CBS mock draft have the Jets taking a DE in the first LET THE JETS DRAFT CIRCUS BEGIN

DRJETS

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Actually not true. Go back and look at the sack leaders and also see how many of them are SB champions. Obviously top drafted players are better but without an oline and QB the team is useless. 
After watching this season and the last I don’t know how any Jet fan would want the team to do anything but fix the oline and offense first. 

What's also frustrating is watching opposing QB's have enough time to have dinner while we get zero pressure. We haven't had a legit edge rusher in 15 years. 15 damn years. I have no problem taking Chase Young with our top pick. Pick offense the rest of the draft and FA. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

What's also frustrating is watching opposing QB's have enough time to have dinner while we get zero pressure. We haven't had a legit edge rusher in 15 years. 15 damn years. I have no problem taking Chase Young with our top pick. Pick offense the rest of the draft and FA. 

This is a reason why not trading Adams was so frustrating.  The Jets could theoretically draft Chase Young and 2 starting OL in the first three rounds, if they had more picks in round 1. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, SR24 said:

It's Chase Young he's got 13.5 sacks in 8 games and is the best edge rusher to come out since Myles Garrett. Would be a good pick especially If we can ship Adams for a 1st rounder 

It’s amazing how many people here will never learn. I wonder how many people complaining about all the DLinemen this team has taken were praising them when first picked. Now they want yet another one. 

it’s utterly ridiculous how dumb not just this team is, but the fans as well...

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, varjet said:

This is a reason why not trading Adams was so frustrating.  The Jets could theoretically draft Chase Young and 2 starting OL in the first three rounds, if they had more picks in round 1. 

In theory they can keep Adams draft young and get 2 starting ol in first 3 rounds. We have 2-3round picks. 

1 minute ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

It’s amazing how many people here will never learn. I wonder how many people complaining about all the DLinemen this team has taken we’re praising them when first picked, only to then want another one. 

There is a VAST difference between taking an outside pass rusher vs taking a DT or 3-4 DE.  The positions and impact of good players there are entirely different.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I’d rather protect Darnold and get him playermakers first then worry about the passrush. If Darnold has another year like this he’s probably done and having a passrusher will be useless since they’ll be looking for another QB. 
 Bosa and Allen, before that it was Chubbs, before that is was Garrett and Thomas, before that it was Bosa and Flowers, before that Williams and Beasley, before that Clowney, Mack and Barr. Etc etc. 

It seems like every year there’s a handful of college players that look like great passrushers. I think they’ll be ok waiting till the following draft to get one. 
Fix the online and offense. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

I mean Chase Young is an elite pass rushing prospect. I’d prefer OL or Jerry Jeudy but this wouldn’t be a pick anybody can bash. This is an immediate 10+ sack a year type of player.

If you pass onThomas, Sam will continue to get sacked, probably 10 times a game.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I’d rather protect Darnold and get him playermakers first then worry about the passrush. If Darnold has another year like this he’s probably done and having a passrusher will be useless since they’ll be looking for another QB. 
 Bosa and Allen, before that it was Chubbs, before that is was Garrett and Thomas, before that it was Bosa and Flowers, before that Williams and Beasley, before that Clowney, Mack and Barr. Etc etc. 

It seems like every year there’s a handful of college players that look like great passrushers. I think they’ll be ok waiting till the following draft to get one. 

You can still pick an elite edge rusher like Young and focus on the the OL and offense throughout the rest of the draft and in FA. 

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

The only OL worth taking where the Jets will most likely be picking is Andrew Thomas.

In this scenario, he’s already off the board.

I’m not reaching on someone like Tristan Wirfs or Walker Little in the Top 5 vs taking a guy who rivals Myles Garrett as the most dominant edgerusher to come out of college in the last decade. 

If Thomas is gone, I’d rather just re-sign Beachum to a 1 year deal and build up the rest of the OL through FA and the late 1st (if we trade Adams)/2nd/3rd rounds of the draft.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

The only OL worth taking where the Jets will most likely be picking is Andrew Thomas.

In this scenario, he’s already off the board.

I’m not reaching on someone like Tristan Wirfs or Walker Little in the Top 5 vs taking a guy who rivals Myles Garrett as the most dominant edgerusher to come out of college in the last decade. 

If Thomas is gone, I’d rather just re-sign Beachum to a 1 year deal and build up the rest of the OL through FA and the late 1st (if we trade Adams)/2nd/3rd rounds of the draft.

