***OFFICIAL DON’T LET GO OF THE ROPE JETS V BILLS GAMEDAY THREAD***

T0mShane

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's not.  But I'd always rather pick higher in a non-playoff season.  Late season wins never, ever carry over to the next year.  Meanwhile, we've been hurt by those late seasons wins several times over the years.  

Basically the cost/benefit has always said its better to lose than win these absolutely meaningless games.  Just because it goes against some fans' fragile psyche to even think about hoping for a loss doesn't mean its the wrong thing to hope for.  

This. 

There is no guarantee that the player picked at 8 will be better than the pick at 12, but there are more options to choose from at 8.  And there are more options in R2 at 40 than 45, and so on in each round.  More options improves the likelihood of getting better players.  No guarantees.  And if we pick at 12, we might do just fine.  But I would rather have the added options than a meaningless late season win.

• Upvote 3

We’ve been through a lot as Jets fans but this season was very strange even by Jets standards. 
Mosely single handedly mauls the Bills then suffers a bizarre groin injury defending a touchdown pass and is done for the year. 

Darnold gets mono. MONO !!!!!

The backup QB promptly gets hurt and the 3rd string QB looks as bad as we’ve ever seen. 

was every prime time game a debacle?  Sure seemed that way. 

the owner declares the coach safe for another season with no winning mandate or anything. Basically just tells the fans to shut up about the whole fire Gase thing. 

somehow they win 5 home games and williams pieces together a defense with spit and duct tape. 

I’m sure I’m missing a lot but it’s getting to depressing to continue lol

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

We’ve been through a lot as Jets fans but this season was very strange even by Jets standards. 
Mosely single handedly mauls the Bills then suffers a bizarre groin injury defending a touchdown pass and is done for the year. 

The backup QB promptly gets hurt and the 3rd string QB looks as bad as we’ve ever seen. 

the owner declares the coach safe for another season with no winning mandate or anything. Basically just tells the fans to shut up about the whole fire Gase thing. 

somehow they win 5 home games and williams pieces together a defense with spit and duct tape. 

Meh, just another wasted season.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

Next year Woody comes back from England as a glitter rock star! (ala Mark Bolan and David Bowie.)

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

This. 

There is no guarantee that the player picked at 8 will be better than the pick at 12, but there are more options to choose from at 8.  And there are more options in R2 at 40 than 45, and so on in each round.  More options improves the likelihood of getting better players.  No guarantees.  And if we pick at 12, we might do just fine.  But I would rather have the added options than a meaningless late season win.

My point being, that having those added options has gotten us pretty much nowhere over multiple GMs. 

Think the Ravens fans would have rather picked higher and gotten a different player? 

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

My point being, that having those added options has gotten us pretty much nowhere over multiple GMs. 

Think the Ravens fans would have rather picked higher and gotten a different player? 

Gotta hope our new GM is competent and can do more with those options than guys in the past have.  If our GM sucks and can't evaluate players, then the picks don't matter.  I would rather have more options in April than a meaningless 7th win in December.

And Ravens traded up for Lamar. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think we go from 10 to 10 1/2

lol but seriously, it always shocks me that around this time of the year Jets fan get all jammed up about drafting positioning when time and time again, we pass on the right pick anyway, even when QB was a priority!  Sapp, Reed, Marino, Kennedy, Seau for some legacy call outs but the more recents with Watson, Mahomes, Allen, Fuller, etc, etc, etc, and that's just the 1st round. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Poor GM work is not a strong enough argument to suggest picking lower doesn't matter.  

We all know our GM's have sucked.  That doesn't mean anything for the purposes of this argument.  We have a new GM and have to hope he's good at what he does, and I'd rather him pick as high as possible (and have as many picks as possible).  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

lol but seriously, it always shocks me that around this time of the year Jets fan get all jammed up about drafting positioning when time and time again, we pass on the right pick anyway, even when QB was a priority!  Sapp, Reed, Marino, Kennedy, Seau for some legacy call outs but the more recents with Watson, Mahomes, Allen, Fuller, etc, etc, etc, and that's just the 1st round. 

New GM, new hope.  Give me the higher pick.  

• Upvote 2