Patriots scandal - If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck....

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Kraft also needs to be punished. He should be on lifetime probation to put some real skin on the line to prevent them from doing it again. Any further cheating offense and he is banned.

Zero is going to happen to Kraft or Belicheat

3 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

they have always been cheating -it's the only way to explain how shady cheats mother nature and that out of shape, skinny kid in the draft photo is the "goat" not by luck or hard work - cheating is the only viable answer

BB does not watch the tape but Ernie...

Brady has been on steroids most of his career and probably also takes HGH to recover from injuries a couple of his teammates were caught like Rodney Harrison and Logan Mankins

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TheClashFan said:

The irony is that they really don't need to cheat, yet it looks like they just can't help themselves!

Do we really know that, though?

It's not like they're doing this for the big games. This is in preparation for an opponent who is 1 - 12. 1 - 12! If they're doing this for routine games like this, then we can only assume that cheating is simply routine for them. And, if all their success is predicated on cheating, how can we say the New England Patriots are any better than any team in the league?

It's like, say there's this guy who gets all the most gorgeous ladies every single night, without fail. He gets any woman he wants, and for all intents and purposes, is quite the ladies man. Then you find out that he's got a secret serum that he injects, unknowingly, into these poor women that makes them fall for him. Can you really call him a ladies man, then? No, he's a f****** predator.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

I heard if true, it is, that they could lose all their draft picks in 2020 or have to hire Adam Gase as their OC.  They said they could wait til 2021.

I say give them Mike Maccagnan, too.

And make Kraft sell the team to the Johnsons.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Do we really know that, though?

It's not like they're doing this for the big games. This is in preparation for an opponent who is 1 - 12. 1 - 12! If they're doing this for routine games like this, then we can only assume that cheating is simply routine for them. And, if all their success is predicated on cheating, how can we say the New England Patriots are any better than any team in the league?

It's like, say there's this guy who gets all the most gorgeous ladies every single night, without fail. He gets any woman he wants, and for all intents and purposes, is quite the ladies man. Then you find out that he's got a secret serum that he injects, unknowingly, into these poor women that makes them fall for him. Can you really call him a ladies man, then? No, he's a f****** predator.

I think you're right that cheating is routine for them. They have been doing it for the last 20 years and that's why they've been caught 3 times. They've done it far more often then they've been caught.

All of their championships are tainted and in question. Could they have won without cheating? No one knows. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I think you're right that cheating is routine for them. They have been doing it for the last 20 years and that's why they've been caught 3 times. They've done it far more often then they've been caught.

All of their championships are tainted and in question. Could they have won without cheating? No one knows. 

Yep. That's why I cringe every time someone around here calls Brady a great QB or Belichick a great coach. Their talents are unequivocally tainted.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, JTJet said:

This is never going to happen. 100% no use even thinking it would. 

I wish it would but thinking logically the NFL wont go there, it cant go there. 

Admitting so would tear down the NFL as you know it. Fans would lose all trust that it's a fair product on the field, and that trust is already shaky as it is with just the allegations and bad officiating. 

They will get docked draft picks as they always do. PR machine will go into full effect. Story will fade away. 

Many, many NFL fans think the game is not on the level. Fans would actually start trusting the league again if something was done about Krafty and Co.

7 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Many, many NFL fans think the game is not on the level. Fans would actually start trusting the league again if something was done about Krafty and Co.

No way. 

Dont you remember what happened with MLB and the late 90s doping scandals? McGuire, Sosa, etc. Their ratings tanked for a long while, people didnt suddenly start tuning into more games and thank MLB for exposing those guys. It only reinforces the idea that cheating exists. 

Basically it validates that people have wasted their money for the last 2 decades, so why continue to spend on a product that is proven to be corrupt? 

Most of us on this board would motor on because let's face it, if you're reading this board, you're a die hard fan, however most fans are casual, and it doesnt take much for them to choose to spend their money elsewhere. 

People barely turn out for some games during bad weather, or losing seasons, can you imagine the amount that wouldnt show up if they knew their team never had/may never have a legitimate fair shot? 