We made that mistake last year. Need to trade down even at cents on the dollar and accumulate offensive pieces.

18 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

It’s amazing how many people here will never learn. I wonder how many people complaining about all the DLinemen this team has taken were praising them when first picked. Now they want yet another one. 

we’ve needed an edge rusher for like 14 years, guys a pure edge and he’s elite. Guys a legit headman candidate as a DE. This draft is also loaded with OL talent we can still improve our line with the 3 picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Especially knowing we’re going to have like 75+mil in cap space which will definitely be used to bring in OL talent as well. Take the Young and watch him and Quinnen tear lines apart for years to come. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

THIS.

Reallly good point. In this scenario this becomes very appealing. You got a dominant edge rusher and can go oline with the 1st rounder you get for Adams.

Two immediate starters.

All they need is 4 more offensive lineman and two starting corners and they are all set lol.

That's why it's going to take at least two and probably three years for Douglas to build a competitive team. He can't get it done in one season, sit back and enjoy the ride.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Y3k said:

We made that mistake last year. Need to trade down even at cents on the dollar and accumulate offensive pieces.

Last year was the year to do that.

I’m not trading down with a truly special player at a major, premium position of need staring me in the face unless I get blown away with an offer.

As others have pointed out, we haven’t had a true presence off the edge since we traded away John Abraham 15 years ago. 

How many Sundays have Jets fans collectively b*tched about opposing QB’s having all day to throw throughout that period?

Way too many.

Not to mention that if we trade Adams for, let’s say, a 1st and a 3rd (which I think is entirely possible), we would then have two 1st rounders, a 2nd and three 3rd rounders on the first two days of the draft.

No way in hell I would pass on a talent like Young in that scenario. That gives you plenty of resources to work with, especially coupled with the roughly $54 million in cap space we’re projected to have.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, New York Mick said:

If they’re giving up on Darnold then they have to draft a QB. If they haven’t given up on him then they have to draft oline and playmakers on offense. 

Gase and Douglas took their jobs *because* the Jets had Sam. There is no way in Hell they've given up on him.

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Hmm..

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Huh.

Really?

You don't say!

I've heard this before....

If you say so!

#RationalThug

• Post of the Week 1

Either way I just love the offseason. It’s my absolute favorite time of the year!

Let all these dumb fans watch boring football games on the field with good teams.

I much prefer having a top 5 pick and talking about all the potential trade scenarios and players we can get. Oh how I love free agency. All those legendary players at the end of their careers coming here to die rich men. That’s what I love. Speculation !

Last years offseason was epic!!!

NY Jets !! Off season dynasty!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

If you say so!

Cute , but not one of those guys played a premium position like edge rusher ...and not one of them is in the same stratosphere as this kid as a prospect...he’s a generational talent ..big mistake passing on this kid to satisfy the fan base . 

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

And just about this entire board told me the same thing about QW, Leo, Sheldon etc..

Every year we hear the same sh-- - these are can't miss prospects - we would be crazy to pass up on them etc..

I call BS - I know it's not sexy but take OL and build an offense..let's try and score point for once.

None of those guys were pass rushers. Nick Bosa and/or josh Allen would’ve been great picks this year

and nobody said that about Sheldon. Leo and QW yes.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DRJETS said:

If we take another DL in the first round again, we are definitely cursed forever.  How stupid this franchise, I really dont think they are capable of taking an offensive player in the first round.  I dont freaking care if the guy is projected a late first round just take one.  Maybe just maybe since everyone is expecting this circus of a franchise to take another defensive player, they will go offense to fkkk with our mind. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-jets-pick-chase-young-raiders-stop-jerry-jeudys-slide/

Young is arguably the best player in the draft

Would you have been upset if we had drafted Nick Bosa over Jonah “Mr IR” Williams?

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

we’ve needed an edge rusher for like 14 years, guys a pure edge and he’s elite. Guys a legit headman candidate as a DE. This draft is also loaded with OL talent we can still improve our line with the 3 picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Especially knowing we’re going to have like 75+mil in cap space which will definitely be used to bring in OL talent as well. Take the Young and watch him and Quinnen tear lines apart for years to come. 

We can draft Young and still sign a Castonzo

Not to mention maybe Douglas grows a brain and traded Adams for a first then we draft BOTH Chase Young and Andrew Thomas

0D570A9A-E64A-4B7F-A4A8-84D5AA01B3C8.jpeg.f0877d35629da951aad27330bb07ebbf.jpeg