Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Plenty of Edge Rushers available this year. That would be no1 for me.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the only problem with this is who is available.  they can probably tolerate one top free agent so which position do they fill? ideally they need a guy who is coming off his rookie deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we signed 1 OL in free agency I would be happy. Draft 2 more good prospects and a WR and we have the makings of something good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

If we signed 1 OL in free agency I would be happy. Draft 2 more good prospects and a WR and we have the makings of something good.

The problem with that is that if we only add 1 FA and 2 prospects, we are starting Edoga and Harrison. IIRC, those are the only 2 guys under contract, unless you are keeping Winters on board.  The rest of those slots have to be filled, with retreads or otherwise.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

why would Joe Douglas want to set his guns on fire? :)

Because he moved to NJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The problem with that is that if we only add 1 FA and 2 prospects, we are starting Edoga and Harrison. IIRC, those are the only 2 guys under contract, unless you are keeping Winters on board.  The rest of those slots have to be filled, with retreads or otherwise.

Beachum has to be signed as an insurance policy  if anything. They probably keep guys like Lewis who should be cheap and maybe Shell. I doubt they keep Winters. How many years have we been waiting  for him to show something. Maybe cut him and if he clears waivers, bring him back at the vet minimum.  

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the hope is Douglas, as an alleged solid talent evaluator and former OL himself, can identify under the radar FAs and draft well as opposed to throwing big money at a problem. As a Jets fan it’s something that takes some getting used to.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Beachum has to be signed as an insurance policy  if anything. They probably keep guys like Lewis who should be cheap and maybe Shell. I doubt they keep Winters. How many years have we been waiting  for him to show something. Maybe cut him and if he clears waivers, bring him back at the vet minimum.  

Exactly, time to move on from Winters. They were paying him like he was actually above average, when he was always below average because Idzik & Macc couldn't draft to save their lives. 

We can't stick a bunch of young draft picks out in front of Sam. I'd be SHOCKED if JD doesn't come out of free agency with 2 Olineman. I'm seeing 2 Olineman & Ngokoue in free agency. 

Then he'll step back & go bargain shopping on older WRs. Protect Sam & he'll find open guys, especially with Herndon coming back. Jets are set at TE with Herndon, Griffin & Wesco. Slot with Crowder & Berrios, who the hell knows about Quincy? Draft will be Oline, WRs, RB, CB. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

I think the hope is Douglas, as an alleged solid talent evaluator and former OL himself, can identify under the radar FAs and draft well as opposed to throwing big money at a problem. As a Jets fan it’s something that takes some getting used to.

Under the radar free agents? Is that even a thing? After we cut Winters, THAT IS AN UNDER THE RADAR SIGNING by another team? F*ck that! We need some studs & because Macc ignored the oline we have to pay up on a couple of guys. Go back & look at how much money we had in the oline in 2009/2010. Dbrick-Fanaca-Mangold- Moore- Woody.

That was not a cheap oline based on the overall salary cap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

First round pick will be a shutdown CB!

If Okudah dropped to JD, it would be very hard not to take him. You move Bless to the #2 spot with a full camp, reup poole, and Okudah, bam! especially if JD gets an edge rusher in free agency. CJ Mosely is so f*cking good! Of course he gets hurt his 1st game as a Jet but he'll be back 100%. 

That high #3 from the Giants is a blessing, I see a stud WR or RB taken there. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say lay back this year. They can make maybe one move on the offensive line. The rest of the stuff will need to be mid tier guys. They built a lot of depth last year which is good. They are going to take a big cap hit with Trumaine.

2020: Fix the Offensive Line, add a top young wide receiver in the draft, keep the cap in good shape for 2021 by staying reserved and taking cap hits now. Win the division, play and win a home playoff game.

2021: Make a splash on whatever areas are still needed. Win the Super Bowl.

That is the conservative plan.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I say lay back this year. They can make maybe one move on the offensive line. The rest of the stuff will need to be mid tier guys. They built a lot of depth last year which is good. They are going to take a big cap hit with Trumaine.

2020: Fix the Offensive Line, add a top young wide receiver in the draft, keep the cap in good shape for 2021 by staying reserved and taking cap hits now. Win the division, play and win a home playoff game.

2021: Make a splash on whatever areas are still needed. Win the Super Bowl.

That is the conservative plan.

