American Dream Mall To Open In October

American-Dream-Mall.jpg

The long awaited American Dream mega mall has an opening date. Last week it was announced that the mall will open on October 25, 2019. NJ.com has more details and the non retail parts of the mall will be open on Sunday, presumably including game day. The Jets are on the road on 10/27 and 11/3 but the Jets and Giants play at Metlife Stadium on Sunday 11/10.

The American Dream mega-mall will open October 25, according to an announcement from developer Triple Five.

The entertainment and shopping complex — located at the Route 3-New Jersey Turnpike interchange in East Rutherford — will open its doors on a Friday in the fall after many delays.

It will consist of 45 percent retail and 55 percent entertainment. An 8-acre Nickelodeon Universe indoor theme park will contain two record-breaking roller coasters. There will be an 8-acre DreamWorks Waterpark, the first of its kind. The Big SNOW Ski and Snowboard Park will be North America’s first indoor snow sports center. And American Dream will have an NHL‐sized skating and hockey rink, an Angry Birds-themed 18‐hole miniature golf course, a Legoland Discovery Center, an aquarium, a luxury movie theater and more.

Among the retailers that have signed on are Barneys, Tiffany & Co., H&M, Saks Fifth Avenue, Zara and Dolce & Gabbana.

Bergen County’s Blue Laws will keep stores at American Dream closed on Sundays but the entertainment and dining portions will be open 7-days a week.

Dining at American Dream will include over 100 dining and specialty food options including more than 20 full‐service restaurants, a 38,000-square-foot food hall; a Kosher food court; and a 22,000 square foot arcade-style gastropub.

The post American Dream Mall To Open In October appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
kdJnD2_6G8k

Click here to read the full story...

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Isn’t it a little on the nose to build a high-end shopping mall on a literal swamp—after having the project stuck in a developmental quagmire for twenty years due to sketchy mobbed-up trade union ****ery and a cartoonishly corrupt Republican administration—and name it “American Dream”? Especially in a time when nobody actually goes to malls anymore? Seems very Jersey, very 2019 American

Watch season 3 of Stranger things. It will all make sense. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Isn’t it a little on the nose to build a high-end shopping mall on a literal swamp—after having the project stuck in a developmental quagmire for twenty years due to sketchy mobbed-up trade union ****ery and a cartoonishly corrupt Republican administration—and name it “American Dream”? Especially in a time when nobody actually goes to malls anymore? Seems very Jersey, very 2019 American

1000%.  And it will undoubtedly fail in spectacular fashion.

That said, I will probably take the bus from the city to check it out because I am an idiot.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This wouldn't have happened under Biden's watch....oh wait a minute!

Being from the home of the original super mall 'West Edmonton Mall' it will be a cool place to visit a few times and then getting dragged along when relatives from out of town want to see it but eventually it will be a big meh, especially if it is tough to get to.  I think it has been at least 10 years since I went to our mega mall.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Having both Saks 5th Avenue and Banana Republic as options for fresh khaki's two hours before each Jets game is an American dream.

SAR I

Seems a man of your stature wouldn't wear khaki's, no?

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Instead of tailgating which a lot of so called fans hate they can go to the mall before games now. 

Me I will never ever step foot in that place. 

u never know who u might meet at T-GATING  B)..

article-2416397-1BB2CF19000005DC-142_964

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Instead of tailgating which a lot of so called fans hate they can go to the mall before games now. 

Me I will never ever step foot in that place. 

Honestly, who do you know that hates tailgating?

Since the Jets have given me no reason to go into the stadium for the majority of the past decade, I've gone to the stadium on game day multiple times just to tailgate and then head back to the city to watch redzone/the rest of the games.