Report: Cincinnati Bengals listening to trade offers from multiple teams on No. 1 pick

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/lsu-football/report-cincinnati-bengals-listening-to-trade-offers-from-multiple-teams-on-no-1-pick/

Both Cincinnati Bengals fans and the family of Joe Burrow appear ready for the Heisman Trophy winner to return to his home state. Other teams, however, are interested in acquiring the No. 1 pick in the upcoming NFL Draft. Dan Sileo, a former NFL player and current sports radio host, recently reported that Cincinnati is listening to offers from the Los Angeles Chargers, Miami Dolphins, Denver Broncos, Chicago Bears and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The first two teams come as no surprise. Los Angeles is looking for a Philip Rivers replacement and Miami entered the 2019 season with talk of “tanking” for Tua Tagovailoa. The Dolphins hold the No. 5 pick while the Chargers have No. 6.

Denver, meanwhile, is at pick No. 15. Former Mizzou standout earned the 2019 season on a strong note, but if the Broncos are looking to trade up, it’s assumed the team would be looking at drafting Burrow.

Chicago does not have a first-round pick, having traded it to the Raiders already. Bears general manager Ryan Pace had previously committed to Mitch Trubisky as the team’s Week 1 starter in 2020.

Tampa Bay is reportedly weighing whether to re-sign Jameis Winston. The Buccaneers have pick No. 14 in the first round.

The Bengals have traded up for No. 1 before (1995), but did not trade away the first pick in 1994 or 2003.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Where did you get the personality thing from?  

good question - Burrow was a model citizen at Ohio State - he accepted the back up role until he earned his degree, lost out to Haskins (who threw 50 TD's) went to LSU and proved he was better

The Bengals coach seemed to really like Justin Herbert, while coaching the Senior Bowl, my guess is they are looking at the possibility of loading up on picks and still getting their QB - might not be the right choice but these teams like to out think themselves - to me Burrow is the obvious choice like Darnold should have been

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Could you imagine the haul? Miami has a lot of picks. You could change your team around in no time. There are a lot of good players in this draft, they could come away with Herbert or Tua, PLUS the LT we want, PLUS WRs to replace Green, PLUS a big time CB. 

Hell, they whooped our azz last year! Trading out for an unprecedented haul might not be stupid, Burrow isn't the only QB in draft, plus there are a lot of veteran options to allow a young QB time to develop. You have to consider your options. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

One year of good play surrounded by a stacked team.

10 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

borderline Mayfield personality that will go south quick if he doesn’t win right away. 

Funny, these are the two things I’ve been saying for much of the season and started getting really annoying about after the championship. Still, people think I’m in left field by myself. That’s fine.

The bengals have a lot of needs and should absolutely be sellers this offseason because they will likely get a haul that could set them up well in the near future. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Dan Sileo, a former NFL player and current sports radio host, recently reported 

Yeah, this is so real.

Id guess that any team, unless they have a need for a QB and there's a Luck type available, would be smart to listen to offers.  You never know, you could get a Ricky Williams like offer 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yeah, hoping the 4th tackle chosen will turn out to be really good would be a prayer.

if it comes to 3 OT's gone i still lean that direction, ... although I can easily be talked into C, G, or the 2 WR's

14 minutes ago, ljr said:

if it comes to 3 OT's gone i still lean that direction, ... although I can easily be talked into C, G, or the 2 WR's

If we are staring at the #4 OT or the #1 WR, the pick has to be the WR, especially if the OL is addressed in some way during free agency.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I think the Giants go WR and we get the 2nd or 3rd OT.

They are in a real sweet spot. They ideally want to address the D.Depending on how aggressive the QB needy teams are to leapfrog one another, Chase Young could fall to them. They could stay put and take the #1 WR, as you say, or take Jones' bodyguard at LT for the next 10 years. Or, trade down a few, get more ammo, and still get Simmons or Epensa.