It wont work. Who is your starting oline? You can't lay back in free agency with the 32rd ranked Oline & a young QB to protect. Trus cap hit is a killer, but you can draft WRs, a RB, we're set at TE & slot, but Oline is even MORE IMPORTANT then WRs right now. I say we PAY for a couple Oline, 1 guys salary will be covered by Tru being off the books a bit in 2021, Bell will also probably be gone in 2021, JD needs to go with some cheaper older WRs while this years draft crop gets rolled in as the season progresses. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jetster said:

If Okudah dropped to JD, it would be very hard not to take him. You move Bless to the #2 spot with a full camp, reup poole, and Okudah, bam! especially if JD gets an edge rusher in free agency. CJ Mosely is so f*cking good! Of course he gets hurt his 1st game as a Jet but he'll be back 100%. 

That high #3 from the Giants is a blessing, I see a stud WR or RB taken there. 

JD should be fired on the spot if he takes a CB at 11 (or any defensive players)  If he’s such a can’t miss prospect and somehow fell to 11 - then trade out with the best offer on the table.

There shouldn’t be a defensive player on the Jets first round draft board this year.

  • Like 1
  • Post of the Week 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 OL and 1 CB or Edge through free agency. Quality players they don't have to be studs but guys that come in and improve us instantly. 

Draft should be BPA at OL,WR,Edge,CB and RB with RB being picked no earlier than one of our 3rds. This draft is full of OL/WR and free agency features many solid capable OL as well. (Costanzo,Scherff,Thuney,Mcgovern,Glasglow,Conklin,Bulaga) We should be able to greatly improve the offense this coming offseason 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

JD should be fired on the spot if he takes a CB at 11 (or any defensive players)  If he’s such a can’t miss prospect and somehow fell to 11 - then trade out with the best offer on the table.

There shouldn’t be a defensive player on the Jets first round draft board this year.

These are the worst takes on here. You don't trade down just so you can justify drafting offense especially not when a prospect like Okudah is there you have to take what the draft gives you or move up to get what you want. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jetster said:

It wont work. Who is your starting oline? You can't lay back in free agency with the 32rd ranked Oline & a young QB to protect. Trus cap hit is a killer, but you can draft WRs, a RB, we're set at TE & slot, but Oline is even MORE IMPORTANT then WRs right now. I say we PAY for a couple Oline, 1 guys salary will be covered by Tru being off the books a bit in 2021, Bell will also probably be gone in 2021, JD needs to go with some cheaper older WRs while this years draft crop gets rolled in as the season progresses. 

Lay back doesn't mean don't sign guys. It means you can't sign 3 guys on day one.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

JD should be fired on the spot if he takes a CB at 11 (or any defensive players)  If he’s such a can’t miss prospect and somehow fell to 11 - then trade out with the best offer on the table.

There shouldn’t be a defensive player on the Jets first round draft board this year.

Get the gofundme ready.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are more holes on this team than there were in Blackburn, Lancashire. Albert Hall would explode.

This will not be a quick fix but a few good drafts could do it. Then the FA signings are meaningful. For now, just do one of the glaring needs like OT or ER or CB. Just don't do one of those tie up all the money Bell or Mosely deals

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

The problem with that is that if we only add 1 FA and 2 prospects, we are starting Edoga and Harrison. IIRC, those are the only 2 guys under contract, unless you are keeping Winters on board.  The rest of those slots have to be filled, with retreads or otherwise.

Well getting 3 good OL would substantially stiffen our situation as it stands. 

Adding retreads/projects after that is probably a given.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Lay back doesn't mean don't sign guys. It means you can't sign 3 guys on day one.

BOOOOOOOOOOM!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

JD should be fired on the spot if he takes a CB at 11 (or any defensive players)  If he’s such a can’t miss prospect and somehow fell to 11 - then trade out with the best offer on the table.

There shouldn’t be a defensive player on the Jets first round draft board this year.

Oh, I agree. I'm just telling you that Okudah would be hard to pass up if he fell to 11, but I would put money on that not happening. Did you guys watch him this year? 

My plan remains- 2 free agent olineman, the best JD can find at whatever position they play on the line. I believe that the way the draft will play out a player like Jerry Juedy will be at 11. If he's BPA at both WR & LT left at that spot you draft him & look at #2 & the two #3s to improve the oline. 

