Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kevinc855

Will Colts trade for veteran qb?

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Will they let jacoby take the lead or go with an older option for the year. Feel bad for the fans, go from luck to debating jacoby brisset or trying to get Nate sudfield 😂

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/andrew-luck-retirement-veteran-quarterback-trade-options-for-colts-including-eli-manning/amp/

Theres no debate, Brisset is their QB 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Will they let jacoby take the lead or go with an older option for the year. Feel bad for the fans, go from luck to debating jacoby brisset or trying to get Nate sudfield 😂

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/andrew-luck-retirement-veteran-quarterback-trade-options-for-colts-including-eli-manning/amp/

I wonder what we could've gotten for Teddy Bridgewater in a trade with them this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they trade or sign a backup but as of now, Brisset should be their starter. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I wonder what we could've gotten for Teddy Bridgewater in a trade with them this year.

Nothing, because he would not have been on the Jets.

He signed a 1 year deal with the Jets before we drafted Darnold.

If we hadn't traded him last year he would have never re-upped with us knowing Darnold would be in his way of a starting job for the next 15 years.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a 3 way trade that might work for everyone.

Jets trade Siemian to NO for a draft pick.  Use Falk as back up.  I like Falk.

N O uses Siemian as their back up and trades Bridgewater to the Colts for way over value.

 

Everyone is happy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Nothing, because he would not have been on the Jets.

He signed a 1 year deal with the Jets before we drafted Darnold.

If we hadn't traded him last year he would have never re-upped with us knowing Darnold would be in his way of a starting job for the next 15 years.

I knew someone would say something like this.   It was (very obviously) just a theoretical question.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simien would actually be a good fit in Indy.

that said god for bid Sam gets hurt we will be turning the team over to Luke falk

pass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Giants should dump Eli since they drafted the second coming of joe Montana. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I wonder what we could've gotten for Teddy Bridgewater in a trade with them this year.

Nothing colts have brisset... They think he can handle the offense. They are not trading for anything but a backup if anything at all

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

Giants should dump Eli since they drafted the second coming of joe Montana. 

This was my first thought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, SpankyJohnson said:

This was my first thought. 

Brissett can do more Eli at this point behind that very good Colts Oline. Don't under estimate him, he's in a division with Houston (always overated), Jags, bad Oline could mean bad news for cement shoes Foles, Titans (Mariotta is way overrated). 

Colts can still win that division with a 9-7 record.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No

 

Colts will play Brissett who is better than 95% of the names mentioned.  Once they lose with Brissett they will tank.  Bomb for Fromm.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I knew someone would say something like this.   It was (very obviously) just a theoretical question.  

Brisset is a younger, better version.

And doesnt carry the health risk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Theres no debate, Brisset is their QB 

Brisset is a good, serviceable QB.   At NC State, he played well.   

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

They should trade for bridgewater.

Brissett is better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, flgreen said:

Got a 3 way trade that might work for everyone.

Jets trade Siemian to NO for a draft pick.  Use Falk as back up.  I like Falk.

N O uses Siemian as their back up and trades Bridgewater to the Colts for way over value.

 

Everyone is happy

How about we don't do the Colts any favors.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How would Ryan Tannehill fit the Colts if he could be had for a mid round pick?  Better run organization than Dolphins,, clearly more talented roster, and Frank Reich is a good coach 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Simien would actually be a good fit in Indy.

that said god for bid Sam gets hurt we will be turning the team over to Luke falk

pass

I would keep Siemian, he is a reliable backup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Theres no debate, Brisset is their QB 

This.

In their heart of hearts, I think the Colts FO came to this realization a month ago. We just never realized how bad Luck's injury was.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, flgreen said:

Got a 3 way trade that might work for everyone.

Jets trade Siemian to NO for a draft pick.  Use Falk as back up.  I like Falk.

N O uses Siemian as their back up and trades Bridgewater to the Colts for way over value.

 

Everyone is happy

Except the Colts.

Why would they want Siemian when Brissett is a better QB?

This is a WFAN caller type trade idea.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

This.

In their heart of hearts, I think the Colts FO came to this realization a month ago. We just never realized how bad Luck's injury was.

And how much rehab and pain hes been through over the years, specifically the last 4.  Just think of his shoulder as one year off and thats it but hes been through a lot.  

Dont see how anyone can be dumb enough to not get why he's leaving the game

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Except the Colts don't get Siemian, They get Bridgewater, who is a proven NFL QB in the past.

Maybe it's a WFAN type idea,  but you should work on your reading comp.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brissett is a veteran.  Its his team for this year.  They are not trading for anyone.  

They will reasses after the season based on his performance.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

They should trade for bridgewater.

Why

 

Bridgewater was never good even before the horrific injury.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I would keep Siemian, he is a reliable backup. 

We cannot put ourselves in a situation that God forbid Davis freakin Webb Hack 2.0 sees the field in actual games

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colts have their starter been in system for what 2-3 years now played well when luck was hurt. They just need a good backup that’s all.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Why

 

Bridgewater was never good even before the horrific injury.  

Dont say that on this board.  Jet fans think check down teddy is joe montana incarnate.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Except the Colts don't get Siemian, They get Bridgewater, who is a proven NFL QB in the past.

Maybe it's a WFAN type idea,  but you should work on your reading comp.  :)

Have to ask what exactly has Teddy proven?  He has 2 years experience to Brissetts one.  Kind of similar other than Brissetts never had a career threatening knee injury and I assume is more mobil at this point.  I would think theyre too similar for the Colts to want TB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes Blake Bortles will end up a Colt before the opener. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

We cannot put ourselves in a situation that God forbid Davis freakin Webb Hack 2.0 sees the field in actual games

Falk will stay before Webb does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I wonder what we could've gotten for Teddy Bridgewater in a trade with them this year.
Probably nothing because we only signed teddy for one season?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...