This one is on Joe Douglas

FlagmanL11

24 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I blame Macc for not resigning Myers.  I said it then, I say it again now.  At least now the fools who argued with me back then understand how foolish they were.  We didn't even spent the money we "saved".

We had a good field goal kicker. he retired. Mac's fault. Maybe Douglass should try and bring him out of retirement. We'd get better results than we will with that center.

36 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Lol...so it’s the GM who has been for 4 months fault?  

I'm sorry, this isn't  a guy that came down with the last drop of rain. We heard all about how this guy learned from the best. I have never in all my years of watching the NFL see a team opt for a two point conversion not because the score dictates it but because you think there is a better chance of your QB putting up points over your kicker. I waa at the game and I was yelling go for 2 after the TD but I was saying it as a joke, then they actually  did it and I was thinking to myself, OMG, they are actually  doing it. 

This is a giant fail. No other way to describe going into the season with a piece of garbage like this. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I'm sorry, this isn't  a guy that came down with the last drop of rain. We heard all about how this guy learned from the best. I have never in all my years of watching the NFL see a team opt for a two point conversion not because the score dictates it but because you think there is a better chance of your QB putting up points over your kicker. I waa at the game and I was yelling go for 2 after the TD but I was saying it as a joke, then they actually  did it and I was thinking to myself, OMG, they are actually  doing it. 

This is a giant fail. No other way to describe going into the season with a piece of garbage like this. 

It wasn't Douglas who traded the pro-bowler though.

Yup. Joe Douglas had no business keeping a team he inherited literally weeks after the draft....he should have flipped the whole team over in a month before mini camp started, voiding all of the contracts Mac signed and ate a $100 mil cap hit ??‍♂️??

Do you guys even read what you type?...man this place sucks sometimes after a loss 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Yup. Joe Douglas had no business keeping a team he inherited literally weeks after the draft....he should have flipped the whole team over in a month before mini camp started, voiding all of the contracts Mac signed and ate a $100 mil cap hit ??‍♂️??

Do you guys even read what you type?...man this place sucks sometimes after a loss 

There were competent fg kickers available.  Douglas went with the piece of crap who was missing chip shots and extra points in preseason games

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Pac said:

I'm more concerned about the Kalil signing..  the line didn't look that bad when Harrison started the last few games last year.  Hopefully Kalil will shake off the rust and start to play better but giving him a guaranteed 9 million and handing him the starting job without a competition was the kind of thing Bowles would have done.

Douglas already ******* up Macc’s playoff roster

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

As inept and broken as the jets are even the jets have managed to fix kicker situations in the past even during the season 

Joe Douglas looks like another God awful Jets GM but he may be even worse than our last 2 dunces

Are you being serious right now?   

It is really JD's fault - he should have force Seattle to release Meyers - and with him dropped in shame he would have signed with the Jets on the cheap and play with a chip on hist shoulder -

- half of this site wanted us to trade for this same kicker. Also, I hate the - if he just hits the extra point or the field goal the game is different.

- Forget the kicking, forget the stupid a$$ roughing the passer penalty on Anderson when the D had them off of the field - the fault of this offense is squarely on the offense and the QB whisperer. Consider this, had the kicker made the FG this offense would have only 2 scoring drives. Sure maybe we win this game, maybe we don't, but in this league scoring 10 points isn't going to win many games. The D forced 4 turnovers in the first half and scored 8 points. Had the offense even showed up, this game should have been a runaway with the Bills packing early.

This loss hurt, but I am more worried about the rest of the season. The D isn't likely to be this hot - the O has to score some points.

4 hours ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Taking someone else’s trash and hoping it is treasure cost this team and fan base a win.  The field goal was one of the worst kicks I have ever seen.  Thanks Joe

Joe Douglas decided to let Jason Myers walk when the team had 100 million to spend?