Sabo Breakdown: Adams and Maye vs. Dallas

vtbx

y

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Do you guys remember all those seasons of wondering why we always gave up 1st down in 3rd and 6 situations?  We couldn't cover a TE across the middle to save our lives?  It was because our Safeties were not very good.  

Do you remember guys named Brodney Pool, Yeremiah Bell, Marcus Gilchrist,  Dawan Landry?  Neither do I.  I do remember Calvin Pryor unfortunately.  I do not miss any of them right now.

yes, and I remember the knock on Pryor was that he took the wrong angles.  Now I see what that means, with Maye taking the right angles.. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

29 minutes ago, vtbx said:

I honestly felt Maye had a better rookie year than Adams so I'm not surprised how well he is playing now.

I thought the same thing actually.  Maye has been great this year. Obviously injuries have slowed him down in previous years, so It's nice to have him healthy back there making plays.

I hated Macc so much when he drafted back to back safeties. I didn't understand it. (Still boggles my mind a little) I was screaming for dalvin cook there. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I thought the same thing actually.  Maye has been great this year. Obviously injuries have slowed him down in previous years, so It's nice to have him healthy back there making plays.

I hated Macc so much when he drafted back to back safeties. I didn't understand it. (Still boggles my mind a little) I was screaming for dalvin cook there. 

So was I. I still am

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Agreed.  I knew Maye played a hell of game but watching it on film like this, you're exactly right.  He made quite a few TD saving plays an did it with instinct, fundamentals, technique and athleticism.  

On the flip side, Jamal Adams is ******* beast.  Holy sh*t is that dude good.  

No kidding. Hell of a piece of film right there.. I waddle away impressed. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, nycdan said:

Do you guys remember all those seasons of wondering why we always gave up 1st down in 3rd and 6 situations?  We couldn't cover a TE across the middle to save our lives?  It was because our Safeties were not very good.  

We still struggle on throws over the middle.  Maybe not so much the underneath crossing routes but certainly on the intermediary throws. 

16 hours ago, David Harris said:

Really illuminating. You see Maye making tackles 10 yards down the field on tv and you’re not impressed but this analysis really shows how many TD’s he single handedly is saving because of his instinctive technique and angles.  

the snark in me wants to say how we have the best tandem at the 2 least important positions but this def makes me appreciate just how good our safeties are 

Well, if it were not for the level of play of our safety duo, we would have certainly been looking at 0-16 with the CBs we have. These safeties are masking how bad our CBs are. When your only CB that is good is the slot CB, you better have good safeties to compensate for that.

• Upvote 2

everyone knows this is a complimentary dynamic duo — they simply havent played enough games together since coming into the league. 

maybe needs to stay healthy. if he does he’s an ed reed type. combine that with adams — a polamalu type, and you have a potentially HOF duo.

it’s just about staying healthy — and a pass rush, from inside for edge.

• Upvote 1

Great plays the past few games Jamal. Just be humble and stop always trying to be on the camera for attention. In order for you to constantly be on camera we need to see forced fumbles, interceptions, sacks a pick 6 and a fumble recovery for a TD. At safeties and at CBs we need a ballhawk.

For the amount of talking you do Maye has made as many plays as you playing less games. He doesn't dance around like you after making every tackle. Act like you been there before kind of like Berry Sanders did back in the day. You act like you're a hall of famer already. Please Jamal the jets won that last game because of Sam's return. You are a bandage to our team . not worth a large contract like game changers get. This is Sam's team he's the face of franchises. The only few safeties I can remember being the face were Dawkins, Reed, Sean Taylor, Polumalo. You aren't even close to them at all.

At the 6:30 or so mark I thought of @Beerfishwhen they show Adams and the 4th down tackle he claimed Adams had no impact on.

Got the same feeling watching One Jet Drive when Greg Williams also needed to check with the Adams haters as he apparently doesnt know what hes looking at.  

LOL

• Upvote 2

Who cares if Adams is animated, talks, and celebrates making plays....the guy makes plays and is clearly making an impact, that's all that matters.

And for the idiots that complain he hasn't led us to the playoffs, or made the final play to close out a game until this past Sunday don't have a clue what the hell they're talking about.

ITS A TEAM GAME. Other than QB (and even they are heavily reliant on teammates)no player has that huge of an impact on a teams success that they can single handedly lead a team to the playoffs....

Swap Adams with Rod Woodson, Ed Reed, Ronnie Lott, etc and guess what? Last years Jets still don't make the playoffs. So I guess they suck and aren't worth having on the team either.....ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Meant to write this in my original post till I got side tracked responding to ignorant takes....but it's awesome to have Maye healthy and see the plays he's been making.

Thanks to the OP for posting that video....the guy who broke the film down is awesome at what he does!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk