season with it a couple of issues come up:
- He hasn't been the greatest but credit to him for probably being
the toughest
- Winters playing with a blown shoulder shines some light on the
Osemele situation.  It doesn't make the team look good but they
probably said, "Winters is playing with a blown shoulder, can't
you play with a tear?"
- Will the team take Winters sacrifice into account and actually
bring him back next year?  Maybe on a cheaper deal?
The are all reasonable speculations ... But at this point speculation. I wonder if we will ever get the full scooping the training staff problems.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, KRL said:

If Winters actually blew out his shoulder in camp and played half a

the toughest

you play with a tear?"

If the goal is to make the team better......no chance.

• Upvote 2

Just now, KRL said:

the toughest

you play with a tear?"

No he’s physically shot, i’d only keep him on vet min.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Winters has played very hurt for most of his career. When healthy, he has been almost decent.  

what is said is they the Jets best choice for RG the last four years has literally been someone with torn critical muscle groups. Winters has played guards with injuries most of us would not be able to do our desk jobs with. 

Dakota Dozier or Compton could not have filled in?

I am telling you-I really believe the Johnsons make the HC play anyone making over $2mm/year.  Too much strange stuff happens with this team. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, varjet said:

Winters has played very hurt for most of his career. When healthy, he has been almost decent.  

what is said is they the Jets best choice for RG the last four years has literally been someone with torn critical muscle groups. Winters has played guards with injuries most of us would not be able to do our desk jobs with. 

I am telling you-I really believe the Johnsons make the HC play anyone making over $2mm/year.  Too much strange stuff happens with this team. 

Yeah.  That's a good question.  Playing with a torn shoulder muscle for half a season is reckless and unnecessary.  You still have to play well and Compton was more than able to step in.  I mean, I think what Winters did take more guts than I'll ever have.  But you have to wonder about the unspoken policy regarding injuries in light of how Osemele treated his surgery and now Falk's grievance.  It cant be a wonderful locker room to be hurt in and wonder about your future.

• Upvote 1

Fair to think they'll move on from Winters.  We should go all in
on Brandon Scherff in free agency.  And then I wouldn't mind if Douglas
goes after:

Jack Conklin (TEN) http://www.nfl.com/player/jackconklin/2555279/careerstats

Kyle Long (CHI) http://www.nfl.com/player/kylelong/2539933/careerstats

Long has been banged up so an incentive based contract could keep his 
price down.  Then use two draft picks for a LT and C and you should have a
solid group to battle for starting positions next year:

LT draft pick
Conklin
Edoga

Scherff
Long
Lewis

C draft pick
Harrison

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, KRL said:

the toughest

you play with a tear?"

Winters deserves credit for what he did and also explains his job performance.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Winters deserves credit for what he did and also explains his job performance.

Winters was doing a job and getting paid big money. If you were doing a mediocre job at your workplace and being paid well, than someone better then you comes forward, what would happen to you? This is a business and you improve any way you can, you don't let personalities get into the equations. It is your way of thinking why this team is the way it is. Lets just keep every under performing player on this team, unbelievable.

giphy.gif

I hope to never see him in a jets uniform again, to be completely frank. If he has played all season injured, then his decision has hurt the team, exposed our young QB to constant pressure and limited the development of players who need reps. I couldn't care less about his ego or wallet, just want him gone at this point. When you're as effective as a human turnstile, all the positive attitude in the world isn't going to help. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

58 minutes ago, Eaton Beaver said:

Winters was doing a job and getting paid big money. If you were doing a mediocre job at your workplace and being paid well, than someone better then you comes forward, what would happen to you? This is a business and you improve any way you can, you don't let personalities get into the equations. It is your way of thinking why this team is the way it is. Lets just keep every under performing player on this team, unbelievable.

giphy.gif

All I said was that explains his job performance. Where did I say I wanted to bring him back? I gave him credit for giving it his best shot. Of course we should proceed for what’s best for the team.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, section314 said:

If the goal is to make the team better......no chance.

Agree.   You can get an upgrade in rounds 5 - 7 if your scouting is competent.   

Another thing I have been thinking about.  Winters got hot under the collar during a game and  yelled at Darnold. Not usual to have an under performing guard yell at the QB even if the QB is the one that blew it.  I'm guessing that Darnold and or the CS must have been getting on Winters big time during practice and behind closed doors. Might be why he wound up blowing his top.  I don't think they are happy with him.   He's gone. 

Just now, slimjasi said:

I think they move on from Winters, but I respect his effort and toughness 

yes.  they need at least 3 new starters on the OL next year.  i'm assuming that the first round pick will be a LT, there are a few coming out worth taking.  they'll probably spend on a center finally and then they'll acquire a guard either FA or in the draft.  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, varjet said:

What about CJ Measly?  Otherwise, I agree.

3 hours ago, David Harris said:

It looked like a repeat should dislocation which they popped back in on the field. He’s had them before, easy to fix but now that joints loose increasing chance it could happen again- maybe will need a surgery to tighten it up. 

I already didn’t think he’s be a jet beyond this year

I dislocated my shoulder playing football in 1978. Back then the surgery was brutal so I opted not to get it. I've dislocated it since like 6 times since mostly when I was young & foolish, fight, diving off a bridge. I put it back in myself by holding my hand, laying on my back, getting really relaxed & pulling my arm up until my hand is at 12:00 o,clock & it slips back in. 

It's very painful when your shoulder is out, but when that bad boy slips back into place, peaceful bliss. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Winters seems to play with debilitating injuries & he's always been average. With these injuries, below average. A tough guy that did not want to lose his starting job, but I've been disappointed with this guy for years. Just another BEST OF WHAT WE DRAFTED guy that was overpaid because well....we have to pay someone. Bad drafting team, that's the bottom line always.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Winters seems to play with debilitating injuries & he's always been average. With these injuries, below average. A tough guy that did not want to lose his starting job, but I've been disappointed with this guy for years. Just another BEST OF WHAT WE DRAFTED guy that was overpaid because well....we have to pay someone. Bad drafting team, that's the bottom line always.

It was the HC's job to bench him and replace him if he was not playing well, whether injured or not.  

9 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Yeah.  That's a good question.  Playing with a torn shoulder muscle for half a season is reckless and unnecessary.  You still have to play well and Compton was more than able to step in.  I mean, I think what Winters did take more guts than I'll ever have.  But you have to wonder about the unspoken policy regarding injuries in light of how Osemele treated his surgery and now Falk's grievance.  It cant be a wonderful locker room to be hurt in and wonder about your future.

you mean while slugs like trumaine make a ton of money off a hangnail.  maybe winters wasn't so good this season because of his injury?  granted he was pretty average but he didn't have a decent center or a really good right guard playing beside him.

• Upvote 1