Now you have Juedy- Crowder- Herndon- Bell- another 3rd round RB, Griffin, Wesco. 

Here is where we find our #2 WR in free agency & take your pick. All of these guys will be value contracts. Here are your nominees & their current salaries in their last year of free agency. Everyone of these guys could be half of what Robbie Anderson signs for and I'll put them in the order I think they should be.

#1- Geronimo Allison (2.8 Mill), #2- Nelson Agholor (2.3 Mill), #3- Rashad Higgins (2 Mill),#4-  Demarcus Robinson (2 Mill) #5- Travis Benjamin (4.2 Mill)

Everyone of these guys would be a good fit at the #2 WR spot & come WAY CHEAPER than what Robbie & his agent are looking for. They also have all come from places with a franchise QB in place & I believe would love to be catching passes in NY from a young stud like Sam Darnold. I believe that the list of guys above is why Robbie Anderson was not offered a 2nd ridiculously high contract for a #2 WR. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetster said:

Oh, I agree. I'm just telling you that Okudah would be hard to pass up if he fell to 11, but I would put money on that not happening. Did you guys watch him this year? 

My plan remains- 2 free agent olineman, the best JD can find at whatever position they play on the line. I believe that the way the draft will play out a player like Jerry Juedy will be at 11. If he's BPA at both WR & LT left at that spot you draft him & look at #2 & the two #3s to improve the oline. 

Now you have Juedy- Crowder- Herndon- Bell- another 3rd round RB, Griffin, Wesco. 

Here is where we find our #2 WR in free agency & take your pick. All of these guys will be value contracts. Here are your nominees & their current salaries in their last year of free agency. Everyone of these guys could be half of what Robbie Anderson signs for and I'll put them in the order I think they should be.

#1- Geronimo Allison (2.8 Mill), #2- Nelson Agholor (2.3 Mill), #3- Rashad Higgins (2 Mill),#4-  Demarcus Robinson (2 Mill) #5- Travis Benjamin (4.2 Mill)

Everyone of these guys would be a good fit at the #2 WR spot & come WAY CHEAPER than what Robbie & his agent are looking for. They also have all come from places with a franchise QB in place & I believe would love to be catching passes in NY from a young stud like Sam Darnold. I believe that the list of guys above is why Robbie Anderson was not offered a 2nd ridiculously high contract for a #2 WR. 

 

Free agent OLine are going to be tough to come by - there's a drought of decent talent available and the Jets aren't the only team in need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, peebag said:

Free agent OLine are going to be tough to come by - there's a drought of decent talent available and the Jets aren't the only team in need.

Oh, I get it, JD needs to be a recruiter for whatever is out there. This line is BAD. We have a QB ranked 10th & an oline ranked 32nd! That has to change & JD can't do it all in the draft. Finishing 6-2 means something with a new GM in Douglas & a coach in place for his 2nd year. I think recruiting 1 of the WRs I listed with Sam at QB will be easy. Playing #2 here with a Rookie (Juedy?) a very good TE (Herndon), a very good RB (Bell + a stud 3rd rounder), and Crowder in the slot will open up a lot of opportunity. 

How JD does recruiting a couple of these free agent Oline will be huge to our 2020 season. Macc failed miserably & missed a every damn one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Jetster said:

#2- Nelson Agholor (2.3

As much grief as ppl give Nelson Agholor for his drop in Philly this year, he’s a solid player.

i like Allison too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jack Conklin and Joe Thuney 

Add those two and I don’t care if we don’t do anything else besides re-sign a few of our own guys like Jenkins, Beachum and Poole.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign Conklin and a Guard so we can go wr, wr, rb, OL in the draft. 
 

Then concentrate on the youth movement up front next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

As much grief as ppl give Nelson Agholor for his drop in Philly this year, he’s a solid player.

i like Allison too.

And Joe Douglas obviously knows Agholor from his time in Philly. Nelson could be like Sanu was in Atlanta with Juedy, Crowder & Herndon, if the draft falls that way for the Jets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Jack Conklin and Joe Thuney 

Add those two and I don’t care if we don’t do anything else besides re-sign a few of our own guys like Jenkins, Beachum and Poole.

That would be a coup for the Jets if they got both of those guys. Huge upgrades at LG & RG. Might be able to live with Harrison starting until we integrate Biadesz or Humphery who we get at #2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...