0

Gase Record 0-0

Looks even to me today.  And my crystal ball must be broken, because I can't tell you the Jets will be better than the Cards in 2019 today.  

Kingsbury is a rookie NFL HC with a losing record in college and he's bringing in a gimmick offense with a hobbit playing QB. 

If we had hired Kingsbury, we'd have drafted Tyler at three and missed out on Q. A horror show avoided.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Gen X Jet said:

The implication from the article is that Schrager was the guy reaching out to Harbaugh on behalf of the Jets. 

Bingo. This schrager dude is concerning. Who is he and why he is shadow-running this team?  

and side note even if we sift through all the garbage and back biting in the article, and once we're all done shooting the messenger, it could be the KK interest and Harbaugh interest turned out to be real. 

for those saying the article made CJ look better it's slightly troubling that 1) they loved KK so much and 2) they couldn't close the candidate they wanted, despite knowing Bowles was toast for a month. and then having a week to look at candidates after Black Monday.

CJ looks Indecisive at best in this article 

at worst the conclusion is correct a GM has to wonder what buzzsaw he's walking into 

those Jets fans who refuse to see this job as anything but awesome aren't thinking like people with other options. Like Harbaugh and KK 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Big_Slick said:

Kingsbury is a rookie NFL HC with a losing record in college and he's bringing in a gimmick offense with a hobbit playing QB. 

If we had hired Kingsbury, we'd have drafted Tyler at three and missed out on Q. A horror show avoided.

it's troubling that the fans have to hope the wishes of the substitute owner are thwarted by fate 

and the alternative Adam Gase is what happens when someone says yes 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Student Rate is $29, might get one and share with my kids...

17 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

It's about time things fall the Jets way; Sam at three, Bell at a reasonable cost, Q at three and Gase and Williams as HC(OC) and DC.

I have a lot of confidence that Gase is going to do an outstanding job.

Accountability seems to be the very first thing he demands and that hasn’t been seen since the last real HC worked for the NYJ, Bill Parcells.  The remnants of the Idiot Maccagnan’s eeny-mennny-Minnie-moo way he put this roster together will be shown the door.

”Do your Job”....that’s what the Patriots demand and it works (yeah I know they have extra help but that’s besides the point), and it’s going to be that way with Gase and Gregg Williams.

Gase’s critics love to say “Peyton Manning had his monster record setting year because he’s Peyton Manning, had nothing to do with Gase”, but that’s only partially true...Gase got 5,000 yards and 50 TDs out of a very old Peyton Manning who had physical limitations.

Gase had an 11-0 record with Ryan freaking Tannehill when Tannehill was healthy, and made the playoffs once, had a .500 record with an injured Tannehill, Brock Osweiler, and Moore as his QBs.  That’s like a race horse being criticized for beating inferior competition but when you see how fast he was clocked it’s not his fault who he ran against.

Gase is going to have Darnold at 4,000+ yards, 30+ TD’s 10 INTs in his 2nd season at 22 years old.

The Jets will make the Wildcard and Mehta will run to try to get a quote from Maccagnan on how he was wronged because he brought the Jets the great Sam Darnold (when it really was Dave Gettleman).

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I have a lot of confidence that Gase is going to do an outstanding job.

The Jets will make the Wildcard  

the vegas over under on wins is currently 7

the wildcard requires 9 or 10 wins 

at some point before the season starts,

go to atlantic city and put your money where your mouth is 

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Its worse than that. Mehta has completely destroyed his own narrative and remaining credibility (not that there was much) with this "story".

Mehta has been screaming about GASE "stabbing Mac in the back" and usurping power and so on for weeks.....and then essentially lays out the assertion that Mac was "stabbed in the back" by his boss, and has been skating on thin ice since last season... so which is it? LOL. 

My guess would be that Gase, who doesn't seem to bullsh*t or sugar coat things, was asked by CJ his opinion of the GMs track record and roster building post draft, answered truthfully, and that was the clincher for CJ to let the FO go. 

Good. 

Can't wait to bring in the next guy. Maybe hell understand the basics of roster building and supporting a QB.

Ha -- also there's nothing in the story about GM backstabbing. CJ wanted to interview Kingsbury and included Macc -- so therefore he backstabbed the GM? 

So weak.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Hiring our 4th choice as Head Coach is things "falling our way"?

Oh no, we didn't get Coach Kliff and his Tumbleweed Tech assistants, or Matt Rhule and his fiery evangelism.... we got the guy who was Sean McVay (who the heck spells McVeigh that way?? Lol) BEFORE McVay was a thing...lol. 

giphy-8.gif.392bfac64b47c70c7366b23d5a475107.gif

All kidding aside, I wanted McCarthy at the time. I advocated why here, and was not pleased they passed him up. But I think we dodged a huge bullet with him... lots of chatter about him since the season from lots of various sources, not much of it positive. Think about it this way....for ANY long term, successful head coach.... it takes years to fully implement a system and culture, build a roster, develop players, foster relationships, and all of that stuff. Imagine doing all of that work somewhere for over a decade, and then go to a new place and face having to do all of that groundwork AGAIN. Thats the reason no Head Coach has ever won a SB in more than one place. Its hard to sustain that energy for so long, especially after being successful for a long duration. Its why Parcells is such a singularity. Its like he enjoyed the building more than the end result.

But anyway, yes, in my opinion the Jets caught a break getting a young, energetic, experienced HC from the offensive side of the room to pair with a young QB, tbqh. 

Get on the Gase train, man! Its gonna be wacky but fun, and maybe explosive (in a GOOD way).

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Kingbury Record 0-0

Gase Record 0-0

2019 Giants record 0-0

2019 Patriots record 0-0

Do you still need your crystal ball?