The NFL would lose billions over night.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Patriots are cheaters and anyone who says that Brady or Belichick are the GOATs cannot be taken seriously, either as a journalist, fan, or human being. Never, ever allow anyone to pawn this off as harmless brinksmanship or savvy bottom-dealing. They’ve spent two decades telling their quarterbacks what defensive plays they were facing before the snap. Think about what an incredible advantage that is, knowing exactly who will open before the play even starts. How much would that improve your completion percentage? How many fewer INTs would your QB throw? If you knew who was blitzing, how much more effective would your screen game be? Never, ever, ever let anyone tell you that this was ok. If they do, break a beer bottle over their head or smash a barstool over their dome. If Peter King or Judy Batista or Norman Esiason tries to downplay what the Patriots have done to the sport, tweet their various bosses and try to get them fired. If Roger Goodell burns these new tapes, burn your PSL license. If Belichick doesn’t get suspended for a year over this, cancel your cable package and boycott Massachusetts. What you tolerate, you endorse. Don’t be a ******* louse cheat scumbag. Be a ******* man and stand up for what’s right. Don’t sell out and don’t be quiet about it. Have some integrity. Grow a spine. Meet your enemy on the battlefield or die screaming in your bed like a true bitch. Don’t be like @CTM

^

freedom braveheart GIF by David

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

If this is even a little bit true - BB should be Pete Rose'd.

He can't coach ever again and really shouldn't even be allowed back to league events.  

I have a hard time believing they could be so brazen understanding what the consequences would be if they got caught.

Because they know there will be no consequences.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Can't decide whether to cc: @Pac or @T0mShane here.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Morrissey said:

NFL is gonna sweep this under the rug.... if people actually knew the extent of BB cheating it would put into question the last 20 years of the sport.

If there really is a video with 8 minutes of footage of watching the bengals sidelines and coaches - there's just no way they can bury that again. 

The other owners just won't tolerate it.  

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If there really is a video with 8 minutes of footage of watching the bengals sidelines and coaches - there's just no way they can bury that again. 

Watch it happen.

The NFL is not going to make a big stink out of this 1 month away from the playoffs. 

The Brady and Beli legacies are intertwined with the NFL shield now. If the Pats go down, the NFL is going down with them. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If this is even a little bit true - BB should be Pete Rose'd.

He can't coach ever again and really shouldn't even be allowed back to league events.  

I have a hard time believing they could be so brazen understanding what the consequences would be if they got caught.

Belichick facing a lifetime ban gives me a mammoth erection. Imagine how amazing that would be. Oh my God

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The other owners just won't tolerate it.  

I'm sure the other owners don't want to lose any of their sweet earnings from the bloated empire that is the NFL.

• Upvote 2

Just now, slimjasi said:

Watch it happen.

The NFL is not going to make a big stink out of this 1 month away from the playoffs. 

The Brady and Beli legacies are intertwined with the NFL shield now. If the Pats go down, the NFL is going down with them. 

What’s different about this one is that the Bengals have this tape and a lot of people have seen it. Goodell can’t just drop it in the deep fryer

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

What’s different about this one is that the Bengals have this tape and a lot of people have seen it. Goodell can’t just drop it in the deep fryer

Good point. 

I would love the Patriots to be deleted from earth, so i hope this is it. But I still doubt it. 

4 hours ago, TheClashFan said:

The irony is that they really don't need to cheat, yet it looks like they just can't help themselves!

We really don't know this to be true.

They only win because they're cheating.  Think about it, they've now been caught 4 times cheating - that's how many times they've been caught.  

Who the heck knows what else they were and are doing...

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Those people will be dead within 6 months.... car crashes, natural causes, suicide.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Belichick facing a lifetime ban gives me a mammoth erection. Imagine how amazing that would be. Oh my God

*patiently waits while joewilly google image searches "mammoth erection" for an appropriate pic to post*

This could take awhile.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yep. That's why I cringe every time someone around here calls Brady a great QB or Belichick a great coach. Their talents are unequivocally tainted.

I mean we know Barry Bonds was a great baseball player. What we don't know is if he would have broke the Maris single season home run record (I don't count the other cheaters). Probably not?

• Upvote 1