Has NFL offense passed Gase by?

WowOhWow

47 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

It seems like Gase is an egomaniac that thinks he’s smarter then everybody and has zero ability to relate to people.

I hated the hire, I still hate the hire but I’m also waiting to see how the team looks with healthy starters. 

Also, appears to blame everyone else but doesn't look at himself in the mirror. I might be in the minority but if Gase is a total disaster, there is NO way he should get year 2. Pay Jim Harbaugh whatever he wants and get a proven coach here for the first time since the damned day that the Johnson's bought this franchise. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

With a third string quarterback against two of the top defenses in the NFL what exactly would you expect him to do? Not give the ball to one of the top running backs in the NFL?  Not let Bell try to break a long one like he has been known to do?

Imagine a world where he let Falk sling it 40 times in a game and had 5 interceptions, you’d be screaming that he was an idiot because he didn’t use Bell enough. 

Be real. It’s a no-win situation. And I don’t understand why anyone is more frustrated this week than they were last week, it’s not like we had any chance to win in New England, that game was a complete throw away.

We are 0-3 because of sickness and injury, it’s simply bad luck. And based on what I have seen there was an extremely strong chance that the Jets would be 2-1 right now if Darnold didn’t get sick and Mosely didn’t pull a groin.

I’m pissed off too, but I’m not blaming a coach in an impossible situation. I’m blaming God.  I will also be thanking God when all of our starters return healthy and the team that we were so excited about in August is back on the field performing at their capabilities.

SAR I

You give God too much responsibility. 

Obviously this team is in a bad spot but that doesn’t excuse Gase for his play calling and that is my point. Give Bell a chance by doing something different on offense. The LBs and Ss are standing 2 feet off the line waiting to kill Bell. If Gase is such a football genius he should be able to do more then the same plays over and over. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Or that was the only time he had a functional qb

anything is possible but when your only success is basically when you had a HOF QB I would lean the other way.

just my opinion. Gase can prove me wrong and I hope he does, i just don't expect it.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Sure.

Or a defensive coordinator that made no adjustments when CJ Mosley got injured. The Bills scored TD’s on two consecutive drives after Mosley’s injury and it was easy, we didn’t even put up a fight.

But nobody seems to go after Gregg Williams.  Because he’s boisterous and flashy.  Smells like Rex Ryan all over again, doesn’t it?  Defense blows a 16 point lead and they blame Mark Sanchez, again.

SAR I

They both suck.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

What exactly is Adam Gase style of offense so far I have seen nothing but dink and doink plays called. 

LOL but that is what Gase is all about, quick short passes, shallow crosses, bubble screens and run the ball.  Our problem is crossing patterns take time to develop and our OL cant protect long enough, and screens require agile OL which we dont have.

49 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who had mono, who had all the symptoms 

assdfsd.jpg

And FYI, against Buffalo, Sam Darnold had a pretty good day. 

Sam completed 28 throws (most in a game in his career) for a 68.2% completion percentage (11 points higher than his average) and a 84.9 QBR (7 points higher than average).

Sam actually played well against a tough defense.  Doing enough to win and scoring a big TD and 2pt Conversion in crunch time which wouldn't have been necessary (lousy K) or would have held up (lousy Q4 D).  All with an energy-draining illness.

So this Gase myth can stop now.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

One of my favorite parts of the debate when scheme conversations come up is the "all teams run the same plays" crowd.

I watched Andy Reid and the Chiefs run a play action with a 5 wide empty back set in one of his games this year but yeah, he's not an innovator play caller/designer....he's running the same stuff as everyone else. 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

I didn’t respond to you in this thread, you responded to me. 

My post was intended for those looking for Adam Gase’s head because he’s failing with a third string quarterback.

SAR I

I want to be clear.  I completely understand the hand Gase has been dealt.  I get it.  I understand it.  100%.

That said, I still want him gone.

I don't believe he is the person to lead this team.  Nothing in his record indicates that.  

• Upvote 1

We watched Gase generally out coach Bowles for three years, so I was not opposed to the hire.  Gase seemed like a better bet that Kliff Kingsbury or Mike McCarthy for different reasons.   I do think it is harder to hire a credible coach when the organization is a mess, and my guess is that the NFL community was well aware of the Jets’ roster and Mac’s failures.   So, all factors considered and the fact that Gase was the impetus for getting rid of Mac (although late), his hire was up until Opening Day a net positive.  

I for one did not want Mac drafting unsupervised in 2019, but maybe it was that draft that convinced CJ that Mac had to go, although the damage done was pretty substantial and will take years to fix.  

But to my amateur eye, Gase does not appear to be coaching anyone well or relating and communicating with players and the media effectively.  Even taking into account sickness or injury.   This is not a well-run football team by any standard.   It appears to be below acceptable.

But, assuming the season is lost (which I would say it is), to me Gase has the end of the year to show he can coach this team.  They can lose the next 13 games, but they have to look better than they look now.  Douglas basically gets a Mac-like 3-4 year trust me run.  Gase’s leash is shorter.   There is a lot at stake for Gase, because if this does not work out, he is an OC or worse for a long time.  

