Vyncint Smith or Robbie Anderson?

Vyncint Smith or Robbie Anderson ?   

86 members have voted

1. 1. Vyncint Smith or Robbie Anderson ?

• Jets should resign Robbie Anderson because of his steady development and chemistry with Sam Darnald
    • Jets should continue to develop Vyncint Smith to replace Robbie Anderson and spend the money at other positions

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

Nah we missed the window to resign Robby. We need to sign, draft or trade for another WR and a good one.

This is kinda where I fall. Im good with Vyncint Smith, I don't think he's got that blow the doors off speed but he's been solid. 

Smith at $500,000 > Robby at $15m

Robby for $10-12 I'd take though

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Robby is a suspension waiting to happen and is frail.

I think the % of getting paid and not trying anymore is higher with Robby than other people think. I think he’s actually matured some the past two seasons and he can make plays but...he just hasn’t shown enough, individually, to warrant the consideration of investing 13 million per year in him. The only true thing that stands with him is that Sam and him have decent chemistry but even that partially neutralizes itself when Sam struggles to hit Robby on the deep ball more often than I’d like.

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I remember when the Seahawks traded us Jermaine Kearse so they could further develop Tyler Lockett and I promise...they don’t miss Kearse and now neither do we.

Interesting. Do you think Vyncint Smith has shown enough to make Robbie expendable? I only really remember Smith making positive plays for us. Don't remember any drops.  Im starting to think it might be better to spend the money elsewhere  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

you can think whatever you want...   the data doesnt support that VS will be able to replace RA's production.

DOESNT mean it CANT happen...   just that the odds are low.

Robby goes and we now have ZERO WR threats. ANd need a #1 AND a #2

Such a major roll of the dice if the Jets decide to let Robbie walk and commit to Smith. 

It is enticing for me to toy with the idea of letting  Robbie walk only because  Smith played so well. He really came out of nowhere and I cannot remember a negative play from him whether it was lining up as a wide receiver or on special teams

This really isn't an "either or" situation. If we can get Robby for around 10M, I'd absolutely do it. Regardless of what we do with Robby, though, Vyncint Smith should be on this team, but no one should expect him to adequately replace Robby. If we can't resign Robby, then we've gotta find some else not currently on this team.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

3 minutes ago, slats said:

I don’t see this as an either/or situation. Signing Robby comes down to one thing and one thing only: does the Jets front office believe that he’s a good risk to give a $40-50M contract. That’s it. His production has earned a deal that size, and he’s gonna get it from somewhere  

And I get that he’s skinny, but he’s not frail. Dude stays on the field. 

Whatever they decide with Robby, Vyncint should contintue to be developed. 

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

This really isn't an "either or" situation. If we can get Robby for around 10M, I'd absolutely do it. Regardless of what we do with Robby, though, Vyncint Smith should be on this team, but no one should expect him to adequately replace Robby. If we can't resign Robby, then we've gotta find some else not currently on this team.

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, slats said:

I don’t see this as an either/or situation. Signing Robby comes down to one thing and one thing only: does the Jets front office believe that he’s a good risk to give a $40-50M contract. That’s it. His production has earned a deal that size, and he’s gonna get it from somewhere  

And I get that he’s skinny, but he’s not frail. Dude stays on the field. 

Whatever they decide with Robby, Vyncint should contintue to be developed. 

And my POV isnt a blank check endorsement. If what he is commanding is reaosnable to work into our situation in JDs opinion, yes, if not no.

Been rooting for NYJet UDFA Wrs since Bobby Jones. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You can’t trust either one of them on third and eight, so neither

Agree we need a physical WR who can make the big plays consistently and take control of a game. 

DK Metcalf was the guy I wanted for a WR here last year, doing well in Seattle. 

58 catches 900 yards 7 TD 

• Upvote 1

Smith has shown flashes but not enough that you can trust him
to replace Anderson.  But I have a feeling that Douglas is going
to put a certain value on Anderson and if he doesn't take it
they'll look to promote Smith.  Smith has a better frame and
doesn't shy away from the "dirty" routes in the middle of the
field but it will be a risk

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

The entire question of Robbie Anderson is related to his salary ask.

He serves a purpose and if he leaves we have to fill the 'deep threat' spot for WR.  However it's a mistake to over pay a guy because term is often an issue as well.

The other thing we do not know is if Gase likes the player or not.  If Gase likes him we will resign him, if not he's gone.

Gase does not like Robby. At all.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Is this based on something you heard or are you surmising?

Our “insiders,” seem to think he’s a goner. I think resigning him would probably be more surprising than letting him go at this point. It sucks, because that would make an outside WR a priority in FA before it again becomes a priority in the draft. 

4 minutes ago, KRL said:

Smith has shown flashes but not enough that you can trust him
to replace Anderson.  But I have a feeling that Douglas is going
to put a certain value on Anderson and if he doesn't take it
they'll look to promote Smith.  Smith has a better frame and
doesn't shy away from the "dirty" routes in the middle of the
field but it will be a risk

I would like Robby back, I would be surprised if it happens though. Gase seems to not be really high on Robby. They will most likely not match what he will get offered elsewhere.

I don't  think we would miss either one. Anderson doesn't  make enough plays and Smith is a 4 or 5. I don't  see either as a needed player. Yes, Anderson is good for running down the field and taking the top of the D which opens the middle but apparently  we weren't  able to take advantage of that too much or Crowder should have had a career year.  Also, Anderson just does some boneheaded things.  I have seen him just running away from plays while Sam is scrambling looking for a place to throw. We need smarter players

49 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Vyncint Smith should be on this team, but no one should expect him to adequately replace Robby. If we can't resign Robby, then we've gotta find some else not currently on this team.

What I am currently thinking is we need a very reliable guy who does his best work between 10-20 yds, potential for YAC (Laviska? or my pref Tee Higgins) and this would render Smyth a PURE #3, with JC working underneath...?

Sam simply doesnt throw the deep ball reliably enough at this point, so go with the intermediate routes ?

You need cheap players like Smith and Berrios in order to rebuild the offensive line. In limited roles they have proven to be serviceable for what they're being asked to do.  The hope is that they develop into larger roles with more experience. There question shouldn't be Anderson or Smith.  It should be Anderson or Scherff, or another top Guard or Tackle. 

• Upvote 2