Rumors, Leaks, Reports, Whines, in 2020 Free Agency

jetstream23

If brady ends up going to the chargers that hurts the jets chances of landing a top 4 tackle in the draft.  Right now I think alot of people are predicting them to be in the quarterback hunt if brady doesnt sign, but having him in the fold and trading okung for turner leaves them with a big hole at LT.  Would make them a prime candidate to land one of those guys. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

If brady ends up going to the chargers that hurts the jets chances of landing a top 4 tackle in the draft.  Right now I think alot of people are predicting them to be in the quarterback hunt if brady doesnt sign, but having him in the fold and trading okung for turner leaves them with a big hole at LT.  Would make them a prime candidate to land one of those guys. 

The math says we end up with a top 4 OT

You got Tua, Burrow and Herbert all going top 10

Chase Young, Simmons and Okudah

7 minutes ago, Pcola said:

I normally agree with this sentiment.  But within 24 hours, we have seen Miami eclipse is in overall talent, draft stock, etc. and Brady is leaving.  We (arguably) have the best QB in the division (potential wise) but we are the worst team in the division.  

we can’t wait for JD to draft enough players for Gase to develop into a playoff roster.  We should be filling that gap with talent, not other teams back ups.  Or no one at all.

We are in year one of a three year rebuild.

Trade or Trent Williams, Sign McGovern, move Fant to RT. Resign Robby or sign Perriman, draft a WR at 11, IOL/Edge at 48 and then Cb/Wr/OL in the 3rd. We can still build around Sam but it's not gonna be overnight 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

All of these guys should be in play for us. Unfortunately the best ones are on defense (again)

If JD can get a combo of Clowney, Van Roten, Trufant and Perriman and resign Robby it actually ends up a very good offseason before we even have the draft 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Not anymore. They have fallen back in recent years. Gettleman is basically Gase in the front office

I'm not a huge fan either but outside looking in his decisions to move on from OBJ and Collins were smart. He took a QB most felt was over drafted but looks to have hit on him (if he can hang onto the ball) not to mention the Mara's are generally held in a higher regard than the Johnsons

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

I'm not a huge fan either but outside looking in his decisions to move on from OBJ and Collins were smart. He took a QB most felt was over drafted but looks to have hit on him (if he can hang onto the ball) not to mention the Mara's are generally held in a higher regard than the Johnsons

Generally yes, but in recent years they have been downgraded. Starting with the Eli fiasco

Giants fans hate him. 

15 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If JD can get a combo of Clowney, Van Roten, Trufant and Perriman and resign Robby it actually ends up a very good offseason before we even have the draft 

Van Roten seems to be a popular guy right now, with the Panthers, Jets, Bills and Cheats all allegedly interested.

23 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

What upside?  Dak is what he is at best he’s a QB who wins 9 or 10 games and gets eliminated in the playoffs 

Dak winning 9-10 games per year may be all it takes to win that division most years. I'd rather roll the dice on 10 years of playoffs with the outside shot of getting hot than overpaying a 43 year old Brady for 1 year and not having another answer at QB.

That said you wouldn't have to commit to Dak that long, I'm just saying I don't see much upside in Brady at this point.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Generally yes, but in recent years they have been downgraded. Starting with the Eli fiasco

Giants fans hate him. 

Giants fans hate McAdoo, not the Mara's IMO. The average NFL career is 3 years, players are looking at the NOW not the past. Last year the Jets were a legit dumpster fire. The Giants while still drafting ahead of us appear to show more promise than the Jets.

I still think it's entirely possible that Douglas's team will be better across the board (starters and depth) than last year's team.  He has a plan and he's sticking to it.  The caveat being he knows he's getting a LT starter in the draft, one way or another,

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Looks like Jets are in on Greg Van Roten right now.

G Greg Van Roten and The Jets have had continued discussions per @Connor_J_Hughes Van Roten was a starter in Carolina and as previously noted, is a Long Islander and NY Jets Fan. Seems like if the Jets miss him that would be a big whiff.

speaking of big whiffs, seems like a missed opportunity to say something like, "Jets losing out on this player would be awfully... ROTTEN"

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

G Greg Van Roten and The Jets have had continued discussions per @Connor_J_Hughes Van Roten was a starter in Carolina and as previously noted, is a Long Islander and NY Jets Fan. Seems like if the Jets miss him that would be a big whiff.

If  Stevie Cohen(former savior of the Mets) is a Jets fan, and he's interested, we could solve way bigger problems than RG.?

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Damn. If he's a Jets fan then he's out. He should know not to sign here

• WTF? 1

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Must've been weird cheering for us on the sideline when we lost to the Panthers a couple years ago. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

It's still possible to have a starting OL of 

LT - Beachum/Josh Jones (after a trade back in round 1)

LG - Peat

C - Caesar Ruiz

RG - Van Roten

RT - Fant/Edoga

That would be significantly better than last year's horror show.

I just brought up Peat last night

Not sure why no one is talking about him. Pretty sure he was a pro-bowl alternate in the NFC the last two years.

He never really worked out at LT but he’s been pretty damn good as a LG.

I remember plenty of us loved him when he came out of Stanford. Especially @RobR.

If he can be had for less than dudes like Glasgow and Flowers then that’s a steal.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I just brought up Peat last night

Not sure why no one is talking about him. Pretty sure he was a pro-bowl alternate in the NFC the last two years.

He never really worked out at LT but he’s been pretty damn good as a LG.

I remember plenty of us loved him when he came out of Stanford. Especially @RobR.

If he can be had for less than dudes like Glasgow and Flowers then that’s a steal.

IMHO.....these guys are not better than what we already have. Good miss, if we ever even considered them.

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

IMHO.....these guys are not better than what we already have. Good miss, if we ever even considered them.

I didn’t want anything to do with Flowers under any circumstance. Especially not at $10 million a year.

But Glasgow is durable and has proven to be an above average starter at both RG and C. That would’ve been a nice get.

43 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Giants fans hate McAdoo, not the Mara's IMO. The average NFL career is 3 years, players are looking at the NOW not the past. Last year the Jets were a legit dumpster fire. The Giants while still drafting ahead of us appear to show more promise than the Jets.

No they hate Gettleman. I know.

7-9 equals a dumpster fire?