What will the Jets do with Quincy Enunwa?

- Save $2.4M if cut, however injury clause guarantees his 2020 salary. Basically we need him to pass a physical before the 5th day of the new league year if we don't want to pay $7.8M

- Will he ever play again?

- Who are the most likely targets as a replacement? 

- Amari Cooper

- Sammy Watkins

- Stefon Diggs

Who else should we be looking at?

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

Q should retire once he’s healthy. I don’t begrudge him taking advantage of the team doctor’s and trainers while he’s rehabbing but staying after that is forcing the Jets to cut him and just not how it should end 

Yea unfortunately with his attitude through the tail half of the season I could see him being a stickler and wanting to get the $7.8m before he is forced to retire. or at least that's what I'd do haha

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

Yea unfortunately with his attitude through the tail half of the season I could see him being a stickler and wanting to get the $7.8m before he is forced to retire. or at least that's what I'd do haha

Agreed, Why would he take less if he doesn’t have to? I wouldn’t. 

His contract is his contract - Another Gem contract for Mac.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

How the heck do you included an injury clause to the player's benefit when said player is always injured? Only the Jets.

I have a feeling this guy might be wrong here. I cant see even Mac wanting to pay this guy if hes injured. Maybe insurance will pay his 2020 salary i dont know but just doesnt sound right to me.

1 hour ago, Il Mostro said:

How the heck do you included an injury clause to the player's benefit when said player is always injured? Only the Jets.

I don't believe it is an injury clause in the contract, guaranteed money is what players want because there are no injury clauses in NFL contracts. Plus there is standard language in every NFL players contracts regarding injuries per the CBA. Hence teams avoid the CBA contract language with injury settlements.  These cap geniuses can explain it better. But the settlement is only guaranteed on a week to week basis until the player signs elsewhere. The amount of weeks is what is agreed upon by Team and Player.  Then the settlement is null and void from the point of said player signing with another team. 

34 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

Go get Cooper.  

I doubt he'd come here. Stays with the Cowboys or goes to another contender. Heard a podcast linking him with Baltimore. I don't know the Ravens cap situation but if they can fit in him, I could see him go there to help Lamar with as a route runner who can create separation.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't know that he is gone precisely because it is not financially advantageous, but he also can't be counted on.  I'm not sure why anyone was counting on him for 2019 or how he got the contract. 

Because coffee boy thought he was the bees knees. Worst GM for a long long time.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't know that he is gone precisely because it is not financially advantageous, but he also can't be counted on.  I'm not sure why anyone was counting on him for 2019 or how he got the contract. 

I know a was holding out hope it was just bad luck for a two years and he was going stay healthy.  While I didn’t expect it, there was hope.

That hope is entirely gone right now and you can NOT put him on the roster - cost or not.  You have to cut him and take whatever hit you have to take. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Agreed, Why would he take less if he doesn’t have to? I wouldn’t. 

His contract is his contract - Another Gem contract for Mac.

Actually to add to the kick in the nuts of having to pay $7.8m this year for him, is if we want to cut him after the 2020 season we'd still have a cap him from the remaining signing bonus. 

51 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don’t think you can bring a guy back who accused the GM of being a fascist thief for daring to fine the player for missing treatments 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Medical retirements count?  And if you don't pay him he doesn't count against the cap but if he gets insurance money he does? 

Don't know. 

Not how that works, if Quincy retires we need to eat at least the signing bonus of his deal. Here is the verbage from the contract: 2019 and 2020 are guaranteed for injury. That guarantee kicks in on the 5th day of the new league year, meaning if Enunwa is not healthy he won't be able to pass a physical that 2020 season becomes guaranteed.

Screenshot_20200115-194348.png

• Sympathy 1