Jamal Adams = Defensive Player of the Year?

Rhg1084

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Jamal Adams’ numbers would have to be astronomical for a strong safety to win the award. If he gets about 3-4 more picks and a few more sacks then we can talk.

I'm not sure he has 3 picks in his career.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Xtina said:

Rodney Harrison just said he’s the best SS on the PLANET and the other one (?) said “the best thing about the jets the last few games, nay the whole season”   (I ad libbed the nay) 

3 minutes ago, FireTheJohnsons said:

Rodney Harrison doesn’t know anything about SS play, angry Jets fans do.....

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Alright fair but what about the fire and heart and leadership. 

Case and point.....

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Jamal Adams’ numbers would have to be astronomical for a strong safety to win the award. If he gets about 3-4 more picks and a few more sacks then we can talk.

Polomalu, Bob Sanders and Ed Reed have all won it once in the last 15 years.  Oddly, only 1 CB has won it in that time.

I think Adams is still a VERY far way from being a top candidate but after this week he can inch back in the conversation a little bit. But for comparison, Logan Ryan, CB from TEN, has more tackles than Adams, with 3.5 sacks, 3 INTs and 3 FFs.  And two DL have 11.5 sacks.

Still a long way to go, but if he keeps playing over the next few weeks like he did the last two, he'll get some real buzz.

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Polomalu, Bob Sanders and Ed Reed have all won it once in the last 15 years.  Oddly, only 1 CB has won it in that time.

I think Adams is still a VERY far way from being a top candidate but after this week he can inch back in the conversation a little bit. But for comparison, Logan Ryan, CB from TEN, has more tackles than Adams, with 3.5 sacks, 3 INTs and 3 FFs.  And two DL have 11.5 sacks.

Still a long way to go, but if he keeps playing over the next few weeks like he did the last two, he'll get some real buzz.

Charles woodson over Revis was complete robbery.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

What does that have to do with Jamal being the DPOY?

I guess nothing, but I could care less about his individual stats let me know when the Jets are winning, and playing important games in December.  Then, and only then will I get excited about any individual player on the Jets not just Adams.

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I guess nothing, but I could care less about his individual stats let me know when the Jets are winning, and playing important games in December.  Then, and only then will I get excited about any individual player on the Jets not just Adams.

But Met fans are excited when their players get awards.  LOL

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

He doesnt. He has two.

6 sacks is impressive but just not enough for any consideration of being DPOTY.

A stat-line of 8 sacks and 5 interceptions would be interesting enough though.

it will not happen.

751E882F-1A08-4876-929B-24077664D6CE.jpeg

Om not so sure. If he keeps playing.like this piling up sacks, he is going to be considered for sure.  Sacks are the glamour  stat

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I think he’s the clear favorite for DPOY this year. Who else is even in the running? TJ Watt Maybe?

Posted this in another thread earlier today.  Glad to see people recognizing he's in the conversation.

These are Vegas odds to win NFL Defensive Player of the Year and only within the DB group....but JA is creeping into the discussion with the Bosas, Aaron Donald, etc.

37303312_ScreenShot2019-11-17at3_58_01PM.png.1fb9ed26da1b72880dd11caa23ecf97b.png