Browns safety Damarious Randall ruled OUT vs Jets

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

It’s almost like you don’t value the need for a safety....

Randall is better and infinitely more versatile than Adams and Green Bay still dumped him. It’s not that I don’t value safeties, it’s that the league doesn’t value safeties anymore. Consider that Jamal Adams is completely healthy and presumably playing well, yet the whole world thinks the Jets are doomed. It’s reflective of how much of a value-add a run-stuffing strong safety is. Which is to say, negligible. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Randall is better and infinitely more versatile than Adams and Green Bay still dumped him. It’s not that I don’t value safeties, it’s that the league doesn’t value safeties anymore. Consider that Jamal Adams is completely healthy and presumably playing well, yet the whole world thinks the Jets are doomed. It’s reflective of how much of a value-add a run-stuffing strong safety is. Which is to say, negligible. 

Meh... this is kind of a deranged thought process. If you have a great LT, but nothing else, your team is still doomed. Outside of a great QB, every other position, having a really good or great player and a sh*t roster is doomed....

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Meh... this is kind of a deranged thought process. If you have a great LT, but nothing else, your team is still doomed. Outside of a great QB, every other position, having a really good or great player and a sh*t roster is doomed....

Word, but consider this: in order to maximize Adams’ talents, he’d need better CBs around him and more point production from the offense, which requires better QB play, which requires better OL and WR play, which we had literally *none* of when Adams (and Maye) was (were) drafted, which made drafting them at all laughable on its face. It was like buying a stereo system for a car you didn’t have and couldn’t afford. Adams tackle stats are inflated because he’s tackling a lot of running backs in the fourth quarters of lost games, and he’s a huge self-promoter and that’s why he eeks into these Pro Bowls despite the fact that he’s never made a single play that anyone remembers. I make fun of Adams because he’s a spare part on a team that doesn’t have actual, useful parts. Who gives a sh*t how loud the radio is when there’s no engine or steering wheel in the car and the tires are flat? 

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Word, but consider this: in order to maximize Adams’ talents, he’d need better CBs around him and more point production from the offense, which requires better QB play, which requires better OL and WR play, which we had literally *none* of when Adams (and Maye) was (were) drafted, which made drafting them at all laughable on its face. It was like buying a stereo system for a car you didn’t have and couldn’t afford. Adams tackle stats are inflated because he’s tackling a lot of running backs in the fourth quarters of lost games, and he’s a huge self-promoter and that’s why he eeks into these Pro Bowls despite the fact that he’s never made a single play that anyone remembers. I make fun of Adams because he’s a spare part on a team that doesn’t have actual, useful parts. Who gives a sh*t how loud the radio is when there’s no engine or steering wheel in the car and the tires are flat? 

I don’t overly care one way or the other about Adams,  but he’s the least of our problems....

19 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Can get 85-90% of a Jamal Adams any given FA class for reasonable money. No reason to spend top 10 draft pick on one.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

I don’t overly care one way or the other about Adams,  but he’s the least of our problems....

No, Adams is our BIGGEST problem.  

All the other crappy players on defense are inconsequential but one of our very BEST players is clearly the BIGGEST problem.

Can’t make this sh*t up. 

13 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

No, Adams is our BIGGEST problem.  

All the other crappy players on defense are inconsequential but one of our very BEST players is clearly the BIGGEST problem.

Can’t make this sh*t up. 

There's few groups of people more easily triggered than Jamal Adams defenders.

He's neither a problem nor a solution.  He doesn't matter.  It'd sure be nice if he was a solution.

• Upvote 1