Will Colts trade for veteran qb?

7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Will they let jacoby take the lead or go with an older option for the year. Feel bad for the fans, go from luck to debating jacoby brisset or trying to get Nate sudfield ?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/andrew-luck-retirement-veteran-quarterback-trade-options-for-colts-including-eli-manning/amp/

Theres no debate, Brisset is their QB 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Will they let jacoby take the lead or go with an older option for the year. Feel bad for the fans, go from luck to debating jacoby brisset or trying to get Nate sudfield ?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/andrew-luck-retirement-veteran-quarterback-trade-options-for-colts-including-eli-manning/amp/

I wonder what we could've gotten for Teddy Bridgewater in a trade with them this year.

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I wonder what we could've gotten for Teddy Bridgewater in a trade with them this year.

Nothing, because he would not have been on the Jets.

He signed a 1 year deal with the Jets before we drafted Darnold.

If we hadn't traded him last year he would have never re-upped with us knowing Darnold would be in his way of a starting job for the next 15 years.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Nothing, because he would not have been on the Jets.

He signed a 1 year deal with the Jets before we drafted Darnold.

If we hadn't traded him last year he would have never re-upped with us knowing Darnold would be in his way of a starting job for the next 15 years.

I knew someone would say something like this.   It was (very obviously) just a theoretical question.  

28 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Nothing colts have brisset... They think he can handle the offense. They are not trading for anything but a backup if anything at all

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, SpankyJohnson said:

This was my first thought. 

Brissett can do more Eli at this point behind that very good Colts Oline. Don't under estimate him, he's in a division with Houston (always overated), Jags, bad Oline could mean bad news for cement shoes Foles, Titans (Mariotta is way overrated). 

Colts can still win that division with a 9-7 record.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, flgreen said:

Got a 3 way trade that might work for everyone.

Jets trade Siemian to NO for a draft pick.  Use Falk as back up.  I like Falk.

N O uses Siemian as their back up and trades Bridgewater to the Colts for way over value.

Everyone is happy

How about we don't do the Colts any favors.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, flgreen said:

Got a 3 way trade that might work for everyone.

Jets trade Siemian to NO for a draft pick.  Use Falk as back up.  I like Falk.

N O uses Siemian as their back up and trades Bridgewater to the Colts for way over value.

Everyone is happy

Except the Colts.

Why would they want Siemian when Brissett is a better QB?

This is a WFAN caller type trade idea.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

This.

In their heart of hearts, I think the Colts FO came to this realization a month ago. We just never realized how bad Luck's injury was.

And how much rehab and pain hes been through over the years, specifically the last 4.  Just think of his shoulder as one year off and thats it but hes been through a lot.  

Dont see how anyone can be dumb enough to not get why he's leaving the game

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Except the Colts don't get Siemian, They get Bridgewater, who is a proven NFL QB in the past.

Maybe it's a WFAN type idea,  but you should work on your reading comp.  :)

Have to ask what exactly has Teddy proven?  He has 2 years experience to Brissetts one.  Kind of similar other than Brissetts never had a career threatening knee injury and I assume is more mobil at this point.  I would think theyre too similar for the Colts to want TB