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

WhyOhWhy does the OP feel the need to post 6 anti-Gase threads per week?

WhenOhWhen will it stop?

WeOhWe get it.  You don't think Gase is the right guy.

Some of us are actually going to WaitOhWait until he has a chance to regroup before making a final decision.

Because Macc is gone.  If he was still here I'd be screaming from the mountaintops that he needs to go.  Bad is bad.  Regardless of how short or long the tenure or grace period should be.  I don't need 3 years.  He is what he is.

Believe me.  I've dropped enough cash and time into this team to cover many sorry @ss posters on this board.  I've put up.  I feel very comfortable offering my take.  

Gase sucks.  Expect more threads.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

10 days from today.  Rested, heathly and facing the 29th ranked defense against the pass.

No excuses.  Get it done!

Heres the thing - whatever is wrong with the Eagles will be fixed for the Jets game. It always seems to work like that. If they have injured receivers those receivers will be back. If they have secondary issues those issues will be fixed. We cant block their D line anyway. 

It infuriates me that Gase is thinking about the punt on 3rd down. Wtf is he thinking? We aren't allowed to convert a 3rd and 10? For a first down? Wtf is he doing calling plays that maximize 3 yds when we need 10 or more. That's not on the QB, whatever string he is.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Awesome writeup.

Copy and paste it somewhere and if in 4 weeks time our offense looks terrible with all the starters back and healthy then we can have that conversation.

As of now, we haven’t seen the 2019 New York Jets offense. We have seen a third string quarterback bumbling his way through a couple of games without embarrassing himself too much.

SAR I

We’ve seen all the individual players. This isn’t a collection of talent that’s conducive to consistently producing offense at the NFL level unless the quarterback is elite and he hasn’t proved to be there yet. I do think he’s capable of elevating the supporting cast which is huge but Douglas needs to improve that group next offseason.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, TNJet said:

It infuriates me that Gase is thinking about the punt on 3rd down. Wtf is he thinking? We aren't allowed to convert a 3rd and 10? For a first down? Wtf is he doing calling plays that maximize 3 yds when we need 10 or more. That's not on the QB, whatever string he is.

Gase hasn't played conservatively all season with a sick QB, a third string QB.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

WhyOhWhy does the OP feel the need to post 6 anti-Gase threads per week?

WhenOhWhen will it stop?

WeOhWe get it.  You don't think Gase is the right guy.

Some of us are actually going to WaitOhWait until he has a chance to regroup before making a final decision.

Bigger question, why does he feel the need to start threads

No the league figured him out ???

nobody is doing anything that hasn’t been done before. QBs were the teams leading rusher for decades 

everybody has tape on everybody 

its about knowing your team and adjusting and self scouting and wrinkles 

gase has unrealistic views of his roster and hasn’t adjusted to the interior line being pathetic. 

not actually better than the nfl passing him bye lol but the nfl goes in cycles 

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Mahomes, McCarthy, Watson, Allen, Allen, Adams, Williams, Darnold, mono, the oline, injuries players etc etc have nothing to do with Gase calling a bad game. 

Fair point.

If you're Adam Gase what plays do you call when you have Luke Falk behind an underperforming OLine and trying to get the ball out to "weapons" like Josh Bellamy against some Top 10 NFL Defenses?

Just curious about the "scheme" and play call that keeps our QB upright long enough for him to use his underpowered arm to get an inflated oblong piece of leather down the field to a slow WR.

29 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Isn't this OP the guy that posts "If __X__ were available, would you want him for head coach?" every other day? 

Do you have anything to contribute to the discussion around whether NFL offense has passed our supposed offensive genius HC by?

Or do you actually feel your post adds anything to this discussion?

This is a great site. A great place to discuss our Jets.  Go find another thread.  

In fact, why don't you start one?  I'd be curious what you could come up with...

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Just look at the QBs he had... Just saying

right, i won't argue that. the bigger point is Peyton Manning could have had no OC by the time he was in Denver he was a coach on the field.

Maybe Gase is good with a top tier QB, which I would think any OC would be. Maybe Gase is just an average OC that thrived with a great QB. It's completely plausible. 

Im not discounting your comment, I agree he's had low level QB's and some played their better football. Like I said I hope Gase proves me wrong.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Fair point.

If you're Adam Gase what plays do you call when you have Luke Falk behind an underperforming OLine and trying to get the ball out to "weapons" like Josh Bellamy against some Top 10 NFL Defenses?

Just curious about the "scheme" and play call that keeps our QB upright long enough for him to use his underpowered arm to get an inflated oblong piece of leather down the field to a slow WR.

Bellamy is the only WR on the team? That explains why Gase only runs up the middle and calls draws/delays and dump passes to the RBs. 

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, New York Mick said:

It seems like Gase is an egomaniac that thinks he’s smarter then everybody and has zero ability to relate to people.

I hated the hire, I still hate the hire but I’m also waiting to see how the team looks with healthy starters. 

You've been saying this same thing for 8 months and nothing we've seen from him says you're right.