Rumors, Leaks, Reports, Whines, in 2020 Free Agency

jetstream23

10 minutes ago, maury77 said:

You not being completely bent out of shape over the Fant signing is about the only positive thing I can point to. 

Here is something I found that is postiive.  Posteed this in one of the Fant threads.  Walter Jones seemed to like him and wanted the Seahawks to keep him around.  His comments from Feb interview with ESPN Seattle.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/813494/walter-jones-seahawks-brown-could-be-remembered-as-an-all-time-great/?

As far as the offensive line goes, Jones thinks bringing Fant back is most important for 2020 and beyond.

“George Fant has done a lot here … I think he had an opportunity to learn a lot from a great guy in Duane Brown, so I think that’s one guy you’ve got to try and get back,” Jones said. “I’m fearful for him because I know once he goes out there and tests the market he’s got enough tape on film, they had him playing (as) an extra blocking tight end and then there was a couple of games where Duane missed and he got an opportunity to go out there and get stuff on film in tough situations.”

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Here is something I found that is postiive.  Posteed this in one of the Fant threads.  Walter Jones seemed to like him and wanted the Seahawks to keep him around.  His comments from Feb interview with ESPN Seattle.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/813494/walter-jones-seahawks-brown-could-be-remembered-as-an-all-time-great/?

As far as the offensive line goes, Jones thinks bringing Fant back is most important for 2020 and beyond.

“George Fant has done a lot here … I think he had an opportunity to learn a lot from a great guy in Duane Brown, so I think that’s one guy you’ve got to try and get back,” Jones said. “I’m fearful for him because I know once he goes out there and tests the market he’s got enough tape on film, they had him playing (as) an extra blocking tight end and then there was a couple of games where Duane missed and he got an opportunity to go out there and get stuff on film in tough situations.”

ok, i'll concede - coming from Jones, that's probably the best spin possible. 

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

ok, i'll concede - coming from Jones, that's probably the best spin possible. 

Damien Woody thinks he is a good fit too.  Admittedly I know nothing about the guy.  Not doing cartwheels over this signing, but I will wait to see how the guy plays with us before killing it too.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Damien Woody thinks he is a good fit too.  Admittedly I know nothing about the guy.  Not doing cartwheels over this signing, but I will wait to see how the guy plays with us before killing it too.

I mean ... the fact that Fant and Wirfs put up similar athletic numbers (Vert/Broad/40) means a lot less than the fact that Wirfs did that at 320 (to Fant's 296) and has years of game film at OT showing that translating to the field. Woody's tweet means something. Nagy's tweet is ridiculous

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

I feel like we're accustomed to getting the glass half full pitch whenever we sign johnny dickweek - but Jones is.. well, he's god damn walter jones. 

I'll let it pass. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Aussie Jet said:

Brian Costello wrote in his article on the Fant signing that the Jets have interest in Phillip Dorsett and are prepared to let Jordan Jenkins walk, probably to the Giants.

Jenkins is a jag with marginal athleticism, like Leo.  Funny if the giants wind up with both.

16 minutes ago, Lith said:

Alright that calmed me down a little bit. Can’t discount what he has to say. We’ll see. 

6 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

I mean ... the fact that Fant and Wirfs put up similar athletic numbers (Vert/Broad/40) means a lot less than the fact that Wirfs did that at 320 (to Fant's 296) and has years of game film at OT showing that translating to the field. Woody's tweet means something. Nagy's tweet is ridiculous

I agree with you.  Nagy's tweet meant nothing to me.  Woody's comment is attached to Nagy's tweet, so both were posted.

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The Bills signed 6 offensive lineman last off-season, 3 of them became starters.  The only notable one was Mitch Morse

So they needed 3 starters.  Furthermore, none of them were Fant levels of awful.

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Did Douglas fire your source that was on the Jets? Is that what your 10 year old bitch fest is about?

Nah.  Firmly there.  Is the dose of reality that Douglas may not be this heaven sent savior have your panties full of sand over anything and everything that's not sniffing the streaks from his underwear?

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

10mil per year for this.

LOL.

Literally a down grade from Beachum at $2M more per year.  Let’s face it, our FO got their azz kicked today.  There is no way that Fant was in their top 3 choices to sign today.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Literally a down grade from Beachum at $2M more per year.  Let’s face it, our FO got their azz kicked today.  There is no way that Fant was in their top 3 choices to sign today.  

Couldn't have said it better myself.

3 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

pathetic

Apparently being pissed off about this makes me a 10 year old b*tching.

TIL.

• Upvote 1