Ju Ju Smith Schuster

Lupz27

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Kid is coming off a down year some because of injuries, and some because the QB play was bad.

Rooney did not have glowing things to say when asked about a possible contract extension.

Wonder if the Steelers would be willing to part with JuJu Sam’s old running mate, and if so what it would cost, he will be a FA after next season unless signed or tagged could be an interesting player should a team like the Jets want him bad enough, and the Steelers at the very least willing to listen, both may be false.

I would love to reunite Sam with JuJu, would bet they would be all for it too.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There is another one:

michael-pittman-jr.jpg?quality=90&strip=

Michael Pittman Jr. would love to reunite with Sam Darnold

MOBILE, Ala. — One of the Jets’ priorities this offseason is finding some weapons for quarterback to Sam Darnold to throw to. How about one he already knows well?

Michael Pittman Jr. is at the Senior Bowl this week, trying to impress teams and move his name up draft boards in a loaded year for wide receivers. The USC graduate would welcome the chance to play with Darnold again for the Jets.

“That would be great,” Pittman said. “Sammy D was like one of the best quarterbacks I’ve ever played with. He’s just a straight gamer. He is a young quarterback that has 10-15 years left. That would be nice to have that run with him.”

Pittman played his first two seasons with the Trojans with Darnold. He became a starter midway through that second season and caught plenty of passes from Darnold.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/22/michael-pittman-jr-would-love-to-reunite-with-sam-darnold/

SAR I

Pass this is just Burnett 2.0.  Ju Ju is the real deal.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Kid is coming off a down year some because of injuries, and some because the QB play was bad.

Rooney did not have glowing things to say when asked about a possible contract extension.

Wonder if the Steelers would be willing to part with JuJu Sam’s old running mate, and if so what it would cost, he will be a FA after next season unless signed or tagged could be an interesting player should a team like the Jets want him bad enough, and the Steelers at the very least willing to listen, both may be false.

Would love to get him. I think the Steelers would want more but will be hard to get it given his past season and the fact that he’s up for an extension, but I’d easily spend our high 3rd on him. Known young quantity in the NFL and has a history with Sam. Also wouldn’t have to break the bank to sign him. Opens things up for the upcoming draft too. 

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There is another one:

michael-pittman-jr.jpg?quality=90&strip=

Michael Pittman Jr. would love to reunite with Sam Darnold

MOBILE, Ala. — One of the Jets’ priorities this offseason is finding some weapons for quarterback to Sam Darnold to throw to. How about one he already knows well?

Michael Pittman Jr. is at the Senior Bowl this week, trying to impress teams and move his name up draft boards in a loaded year for wide receivers. The USC graduate would welcome the chance to play with Darnold again for the Jets.

“That would be great,” Pittman said. “Sammy D was like one of the best quarterbacks I’ve ever played with. He’s just a straight gamer. He is a young quarterback that has 10-15 years left. That would be nice to have that run with him.”

Pittman played his first two seasons with the Trojans with Darnold. He became a starter midway through that second season and caught plenty of passes from Darnold.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/22/michael-pittman-jr-would-love-to-reunite-with-sam-darnold/

SAR I

why dont we have both GIF

• Haha 2

Honestly, I wouldn't want JuJu.

Seems like a great kid, but I feel like he is a top flight #2.  When AB took the field JuJu was able to really  capitalize on 1 on 1, but with the focus on him after AB left them, he got shut down and Diontae Johnson flourished.

Could it be injury related?  Sure, but I would have a hard time taking the chance there, and i'm sure it would be atleast a 3rd round pick for him, possibly a 2.  POn top of that, like someone else mentioned, I don't see the Steelers parting with him.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

If the Steelers part ways with their best WR, what would that tell you? We aren't  talking about an organization  that has made many mistakes on the past. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Would love to get him. I think the Steelers would want more but will be hard to get it given his past season and the fact that he’s up for an extension, but I’d easily spend our high 3rd on him. Known young quantity in the NFL and has a history with Sam. Also wouldn’t have to break the bank to sign him. Opens things up for the upcoming draft too. 

This is an early contender for Post of the Year, LOL

"A high 3rd will get JuJu",  "wouldn't have to break the bank to sign him." 

:dohslap:

Stick to bashing Mayfield with your buddy philc. Playing GM is obviously above your pay grade.

• Thumb Down 3

28 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

he throws candy penises at his baby momma?

That is the guy that the Steelers gave a second contract.

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Lol...what?  Have you even watched Pittman?  Him and Burnett are nothing alike. 

Wait, you mean Pittman isn't a 185 lb slot receiver that doesn't offer anything on specials? 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Honestly, I wouldn't want JuJu.

Seems like a great kid, but I feel like he is a top flight #2.  When AB took the field JuJu was able to really  capitalize on 1 on 1, but with the focus on him after AB left them, he got shut down and Diontae Johnson flourished.

Could it be injury related?  Sure, but I would have a hard time taking the chance there, and i'm sure it would be atleast a 3rd round pick for him, possibly a 2.  POn top of that, like someone else mentioned, I don't see the Steelers parting with him.

Co-sign.  Quite possibly Alvin Harper 2.0, who was outstanding as a #2 playing opposite Michael Irvin -- but absolutely tanked as a #1 after getting paid accordingly.

2 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

HSeems like a great kid, but I feel like he is a top flight #2.  When AB took the field JuJu was able to really  capitalize on 1 on 1, but with the focus on him after AB left them, he got shut down and Diontae Johnson flourished.

38 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

Co-sign.  Quite possibly Alvin Harper 2.0, who was outstanding as a #2 playing opposite Michael Irvin -- but absolutely tanked as a #1 after getting paid accordingly.

I think he's still young and learning the position. Remember, it wasn't just AB that left, it was also Bell and Ben (hurt after 1 game). I think he'll be better than what he showed last year, but agree that he'll be a low-end WR1. Still, I think the potential to buy-low presents itself exactly for the reasons you've listed above and the fact that he's up for an extension next year. As I mentioned in my post earlier, the steelers might ask for more, but from what we know of them, when they're ready to move on from someone, they don't hold out for a Kings Ransom. Our first 3rd might just get it done, and I certainly would do it for that. 

4 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Steelers love Schuster and he is their only real receiving threat right now. They will not let him leave.

According to OTC the Steelers only have $1.4m in cap space with Dupree  to sign. Very deep draft for WR and JuJu needing to be paid next year. I'd be good with a 3rd being offered for him as long as he signs an extension. Heck, we'll probably get a 3rd or 4th comp next year for Robbie if we let him go 

image.png.6fda08fd103a69571923cfb62c3a3f97.png

• Upvote 1